[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2010 Vancouver Olympics

SteelBunz

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what did she do?

Had the gold medal secured with a HUGH lead on the boarder cross, and on the last jump she show boated and did a board grab. She slipped and ate it, finishing in second.

Very, very dumb.

Not to mention for the longest time she insisted the grab was to "maintain stability" and then admitted it was unnecessary and cost her the gold.

She DQed out this year, after endless stories about how she was going to redeem herself.

The US choked again.

I know as much about curling as Hugh 0ne does about hair care products, but why is that guy on the end all the time? Couldn't we switch up positions so we don't have a hugh choke job at the very end? I don't know, maybe the guy is good, but those shots were basically wide open, including the night before. Like I said, I don't know much about curling so I really shouldn't comment.

Lindsey Vonn, Shani Davis, and Shaun White

:wacko::D:D:D:D:D:bash::bash:

I missed Shani Davis, but the rest was outstanding last night. I didn't agree with Lago getting knocked down to bronze. I thought he had a better run than the other guy, but that's what happens in judged sports. Glad he medaled tho. Shaun White & Vonn are just ridiculous... Vonn afterward & on the podium was a great moment. :bash:

Glad Mancuso brought the silver home as well, but did anybody else notice an uncomfortable vibe between her & Vonn?

awesome night all around! Shaun White was off the charts in the pipe, and Lago's first run was awesome too

Vonn guts out the gold on a bad leg - awesome to watch, I hate her husband

wow were there some incredible crashes on the downhill, some serious out of control air at the end of that crazy course

I missed Shani Davis, but the rest was outstanding last night. I didn't agree with Lago getting knocked down to bronze. I thought he had a better run than the other guy, but that's what happens in judged sports. Glad he medaled tho. Shaun White & Vonn are just ridiculous... Vonn afterward & on the podium was a great moment. :D

Glad Mancuso brought the silver home as well, but did anybody else notice an uncomfortable vibe between her & Vonn?

I agree, very gutsy and dominant performance by Vonn, given how tough the course was. IMO the best part of the Olympics is seeing the athletes bask in that moment when all the hard work and sacrifice pays off. Vonn's interview after her run was as good as it gets.

But my second favorite moment has to be:

:wacko:

I know as much about curling as Hugh 0ne does about hair care products, but why is that guy on the end all the time? Couldn't we switch up positions so we don't have a hugh choke job at the very end? I don't know, maybe the guy is good, but those shots were basically wide open, including the night before. Like I said, I don't know much about curling so I really shouldn't comment.

Sure they could switch it up, but they would have to switch it before the game starts, you can't change where you throw during the game. We were watching the match at the curling club last night, and a lot of us think Benton should be throwing skip rocks (he currently throws lead rocks - that is the first 2 - for Team USA). Reason being he's been throwing better than the rest of the team so far, and Shuster has been terrible with any kind of a pressure shot, not to mention calling a very questionable game. The fact that Benton is older than the rest of the team may help too as it looks like a case of nerves hitting Shuster on a regular basis. One of the legends of US curling came out and said the one major concern he had about the men's team this year was their age. I think he was spot on with that.

On the other hand, Shuster isn't acting like the arrogant little prick I remember him as, so he's got that going for him. Which is nice. :wacko:

Shaun White is a god among little boys out there.

Secures his gold medal with only his first run, that didn't even include his Double McTwist. are you kidding me? :wacko:

He did that for his second run in which he didn't even need to run.

Sure they could switch it up, but they would have to switch it before the game starts, you can't change where you throw during the game. We were watching the match at the curling club last night, and a lot of us think Benton should be throwing skip rocks (he currently throws lead rocks - that is the first 2 - for Team USA). Reason being he's been throwing better than the rest of the team so far, and Shuster has been terrible with any kind of a pressure shot, not to mention calling a very questionable game. The fact that Benton is older than the rest of the team may help too as it looks like a case of nerves hitting Shuster on a regular basis. One of the legends of US curling came out and said the one major concern he had about the men's team this year was their age. I think he was spot on with that.

On the other hand, Shuster isn't acting like the arrogant little prick I remember him as, so he's got that going for him. Which is nice. :D

Good to know he's an arrogant little prick when he's not choking on the world stage. Makes it easier to watch then. Thanks. :wacko:

How awesome is it that Shaun White was able to secure gold on his first run?!! I also think it's cool that he had his own private half pipe built for practicing so his competitors don't know what he's working on. It's good to be king. And he's only 23 - I'd say he's got 2 more olympic golds in him.

OK, if you like I'll talk about skiing strategy.

Go downhill, real fast. If something gets in your way, turn.

:D

Awesome! There are some great lines in that movie. Very funny :wacko:

And I shouldnt admit this, but after seeing BOD, I wanted to drive a black Camaro, be a great skier(even on one ski), and date a French exchange student :D

How awesome is it that Shaun White was able to secure gold on his first run?!! I also think it's cool that he had his own private half pipe built for practicing so his competitors don't know what he's working on. It's good to be king. And he's only 23 - I'd say he's got 2 more olympic golds in him.

Cool Dude!!! But he looks like....Carrot Top.... vs Shaun White...

:wacko:

Edited by rocknrobn26