[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A little prayer/best wishes request...

rocknrobn26

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ty Scoob. Greatly appreciated. She got sick again :tup: , but they gave her dilaudid into the IV. Just talked w/ her she sounds sick but she said the pain was better. :lol::rofl:

Hopefully better news tomorrow.

IV Dilaudid is good stuff! The nausea should be alot better tomorrow. Glad to see she made it through the operation okay!! :wacko:

IV Dilaudid is good stuff! The nausea should be alot better tomorrow. Glad to see she made it through the operation okay!! :rofl:

Thanks and Spot on Doc. She got sick twice last nite but today she's been fine but still queasy. Her color is sooo much better. No surprise when she was a kid she had to have the window seat in the car. Plus our first BIG date was to Riverview (you remember that place, don't you?) and after I dragged her on 6 roller coaster rides she lost it in the middle of the midway! She married me anyway. :bow:

Is there a reason that they don't use or don't like using the Morphine blaster any more? :tup:

oh and that finagrin helped with nausea tremendously, hope she is feeling better today:) Take care

Read above...she is. She's not on finagrin, but I think it's something like it. Thanks for the thoughts.

Funny story... She has the "six pack cooler" next to the bed. Wasn't sure what is was or was for. My SIL who is a nurse told me it's a machine to circulate cold water to keep the inflammation down. Then the nurse tells me we can take it home! :lol: But I measured it and you can't fit a bottle of scotch in it! DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko::yay:

Again thanks all. :rofl: The mojo is still workin'!

I remember when I had my knee reconstruction I had a bad reaction to the anesthetic, which was nausea for a good 24 hours. Sounds like the same deal. I'm going to have to do it again soon as it's torn again.

More prayers and positive mojo coming her way. :wacko:

Thanks and Spot on Doc. She got sick twice last nite but today she's been fine but still queasy. Her color is sooo much better. No surprise when she was a kid she had to have the window seat in the car. Plus our first BIG date was to Riverview (you remember that place, don't you?) and after I dragged her on 6 roller coaster rides she lost it in the middle of the midway! She married me anyway. :tup:

Is there a reason that they don't use or don't like using the Morphine blaster any more? :wacko:

I remember Riverview very well! That was where I first rode a big-time roller coaster!!

Morphine has fallen out of favor a little. Meds like Dilaudid have been shown to be better pain killers and have fewer side-effects (like nausea and vomiting). I still use Morphine for some of my patients if I have no other choice.

Thanks Doc.

Riverview was tits! I loved that place. ENJOY the memories....

She's on Cumadin, Norco, and Celebrex. She has a prescription for Oxycontin, but we're holding that back unless she needs it.

I picked her up this morning and she's doing the stairs pretty well, but I know the road to total recovery is a long one.

Thanks again all for the prayers and best wishes. They helped a lot! :wacko:

Edited by rocknrobn26

Update: :wacko:

Her surgery went well and although she thought the swelling and discoloration was bad, the PT convinced her all w/ that is fine.

Her biggest problem is she can't keep any food down since Sunday. They gave her some meds today for that. Hopefully they'll work.

Please keep the prayers and best wishes coming. My sweetie is really hurting.

Late in coming, but best wishes and prayers on their way RR. My mother in law had both knees replaced a couple years ago. Stick with the PT and Mrs. RR will come through just fine.

You didn't slip her any of your Totino's by any chance, did you? :wacko:

:wacko: Sorry to read she's having problems again with this. I don't think the anesthetic agents are the problem this time. Sometimes the pain pills can do this. Hopefully the antinausea meds will help.

She's still in my prayers.

Gosh...what a catch-22. Hang in there Carol! Find just one something you can handle. Plain bread, broth, ginger ale, saltines, plain baked potato...anything. Anything that will break the cycle. Hope the meds today help it subside hun!

Love you both!

Late in coming, but best wishes and prayers on their way RR. My mother in law had both knees replaced a couple years ago. Stick with the PT and Mrs. RR will come through just fine.

You didn't slip her any of your Totino's by any chance, did you? :lol:

:wacko::tup: Now that is funny! :rofl: Good one SN!

No I did not! Chit...the dog turned her nose up at it.

:bow: Sorry to read she's having problems again with this. I don't think the anesthetic agents are the problem this time. Sometimes the pain pills can do this. Hopefully the antinausea meds will help.

She's still in my prayers.

Thanks for the prayers. It's definitely the Norco. They gave her a nausea med and then she took a new pain med called Tramadol (sp). Plus they put her on a 'BRAT' diet. I'm sure you know what that is. Anyway she seems better w/ the BRAT diet. She's talking on the phone as I type. So that's good.

Her major complaint, nausea aside, is that he knee doesn't feel like it's a part of her and the swelling. Her PT Julie said "It's like having a crown, it takes months to feel normal." That advice is spot on.

Side bar to Ursa....She's a Brit and lived 45 miles south of London. When I talk to her it sounds like you (well sorta)! :rofl: GREAT Lady!

Anyway....Thanks to all of you for putting up w/ me. I hope I'm not boring too many of you, but my wife IS my soulmate. When she hurts I hurt, and maybe more. I need this place as a vent.

Huddle mojo works. Keep 'em coming! :yay: