[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prayer Request

Menudo

I'm truly a believer in the power of prayer. My mother was diagnosed several years ago with a rare lung disease called Alpha One Antitrypsin Deficiency. She had it all her life and didn't know it. However, as she has been aging (she is 62), her condition seems to be getting worse. Every time she gets any kind of cold, it usually turns into bronchitis and she ends up in the hospital because her oxygen levels drop to dangerous levels. It has gone from an occasional hospital visit, to an every other month visit, to what now seems like an every other week visit. She is on oxygen 90% of the time, and she now gets short of breath when she walks anywhere. I was up to visit this weekend and she showed me how her legs were retaining fluid, which she said was from her medication. I immediately had flashbacks to my Dad, who would retain fluid when he was having heart issues. Well, today, my fears were realized. My mom went to the hospital again last night with low oxygen levels and because she was retaining so much fluid. They said that she had some congestive heart failure. This is bringing back flashbacks of what I went through with my Father and has me scared to death right now. I've lost my Grandfather, My Dad & My Grandmother, all in the last five years. My mother is the most caring & selfless person I've ever known. Her two parents are alive, but, they are in their mid-80's so their time is likely running short, and I'm starting to worry that it will soon be only me and my sister, and that thought saddens me more than I could ever describe. I may be over-reacting, but, the words congestive heart failure were exactly what I didn't want to hear. Any prayers, positive vibes etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Menudo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic