[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What Movies Get You Everytime

Menudo

I was just flipping around the TV, and Encore had an old movie from the 80's called "Without A Trace" I've seen it several times, but, not in a while. I watched the last 30 minutes, and had the lump in my throat and tears in my eyes that always comes along with watching the end of this movie. The only other movie that I can remember having that kind of effect on me was "Old Yeller", but, I haven't seen that since I was a kid.

There are other movies that give me the Chills / Lump in throat every single time I see them:

Rudy (When he finally gets into Notre Dame, Janitor Speech, Ending)

Rocky, Rocky II, Rocky IV (Endings)

Field Of Dreams (The father-son scene at the end)

Braveheart (Main Battle Scene speech & the end "Freedom")

Good Will Hunting (Affleck's speech to Damon)

There are several others, but, those are the first ones that came to mind.

So, what movies get you every time ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only watched it once, and won't put myself through that again. Good call.

Then don't watch "Hachi" starring Richard Gere...it's like Marley and Me on steroids. The SO was still crying the next day. One of the toughest movies to watch. It just tears your heart out and rips it to shreds. But an awesome movie nevertheless IMO.

For me, it's Spock's funeral in Star Trek II, of course.

Marley and Me. F*cking kills me.

Of the more recent movies this one is definitely the first to come to mind. I still get a lump in my throat when I watch Old Yeller too. My wife cries at almost anything, but I don't typically get that emotionally involved in a movies. There are probably 4 or 5 that get me, but for the life of me I can't remember any of the others right now.

ETA: Brian's Song, The Natural, The Champ, Cinderella Man, Schindler's List, and The Passion of the Christ

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Then don't watch "Hachi" starring Richard Gere...it's like Marley and Me on steroids. The SO was still crying the next day. One of the toughest movies to watch. It just tears your heart out and rips it to shreds. But an awesome movie nevertheless IMO.

For me, it's Spock's funeral in Star Trek II, of course.

I watched the preview for that movie and got a little choked up. No way am I watching that one.

Saving Private Ryan. Man, too many moments to list.

Good Will Hunting, but it's the scene where Damon looks the chick right in the eyes and cold as ice says "I don't love you", that gets me. But there a few moments in that movie for me.

dirty dozen:

Sam Baldwin: Jim Brown was throwing these hand grenades down these airshafts. And Richard Jaeckel and Lee Marvin

[begins to cry]

Sam Baldwin: were sitting on top of this armored personnel carrier, dressed up like Nazis...

Greg: [Crying too] Stop, stop!

Sam Baldwin: And Trini Lopez...

Greg: Yes, Trini Lopez!

Sam Baldwin: He busted his neck while they were parachuting down behind the Nazi lines...

Greg: Stop.

Sam Baldwin: And Richard Jaeckel - at the beginning he had on this shiny helmet...

Greg: [Crying harder] Please no more. Oh God! I loved that movie.

These get me EVERY time....

Already mentioned:

Braveheart

Saving Private Ryan

Schindler's List

Brian's Song

Not already mentioned:

Ghost

The Green Mile

Gladiator

The Sixth Sense

Forrest Gump