[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mystery Huddler?

irish

Either way I don't get why some people need to piss and moan in this thread when Irish is trying to do something for the benefit of the community, to have some fun and rekindle a portion of the interest that was here before?

I don't see a whole lot pissing & moaning. :shrug: A few people have offered suggestions and several have basically said "more power to him." I think the basic sentiment is telling him not expect it to get to the level it was before because of the way the board is now..

• Like 1

I don't see a whole lot pissing & moaning. :shrug: A few people have offered suggestions and several have basically said "more power to him." I think the basic sentiment is telling him not expect it to get to the level it was before because of the way the board is now..

I'd agree. There are a couple poking some fun but that's to be expected. I knew bringing this back would be a rough task and that it could never be the same as it was before as we are missing some entertaining characters. However, if those old-schoolers that are left get involved like they have in the past, Mystery Huddler can still be a lot of fun. And we have 4 people offering themselves up for some good ol' fashioned torture, so it could really unfold nicely.

Is it going to be the same? Of course not. But, undoubtedly, if nothing else, it will at the very least stir up some activity in the tailgate, so what's the problem? If you're not a fan, don't read it.

From what I recall, the old MH threads consisted of some pics, a lot of merciless ribbing, and some clues. At some point (usually around the time in which the MH's homer team was compromised), the identity was revealed. I don't see why that couldn't be accomplished (at least in some form similar to the original) now.

At the very least, this thread has generated some posting in the TG, including posts from some who aren't around all that much anymore.

For what it's worth, I'm slightly inebriated right now, so if my post doesn't make sense, feel free to screw off. ;)

by the way what is tg? maybe we should combine the two if boards are slow. Althought I do like skimming the boards to see what is up in football?

TG = The Tailgate. For non-sports related material.

But MH has always been in the football forum in the off-season.

• Like 1

Well I guess I'm misunderstanding some posts then, seem like more than few basically saying 'why bother, it won't be the same or any fun.'

Well I guess I'm misunderstanding some posts then, seem like more than few basically saying 'why bother, it won't be the same or any fun.'

i am not trying to deter him from running it. i was attempting to point out that there is a strong chance that this will be very watered down vs how MH originated and why. a big part of the fun was knowing the participants, and knowing board members well enough to make reasonable guesses.

kind of like this.......

And the biggest point of all is that people just don't socialize here like the heyday of the Tailgate. There are very few people really well known. Tips regarding most people's personal lives, their political leanings, their drink of choice, what sports their kids are famous for, how often the play golf - that stuff doesn't happen any more. I'm worried all of the tips would be about nameless faceless facts about the person from their posting history,and that kind of defeats the purpose. I hope it works, but I'm wondering how.

Edited by Bier Meister

You guys sound like your in an old folks home. Yeah it won't be the same ... Get over it. When you get a divorce do you just hang up the cleats cause it will "never be the same"? Well boo freak'n woo. I'm sure the new blood here and a few elders will enjoy it...as for the rest you Debbie Downers, go oil your wheel chair or take up a hobby like crochette.

Edited by tazinib1
  • Like 4

You guys sound like your in an old folks home. Yeah it won't be the same ... Get over it. When you get a divorce do you just hang up the cleats cause it will "never be the same"? Well boo freak'n woo. I'm sure the new blood here and a few elders will enjoy it...as for the rest you Debbie Downers, go oil your wheel chair or take up a hobby like crochette.

i don't know. i haven't been divorced. tell me more about it. do you need a little extra attention and have a thread to run through nekked?

The issue is that Bier, along with some others, is one of the Huddlers from the original crew and, of course, loved the way the original Mystery Huddler was run. I'm sure this is two-fold for him, he doesn't want to see it any other way and because of that, maybe part of him doesn't want to see it run at all.

Many of the original crew might be bitter about how things went down and how people got banned from here which absolutely changed the dynamics. So, they don't want to see things move in a positive direction here and may want to see this place fail.

I came into this place and took my lumps but really enjoyed the people here and the fun things they did. Mystery Huddler was one of those things. I'm not an idiot, I know it can't possibly be the same as it was and I don't need anyone to tell me that, it's obvious. However, I'll do my best to resurrect something I really thought was fun and if it works well, great. I hope others enjoy it as much as I did and it becomes a staple here again. If it doesn't, I'll just move the hell on. No skin off my teeth. Mystery Huddler started somewhere and grew each year. Why can't it again?

Edited by irish
  • Like 1

i don't know. i haven't been divorced. tell me more about it. do you need a little extra attention and have a thread to run through nekked?

I've been divorced and lost a ton of people I loved and I just had to move the hell on. It's okay Bier. I'm gonna run Mystery Huddler with minimal expectation and having you and others (new and old) take part as you have in the past to bust, ridicule, make funny comments about the pics, etc. would be great. My main goal is for people to have fun and laugh a little, while we get to know some of our fellow Huddlers a bit more here in the off-season. I'm not intending on losing my house and car if this version flops. And for those very few mocking the idea, go right ahead.

Edited by irish

This.

The issue is that Bier, along with some others, is one of the Huddlers from the original crew and, of course, loved the way the original Mystery Huddler was run. yes I'm sure this is two-fold for him, he doesn't want to see it any other way and because of that, maybe part of him doesn't want to see it run at all. no. i have no problem with this coming back. i would be interested in your ideas on how to change it to adapt to the "new" huddle to make it more effective

Many of the original crew might be bitter about how things went down and how people got banned from here which absolutely changed the dynamics. yes So, they don't want to see things move in a positive direction here and may want to see this place fail. indifferent

I came into this place and took my lumps but really enjoyed the people here and the fun things they did. Mystery Huddler was one of those things. I'm not an idiot, I know it can't possibly be the same as it was and I don't need anyone to tell me that, it's obvious. the obvious has been lost on you in the past. i was pointing out some of the obstacles. However, I'll do my best to resurrect something I really thought was fun and if it works well, great. I hope others enjoy it as much as I did and it becomes a staple here again. If it doesn't, I'll just move the hell on. No skin off my teeth. Mystery Huddler started somewhere and grew each year. Why can't it again?

"TURN OFF THAT DEVIL MUSIC" -- Bier listening to Elvis playing in the background

the new guys do not know what they missed here at the huddle. you should know better. you saw some of it.

edit: for example- we are very close to the start of the NFCCG and there are 9 people in this forum. we used to get 40+ in the chat room.

Edited by Bier Meister

:sigh: I miss the old chat room. I don't think David has ever addressed the 10 person limit. Not sure if that is an upgrade issue or what, but it kinda sucks.

There are only two people in there right now.... :shrug:

Remember that time that Irish tried to hard to fit in ?

Irish: Rajn, I remember when you posted your mystery huddle pictures. I couldn't believe how much you looked like Ralph Macchio.

Big John: You weren't here.

Irish: Um, well, yeah, but, I saw it later.

:rofl: