[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

World Cup 2010

alexgaddis

GREAT article on Yahoo sports...spot on

The Fire Bob Bradley campaign has been around for years now and has only been dismissed by the U.S. federation because the team kept rolling along in spite of its coach and his chronic mismanagement. Now that the rolling has stopped and U.S. fans are left frustrated over a favorable path to a World Cup semifinal squandered, it's time to thank Bradley for his commitment and the successes that he did bring and finally bring on a manager who can fully realize the potential (which, to be clear, is far from limitless) this squad has. Or at the very least won't constantly serve as a handicap to a national team ready to mature.

i admit i'm no expert on u.s. soccer (and the u.s. was eliminated from the world cup only eight hours ago), but will there be another push to bring in jurgen klinsmann?

i was disappointed to see the u.s. lose, but, i have to say, the donovan goal against algeria will be one of those sporting moments i remember for a long time, regardless of how they finished in the world cup.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The England v Germany game is great. Germany up 2-0, then 2-1 and then---Big Controversy. England clearly scored but the linesman was out of position and could not tell that the ball crossed the line. It should be 2-2 right now.

The England v Germany game is great. Germany up 2-0, then 2-1 and then---Big Controversy. England clearly scored but the linesman was out of position and could not tell that the ball crossed the line. It should be 2-2 right now.

Typical lucky Germans.

Anyone else think Bornstein was a real liability? I also thought both goals were shots Howard could, maybe should have stopped. As far as firing Bradley, this is not some new movement based on this loss, it just solidifies the reasons he should go. Starting Clark was indefensible.

I'm a Germany fan now.

Bandwagon jumper. I hope Argentina kick the filthy Germans all over the pitch.

So, with the USA out, you won't pick another team to root for? Being of minor German ancestory, and mostly Irish, I'm hardly gonna root for the Brits against Germany. I also liked Uraguay and, yes, Argentina. I suppose you were an Argentina fan before the WC started? :wacko:

The guys from my bloodlines looked solid today. Klose and Podolski are lethal, and that little rat boy Ozil is quite the creative force. Solid along the back lines too, it seems. Gosh, if Ballack were healthy this team would be ridiculous. Gonna be interesting to see how they deal with Argentina, assuming they get past Mexico.

So, with the USA out, you won't pick another team to root for? Being of minor German ancestory, and mostly Irish, I'm hardly gonna root for the Brits against Germany. I also liked Uraguay and, yes, Argentina. I suppose you were an Argentina fan before the WC started? :tup:

:wacko: His family is English.

Now a Mexican player shoves a Argentine player out of bounds and no card just before halftime :wacko:, then a fracas occurs behind the bench as the players were preparing to go to the dressing room.

The biggest thing the US needs is a lethal striker...you know, a forward that can actually score...

And Timmay is an amazing goalie but that first goal was terrible...can't get beat on the nearside like that...oh well, even the greats make mistakes

The biggest thing the US needs is a lethal striker...you know, a forward that can actually score...

And Timmay is an amazing goalie but that first goal was terrible...can't get beat on the nearside like that...oh well, even the greats make mistakes

Dude, Altidore is 20. TWENTY! He'll be in his soccer prime next World Cup. He can certainly be that lethal striker. My concern is the back line. Those cats are old.

altidore is young, and already pretty badass. he seemed off against ghana, but he was awesome against algeria. I could see this guy being an elite striker in 4 years.

What ever happened to that Freddie guy that everyone was touting a few years back ? Adu or something like that. Is he in the world cup ?

What ever happened to that Freddie guy that everyone was touting a few years back ? Adu or something like that. Is he in the world cup ?

Playing in Portugal now.

Was in the US team squads for younger players, but was not named for the US world cup team.

Don't get me wrong I like Jozy...and I HOPE he can continue to develop into that scoring threat...he just needs that killer instinct to go along with his obvious physical talents...

That and his soccer awareness is terrible. He just never seems to make the right pass, or the right move, or be in the right position.