[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Got some terrible news this morning

Gopher

:wacko: One of my best friends, former college roommate, and groomsman in my wedding emailed me this morning, with some really bad news about his dad. They all live in the Twin Cities, and John (his dad) was apparently shoveling snow off of his roof yesterday, when he fell. Not sure if he was home alone, or what, because it sounds like there is some speculation as to what happened. Either way, it sounds like nobody saw/heard exactly what happened, but it was apparent that he fell off the roof. He immediately went in for emergency surgery to try to repair multiple skull fractures, but there was very little success. Doctors then attempted to administer various meds, throughout the night, to decrease the intracranial hemorrhaging. Unfortunately, it sounds like this was also mostly unsuccessful. My buddy (Brant), his brother, and their mom stayed with John through the night, but it sounds like the outcome is very bleak at this point.

I'm sort of in shock right now... What a horrible way to spend Christmas Eve/Day. I know the family well, even though I haven't seen them all that often, over the past few years, mainly due to me living in CA and them all being in MN. Brant and his dad were very close... They have refereed high school basketball together for several years. I can't imagine how tough this is for the family, on Christmas Day no less. Your thoughts, prayers, and general good vibes would be greatly appreciated.