[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drinking habits

BeeR

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can drink. I was pretty much a twelve pack a day on Fri, Sat and Sun. Trying to lose weight and save some cash so the last month or so I've had next to nothing and I see that going until at least Jan.

Save for next Saturday when I'll be at the wrap up party for Cleveland's Beer Week. I didn't pay $65 to stay sober...

classic binger I hardly ever drink M-Th, unless I have happy hour or dinner with a client, and I hit the gym hard. Not mys style to chill mid-week at home with a glass of wine or beer -

Weekends are different story - Fri/ Sat out with friends, we hit it pretty hard, shots the works. We like to get loose. I usually don't drink on Sundays so I can be not completely worthless Monday at work. Definitely slowing down tho, I like feeling good and hitting the gym too much.

classic binger I hardly ever drink M-Th, Not my style to chill mid-week at home with a glass of wine or beer -

Same here. It used to be four times a week (TH-SUN). Now I basically go out on Friday after work with my friends, spend Saturday with the family (unless there is something happening), and watch my friends with no kids drink on Sunday. I nowbring my son with me to watch football at my friend's house, so I have an excuseto not drink. Cannot stand going to work on Monday after drinking all day Sunday. It just isn't in the cards anymore!

I drink once a week to the point where I will catch a buzz. maybe twice. It depends. Its always fri-sat or sun. Sundays if my wife has the kids and I have free reign to watch the games ill get pretty lit up. i work on weekends a lot though. Its mostly beer I drink. I dont usually get hammered that often. A few times over the summer I did but for the most part I just catch a nice buzz. Booze blends nice with vicodin :wacko:

seems like I just hardly ever drink any more. every 6 weeks or so I'll make it to the liquor store and come home with a few bottles of wine and maybe a 12-pack and a 750 or two of "good" beer, and for a couple weeks after that I'll have a couple glasses of wine a night or 3 or 4 beers, then I'll run out and not have a drop for several weeks. if the fridge is stocked, I am pretty much drinking a little bit nightly -- it's just hardly ever stocked. in social situations I will sometimes, but not always, partake moderately. I do love beer and wine, but I guess I am also pretty much fine without them. :wacko:

Age and a newborn have definately slowed me down. I will still drink a sixer on most Friday nights and a handful on Saturday throughout the day watching college football. Sundays maybe a bloody or a beer or two. Rarely if ever during the week.

I don't drink. I never acquired a taste for beer, and I've found that, with most alcohol, I skip the buzz and go straight to the feeling-like-crap part. Last time I got wasted was in college about 18 years ago. The plus side is that I have a super-low tolerance, so if I ever really wanted to get wasted it would cost me about $4.

I use to drink a lot - stupid amount. Probably a bottle of wine a night then at least 3-4 bottles over the weekend with beer and vodka on top of that.

I then realized that fat, drunk, and irresponsible was no way to go through life and raise a family so I got into shape and cleaned up my act. I'll still tie one on every now and then and amazing enough I still have a great tolerance.

So to answer your question - a few beers or glasses of wine every few weeks unless I head out with friends then I'll probably put away about 8-12 for the evening then be worthless the following day.

Funny you mention the tolerance thing.

I tried drinking moderately about 4 months ago and found that it still took just as much to get drunk and finally bailed on that experiment. Used to take a half dozen triple vodkas and a splash of 7 with a few ice cubes in a 16 ounce cup and still does. Thanks Dad for your tolerance. He was the same way!

I have a beer about 2 or 3 times a year, usually if it's something out of the ordinary that I haven't tried before.

Other than that, nothing. I hate hangovers, and I get them very easily.

I drink once a week to the point where I will catch a buzz. maybe twice. It depends. Its always fri-sat or sun. Sundays if my wife has the kids and I have free reign to watch the games ill get pretty lit up. i work on weekends a lot though. Its mostly beer I drink. I dont usually get hammered that often. A few times over the summer I did but for the most part I just catch a nice buzz. Booze blends nice with vicodin :wacko:

catching a buzz= what 14 vodkee tonics???

as much as I love vics, drinking on them can turn ugly in a hurry

Depends on my mood.....

Mainly a Rum or Wine drinker, Rarely drink beer. I can go for months without anything and then bam, I get the urge for a nice dark rum on the rocks, maybe a cigar. Or a bottle of Reisling (I usually drink the whole bottle once I open one)

I don't drink. I never acquired a taste for beer, and I've found that, with most alcohol, I skip the buzz and go straight to the feeling-like-crap part. Last time I got wasted was in college about 18 years ago. The plus side is that I have a super-low tolerance, so if I ever really wanted to get wasted it would cost me about $4.

You're very good at watching other people drink. :wacko:

I usually drink 2-3 times a week with my buddies. Beers, shots...the works. We throw down like we did back in high school/college. I used to drink more frequently when my buddies owned their bar. Part of me is glad they sold it. I don't keep much alcohol around the house, which seems strange since I drink as much as I do.

Love trying different beers . . have one or two a day, 2-3 times a week.

Also usually open a bottle of wine once a week with the missus.

rarely drink hard liquor at all. Limited to bloody marys when tailgating before Packer games and rare occasions with friends I'll have some good Irish Whiskey with a splash of water and a few ice cubes.

Never really get hangovers or get really drunk . . . . stopped that crap awhile ago when I blacked out at an event and had my antics for the rest of the night relayed back to me the next day. :wacko:

I drink rarely.

WCOFF is the exception, as that is my one main weekend a year where I get away and blow off a lot of steam, and that mens beers and mixed drinks with you all (though not near as much as two years ago)

Other than that, the occassional birthday party, poker game or a glass of wine with a nice dinner.

I try not to drink in front of my kids, maybe a beer in the rare event I do at a social event with them there.

All told (WCOFF excepted), it probably averages out to 2 drinks a month.

Now, that said, I do keep my house fully stocked so that any guest can get pretty much anything they want. problem is keeping appropriate mixers on hand. But, in addition to beers in the garage fridge (usually Corona and Stella Artois), I'll have Jack (sometimes all 3 main types - regular, gentleman and single barrel), Tequila (Cuervo for margaritas and nicer stuff for sipping/shots), Vodka (Absolut mainly, though have some Grey Goose in freezer), Gin, Captain Morgan and Bacardi. Also have a real nice bottle of Glen Livet that only comes out for special occassions.