[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prayers, good vibes needed

Menudo

I've been going through a pretty tough stretch here and my family could use any prayers or positive vibes that we can get. My Grandmother, who I'm extremely close to has been pretty sick for a while. Five years ago, she lost her husband and son (my dad) within two months of each other. For obvious reasons, she hasn't been the same since. Now, she has been getting extremely sick over the last month. Yesterday, she was diagnosed with cancer in her liver. The bad news is that it is in the center of her liver. They have more tests to do, but it doesn't sound too good right now. My gram is 82, and I honestly don't know how much fight she will have in her. I'm just praying for the best, but preparing for the worst.

On another note, my wife has been dealing with health issues as well. She has been completely rundown with no energy for almost three weeks now, which is not like her at all. She has been to the docs a few times, and they find nothing but what they are calling a stomach bug. Three weeks now, and she still can't keep food down and is completely lethargic. I'm starting to get a bit worried, as I would have expected her to feel better by now, but she says she feels worse. I've been with her for 15 years now and can count on one hand the times she's ever complained of sickness. Having her down like this makes me realize even more what she means to me and our family. She and my son are my whole world and I can't imagine life without them.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any prayers or positive vibes you could send our way would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy of boy, Menudo! I hope and pray for the best for you and yours.

Very sorry to hear, prayers sent. Are they doing radiation or chemo or - ? If possible she should go to someplace like Sloan-Kettering or MD Anderson (among the top cancer centers in the world. Re your wife, get a 2d opinion. Maybe it is just some virus or whatever but best to err on the side of caution.