[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flacco: "I'm the best QB in the NFL"

Bronco Billy

I understand the point some are making about pro athletes all thinking they are the best. Needing to have confidence etc. But if was really asked "Do you think you're a top 5 QB?" Couldn't he have just said Yes? Instead of going on to say he thinks he's the best, when he's probably not even amongst the top 3-5 QBs in the league.

It just seems arrogant, and silly since he's obviously got an inflated view of himself. I really don't see the problem with recognizing ones faults, admitting that there is somebody better at what you do than you (unless you really are THE BEST). But I guess that is considered naive by many people, since pro athletes are generally egomaniacs and expected to think they are the best. God forbid their teammates lose some confidence in them (I suspect most Ravens players already KNOW that Flacco is not the best).

• 9 months later...

And like Manning before him Flacci stakes out his position and delivers. He actually delivered earlier than this week and good for him. Anyone going to eat crow here? Probably not no surprise.

I didn't post in this thread, but, I'll eat some crow. I honestly didn't think Flacco had what it takes to win the big one. He proved me wrong today. He played a great game, and definitely goes up a notch in my book. Even as a Steelers fan, I'm happy for Flacco and several of the other Ravens. The rivalry brings disdain, but, it also brings respect. If it weren't for Ray Lewis, I wouldn't be as annoyed as I am right now.

I just wasn't sure that's what you meant by the way you worded that. Very confusing.

Ah, yes, I just re-read and see where it could be confusing. Sorry, it's been a rough night for this Steelers fan. ;)

What I meant was, I'm happy for several Ravens, but, I'm not happy for Ray Lewis because he is a d-bag.

Edited by Menudo

And like Manning before him Flacci stakes out his position and delivers. He actually delivered earlier than this week and good for him. Anyone going to eat crow here? Probably not no surprise.

He's still far from the greteast QB in the NFL. What should people eat crow over?

No, there's a huge difference between believing you belong in the conversation and claiming that you are on top. And no, he hasn't delivered on his absurd assertion. He's a couple of years from doing that, minimum.

Edited by flemingd
  • Like 1

He had a tremendous playoff run and finished it off with a SB MVP. He put a stamp on his career for sure. All the other stuff is just nonsense

He's still far from the greteast QB in the NFL. What should people eat crow over?

"Inflated view of himself" "arrogant" - dude delivered and you'd rather play semantics than give the guy credit: if you want to talk about the best QBs in the game he makes the short list in that discussion.

As I said, no surprise.

i knew this was gonna happen. Pope comes running to a thread he was right on. Wow....way to contribute to a thread and call somebody out WAaaaaaY AFTER the post was made. MaN..YOu my friend, are genius.

And I would LOVE...LOOOOOVE to see your short list.

Edited by tazinib1

I wonder how many people actually have heard the interview when Flacco was asked about being elite and heard his answer...I'm not really sure what else you expect a guy to say there...if a player doesn't believe in himself then who will?

• Like 1

I wonder how many people actually have heard the interview when Flacco was asked about being elite and heard his answer...I'm not really sure what else you expect a guy to say there...if a player doesn't believe in himself then who will?

I bet the Ravens front office is pist they did not negotiate a deal to lock him up long term.

"Inflated view of himself" "arrogant" - dude delivered and you'd rather play semantics than give the guy credit: if you want to talk about the best QBs in the game he makes the short list in that discussion.

As I said, no surprise.

How did he deliver? He said, direct from your article, "I don't think I'm top five, I think I'm the best." He didn't deliver that. He's not even in the conversation yet. He didn't will his team to win, he didn't pick them up and carry them, he didn't drive any daggers home. He probably shouldn't even have won MVP of the game. Take away two redonkulous plays by Jacoby Jones and they are calling Flacco the goat.

I'm no Flacco hater. I like the guy, I think he's ascending, but he's way, way behind the top tier/tier-and-a-half at QB. Brees, Brady, Rodgers, and Peyton are miles ahead. You can put Matt Ryan, Big Ben, and Eli a half-tier back, and make a case for a couple of others there too. Maybe you can put Flacco into that tier, but you cannot discuss him with the big boys just yet.

• Like 1