[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What did yer Grandpa do for work

nuke'em ttg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maternal -- Lost his leg in WWII, then worked as a security guard for DuPont. After he retired he learned stained glass, got really good at it and made windows for rich peoples' houses.

Paternal -- No idea

mom's dad: infantry in the pacific theater, then worked 30-some years for the post office

dad's dad: navy during Korea on a minesweeper, then a machinist at various manufacturing plants (Planters peanuts, can line at Coors). last 10 years before retirement he worked for Aramco in Saudi Arabia.

stepdad's dad: piloted B-24's over Europe, then owned his own sheet metal business.

good topic :tup:

Paternal - worked at Honeywell (I have his 25 year anniversary watch from there)

Maternal - I think he was a logger up in Alaska for a while

Interesting... both of my sets of Grandparents only had one child. So since my Mom and My Dad were both only children, that means I don't have any Uncles, Aunts, or 1st Cousins. That's odd for Catholic families from that generation.

Edited by Savage Beatings

Paternal - pumped gas as a kid, worked with his father as a sharecropper and handyman as a kid. When he got back from WWII he decided he was worth more than the 50 cent an hour he was being offered to manage construction projects, so he started his own construction company. He had no help from the government in doing so.

Maternal - worked in his father's general store as a kid, was a teacher and school administrator as an adult. Got tired of the school politics and was in the process of starting his own business in his early 40's when he died of a massive heart attack.

Maternal: After returning from WWI Gettysburg he was a house painter in Portland, OR.

Paternal: Superintendent of Masland Carpet in Carlisle, PA.

:)