[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Goodbye Minnesota Vikings

Savage Beatings

That's exacty correct - unless I misinterpretted and the GOP is proposing to freeze taxes in the face of Dems lowering them. Of course, that's about as likely as the Vikings winning the Lombardi trophy. Not sure what you were reading, UM.

Shoe in for funniest post of the year!!!!!

You two biffs do know this is a Republican legislature, right? And it wasn't freezing, it was reducing business property tax to zero. Meanwile, mine went up 17% this year. On my first (and only) home.

You two biffs do know this is a Republican legislature, right? And it wasn't freezing, it was reducing business property tax to zero. Meanwile, mine went up 17% this year. On my first (and only) home.

Hey - all I was saying was what I thought Billy meant - I also laughed at Dems reducing taxes. I don't really give a rip about who the politicians are in Minn.

Nope. I just saw substantial derision about the concept of freezing taxes on businesses rather than increasing them. I didn't see any mention in reducing business property taxes to 0. So I responded only to what was written, and I don't really have much interest in following MIN state politics. We've got enough issues here in CO without going out of state to look for others' problems.

just go buy a cabin!! :tup:

@johnkriesel: The Capitol rotunda is filled with Vikings fans. The #Vikings ARE a cultural asset that we need to save. #voteyes t.co/GaItbsFi

@johnkriesel: Vikings fans are filling the house gallery too. The stadium bill will likely come up for debate in 3-4 hours and the place is already crazy.

Kevin Seifert ‏ @espn_nfcnblog

Gameday atmosphere. RT: @chipscoggins: Arrived at state Capitol 30 minutes ago and place was nuts.

Mary Lahammer ‏ @mlahammer

“@stribrooks: The lungs on these #Vikings fans! I'm in the basement and I can hear them chanting through three floors of marble & concrete"

@chipscoggins And I just found the tailgate outside the capital complete with a satellite dish attached to a beer keg.

Gameday atmosphere. RT: @chipscoggins: Arrived at state Capitol 30 minutes ago and place was nuts.

“@stribrooks: The lungs on these #Vikings fans! I'm in the basement and I can hear them chanting through three floors of marble & concrete"

@chipscoggins And I just found the tailgate outside the capital complete with a satellite dish attached to a beer keg.

That's pretty awesome. :lol:

@johnkriesel: The Capitol rotunda is filled with Vikings fans. The #Vikings ARE a cultural asset that we need to save. #voteyes t.co/GaItbsFi

@johnkriesel: Vikings fans are filling the house gallery too. The stadium bill will likely come up for debate in 3-4 hours and the place is already crazy.

Occupy wall street has moved to minny

Fortunate that a lot of Vikes' fans work night jobs across the river cleaning buildings.

Fortunate that a lot of Vikes' fans work night jobs across the river cleaning buildings.

And they keep having to do it over? :shades:

Bill got amended to make the Vikings pay more - Will Wilf stand for it as it was not part of the agreement

edit: Another amendment passes what would guarantee a Super Bowl be played there within 3 years of the stadium opening. I highly doubt that Goodell would agree to such a guarantee.

Edited by Big John

Bill got amended to make the Vikings pay more - Will Wilf stand for it as it was not part of the agreement

edit: Another amendment passes what would guarantee a Super Bowl be played there within 3 years of the stadium opening. I highly doubt that Goodell would agree to such a guarantee.

Keep in mind that this is just the House bill. The amendment that basically forces the Vikings to put in an additional $105 million is being called a deal killer, but is likely to not exist in the Senate version, and would most likely get dropped during reconciliation.

As of 4:30pm in the afternoon they still have something like 55 more amendments to consider (and possibly a lot more to come). Some people think they might be trying to stall the bill with a ton of amendments so that this can't pass before they legally have to adjourn.

Keep in mind that this is just the House bill. The amendment that basically forces the Vikings to put in an additional $105 million is being called a deal killer, but is likely to not exist in the Senate version, and would most likely get dropped during reconciliation.

As of 4:30pm in the afternoon they still have something like 55 more amendments to consider (and possibly a lot more to come). Some people think they might be trying to stall the bill with a ton of amendments so that this can't pass before they legally have to adjourn.

We are so proud of our legislature :tdown:

They are probably just pumping in crowd noise off of some speakers.

Christian Ponder ‏ @ cponder7

Lunch then going with @ brian_robison @ jasully65 and @ KyleRudolph82 to get us a new stadium!

Robison. That's the cowardly nut kicker, isn't it? Since that was the Vikings most highlight worthy play last year I presume he has quite a following. He ought to be able to sway some votes.

Actually the downtown there has a good share of amenities. They could do it, but I agree, Goodell might not tolerate any more cold weather Superbowls or the flood gates would be open to the Bills, Steelers, Pats, Browns, Chicago, Seattle and Packers wanting one.