[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favorite tools

BeeR

No I don't mean your stupid but well-meaning liberal next door neighbor. :wacko: I mean actual tools.

I love this little hand saw which is great for whackin branches. It's got a fine tooth edge and a bigger "serrated" (sp) edge on the other for getting through thicker tougher stuff. Cuts like a knife through hot butter. Have done a lot of choppin in my time so have used a lot. Best of all got it on sale somewhere dirt cheap, like a few bucks.

Also my (small) cresent wrench. Often I'm too lazy to look for the exact size of whatever but usually I can use this and get it just fine.

I'd like to add my cordless screwdriver but I don't use it much these days......

Cane knife - I've cleared an entire lot with one of these baby's. Much better than the average machete due to the added weight & the hook is great for pulling vines & brush without having to put the tool down while you work.

I-beam construction pry bar - This puppy can gut a house like nobody's business. I did my entire house with this tool alone.

The Garden Weasel is my favorite outdoor tool, I use it all the time to break up soil in my lawn to plant new seed. I'm also really happy with my new Echo string trimmer.

As for indoor tools, gotta give a shout out to my Ryobi miter saw, use it for everything. A recent purchase that I'm really happy with is a set of sockets for removing stripped bolts/nuts. Tried everything I had to remove one of the bolts for my mower blade -- the socket from this set did it in 2 seconds.

I use these more than any other hand tool by far.

After doing a brake job on our minivan, pneumatic socket and impact wrench.

For hand tools, probably my BFH. Large handle, massive waffle head. Giant claw. Great for driving a nail or taking one out as long as you don't care what the wood looks like once you are done. Also doubles as a prybar.

I'd have to say my favorite is my compressor and HVLP paint gun.

A close second would probably be the 3/8" drive snap-on ratchet I got a couple Christmases ago. Other than maybe tbimm, you wouldn't believe how much difference there is in using one of those compared to, say, a Craftsman (POS).

I'd have to say my favorite is my compressor and HVLP paint gun.

A close second would probably be the 3/8" drive snap-on ratchet I got a couple Christmases ago. Other than maybe tbimm, you wouldn't believe how much difference there is in using one of those compared to, say, a Craftsman (POS).

Ever since I worked as a mechanic I swear by Snap-On or Mac tools. There is a world of difference between these and Craftsman or the Lowes/Home Depot stuff.

Hands down my fave of all time. It don't care what type of metal you're cutting. It make an O-A cutting torch obsolete.

Add the CNC option (cool video btw) and that mofo is a brute.

Always wondered how a guy could make a living selling tools from a truck.

See, if you don't use your tools for a living, it's no big deal to go to sears or HD to get a broken widget replaced next weekend. When you're like tbimm, that broken widget is costing you money. When you're like my Dad was at one time, you're out on the strip job 20 miles from anything, that tool truck stops 2X day.

My favorites are snap-on/proto (kinda 1 and 1a), Wright, SK, Mac (again, kinda 2, 2a and 2b) and then everything else, basically. I will say though, that the cobalt tools that Lowes carries are FAR and away better than Craftsman or Husky. They're my favorites in the "cheap" category.

I have many awesome tools. My fav would be my Makita 12" compound slide saw. Bought it off amazon years ago for about $700 (list was over $1200)... worth every cent. For you tool guys, this deal is just too damn good to be true... a $600+ drill for $20 http://www.amazon.com/Factory-Reconditione...0558&sr=8-1

You'll need a battery and a charger (can get them off e-bay), but this drill is most excellent. Since I already had a 24V Makita saw I picked one up... quality.