[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thanksgiving thread!

Boilerduff

Not a whole lot to be thankful for this year other than my health, job and kids (just wish I could be with them all the time) but I guess in the end that's plenty. Anyhow, Happy Turkey Day to all my fellow Huddlers. Enjoy the food, football and mostly family and friends!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy turkey day! To some of the old timers here, remember the post years ago by the Great Spain about the "Post Turkey Day Dump"? Classic......let's see how good Big John is on that one! :wacko:

i SUBMIT it taking only 4 hours for him to respond AND find that thread. He's a hawk...with gigantic claws.

Not a whole lot to be thankful for this year other than my health, job and kids (just wish I could be with them all the time) but I guess in the end that's plenty. Anyhow, Happy Turkey Day to all my fellow Huddlers. Enjoy the food, football and mostly family and friends!

In most cases, that's all you need. Wish you well and don't overdose on the turkey stuffing.

Happy turkey day! To some of the old timers here, remember the post years ago by the Great Spain about the "Post Turkey Day Dump"? Classic......let's see how good Big John is on that one! :rofl:

i SUBMIT it taking only 4 hours for him to respond AND find that thread. He's a hawk...with gigantic claws.

Thread is gone :wacko:

And nothing to be thankful for this year :tup::lol:

Thread is gone :wacko:

And nothing to be thankful for this year :tup::lol:

John, sometimes you take what loos like a lemon and make lemonade. My family is spread out and somewhat fragmented too.

Solution? I'm cooking a turkey made with the stuffing that IIII like. And the gravy will have mushrooms. And there won't be anyone to whine about it. Me, my turkey breast annd a full day of football with no grief, just great food, me, the TV and football.

There is always something to be thankfull for, it's just harder to find sometimes. Hnag in there bro. It will get better, but maybe not as soon as we would like.

Happy T bird day all.

And nothing to be thankful for this year :wacko::tup:

Nothing? You're alive...and assuming good health and relative comfort, I disagree. Millions of people on this planet would kills to be in your position. Don't get me wrong, sorry for whatever hard times you're having though. Hope tomorrow is as good as possible.

I wish the most fantastic turkey day on this planets history to Big John. Wether that be a medically induced coma turkey fest or a Turkey samich from your local pizzareia....doesn't matter. Hope you are well and still kicking come tomorrow. Keep in mind though that I play you week 13. :wacko:

Edited by tazinib1

Supposed ta hit 60 degrees taday :lol: i'm thankful i don't live next to Hat Trick and can stand in my brackyard without arrows buzzin me :tup: Holy Roller is another one shot one kill that's out there add CD and Muck and that area is a kill zone of ammo,arrows, beer and bullchit, actually sounds fun :wacko:

You have an on-line family here at the Huddle that loves and appreciates you, BJ. That's something to be thankful for!!! :tup:

exactly--although I might suggest that BJ took a look at all of us and then thoughtfully considered what he wanted to say before he made his post :wacko:

Edited by wiegie

cmon big guy. You're loved here....job or no job, you have a place in our hearts. Or at leat mine. Love ya buddy...eat lots of PIE!!!

I am thankful I got to meet you in person Big John!!

John, sometimes you take what loos like a lemon and make lemonade. My family is spread out and somewhat fragmented too.

Solution? I'm cooking a turkey made with the stuffing that IIII like. And the gravy will have mushrooms. And there won't be anyone to whine about it. Me, my turkey breast annd a full day of football with no grief, just great food, me, the TV and football.

There is always something to be thankfull for, it's just harder to find sometimes. Hnag in there bro. It will get better, but maybe not as soon as we would like.

Happy T bird day all.

There's been a lot of days in my life where I felt like this. But I've gotta tell you Big John, there are people here that give a damn about you and are thankful you are around.

I know I am.

exactly--although I might suggest that BJ took a look at all of us and then thoughtfully considered what he wanted to say before he made his post :wacko:

Turkey is on the smoker working its way through 10 hours, we are on hour #3 now. House is clean, food prep or pre-prep mostly don. Booze is laid in. Family is coming which is always a mixed blessing. I have a roof over my head which has been paid off for several years. The cars are all working and so is the spare truck. The pets are healthy. Things are good.

I was not thankful that when I went to pour some vodka in my ice this morning for a bloody mary, I was out. Hmmmm.... :wacko:

John, at times - the personal challenges we face only strengthen our resolve. The character we build is most evident to others, not ourselves.

Your character and constitution is clear to me, you have a big heart, and are admired by many. :tup: