[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Movies Where The Audience Applauded At The End

Chargerz

A post in the Avengers thread referred to the audience applauding at the end of that flick.

I remember people applauding at the end of "Saving Private Ryan".

Anybody got another one?

A post in the Avengers thread referred to the audience applauding at the end of that flick.

Anybody got another one?

Hmmm...I remember dead silence at the end of SPR. Everyone was pretty much awestruck at what they had just seen...

That said, I really don't like it when people applaude at the end of a movie.

Anybody got another one?

Star Wars

Same here. probably the only two movies I've seen this happen. A lot of tears after SPR as well.

On another note, one of the craziest experiences I've ever had in a theater was going to see Harlem Nights on opening night. :ninja:

Independence Day

I didn't see Flight 93 in a theatre, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was applause at the end. (Well unless of course you're a 9/11 Goverment conspiracy theorist and then you probably booed or protested the film.)

Most audience applause I can remember: The first Karate Kid movie

Least audience applause (or any other noise): The Passion of the Christ (theater was completely silent from the first minute until after it was over - nobody even ate a snack)

The Right Stuff

I still don't understand applauding after a movie. It's a freaking movie, the actors producers, and directors can't hear your applause.

The Right Stuff

I still don't understand applauding after a movie. It's a freaking movie, the actors producers, and directors can't hear your applause.

So you don't cheer, yell or scream while watching sports on TV? The players are not there to hear you, so why bother?

I've heard passengers applaud when a particularly rough (long or delayed) flight lands, and I'm pretty sure the pilot can't hear that.

Its simply a human reaction, especially in large crowds, to make their feelings known.

I applaud the projectionist if the reel changes were really tight. And I usually tip at least 20% of the ticket price.

• Like 1

True story, I saw Erin Brockovich in the theater, and the boom mic was visible in every shot. And not a small bit of it either, the whole mic and the boom as well, and it moved around with the actors. Distracting as hell. I guess the projectionist is supposed to do something to block that out?

I applaud the projectionist if the reel changes were really tight. And I usually tip at least 20% of the ticket price.

:lol:

I got a kick out of the degree to which each and every person in the theater laughed in disbelief during the trailer of Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter.

True story, I saw Erin Brockovich in the theater, and the boom mic was visible in every shot. And not a small bit of it either, the whole mic and the boom as well, and it moved around with the actors. Distracting as hell. I guess the projectionist is supposed to do something to block that out?

Taz was the operator... nuff said.

Hmmm...I remember dead silence at the end of SPR. Everyone was pretty much awestruck at what they had just seen...

I went by myself to see a matinee showing of that movie. There were about 15-20 other people in the theater, all of them part of the "greatest generation". One guy about three rows behind me quietly sobbed through much of the movie while his wife tried to console him. No one else in theater said a word throughout the movie or when leaving. On my drive back home from the theater, I kept thinking about the man who was sobbing until I finally lost it and cried until I got home.

I went by myself to see a matinee showing of that movie. There were about 15-20 other people in the theater, all of them part of the "greatest generation". One guy about three rows behind me quietly sobbed through much of the movie while his wife tried to console him. No one else in theater said a word throughout the movie or when leaving. On my drive back home from the theater, I kept thinking about the man who was sobbing until I finally lost it and cried until I got home.

This.

That was a very powerful movie. I remember when my father bought the video and was watching, mom was in the kitchen doing something and wanted no part of watching it. They both went through WWII, fighting and living in Europe during that time and had gone through some very tough times. I don't recall Dad breaking down and crying, but I know it touched him anyway.

The opening scene was almost too much compared to earlier war movies that depicted things so cleanly.