[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings vs Saints (Christmas)

League_Champion

Man if you have Kamara in the finals, after only the first game of the week, you know you've already won your championship!  Incredible. What's the highest scoring game by any player ever?  He had to come close if not have the record altogether. 55.2 points.   I think I remember a player eclipsing 60 points. 

Edited by irish

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

He's putting on one heck of a show. He's carrying NO 

And every fantasy owner who owns him!

7 minutes ago, irish said:

Man if you have Kamara in the finals, after only the first game of the week, you know you've already won your championship!  Incredible. What's the highest scoring game by any player ever?  He had to come close if not have the record altogether. 55.2 points.   I think I remember a player eclipsing 60 points. 

Was only the 4th highest in the 27 years of my local. non ppr Clinton Portis had the most for rb, 63.4 pts. we do have 3 pt bonus for every 100 yds

Edited by BillyBalata

14 minutes ago, BillyBalata said:

Was only the 4th highest in the 17 years of my local. non ppr Clinton Portis had the most for rb, 63 pts

Yup, was gonna say I remember Portis having a big game. So did Jamal Charles and Shaun Alexander. Jerry Rice also had a huge game of 65.5 points (PPR, which probably was scored as standard back then) in 1990.

ETA - Corey Dillon also had a big game as well. 

Edited by irish

1 minute ago, millworkguy said:

At least I had thielen and cook against him, down 56 to 40 isn't as bad.

Yeah, not too bad, if he has a single player with a bad game and you get one to blow up, you could have a legit shot. 

Just now, irish said:

Yeah, not too bad, if he has a single player with a bad game and you get one to blow up, you could have a legit shot. 

Yeah, I got josh allen'd and david montgoneried  last week in 2 leagues.  It's my time to recover from these types of performances!

2 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

Yeah, I got josh allen'd and david montgoneried  last week in 2 leagues.  It's my time to recover from these types of performances!

Damn, that's a really rough go of it 2 weeks in a row. GL

14 minutes ago, irish said:

It all depends on your scoring, but on some cases Kamara ranks 2nd behind Portis.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/fantasy/news/most-fantasy-football-points-ever-in-a-game/1sjir1ap33j4f1xtqj2bgnn1t0

2 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

It all depends on your scoring, but on some cases Kamara ranks 2nd behind Portis.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/fantasy/news/most-fantasy-football-points-ever-in-a-game/1sjir1ap33j4f1xtqj2bgnn1t0

Right, PPR scoring, which mostly wasn't used back in the 90s would've yielded some big games. I noted one above for Jerry Rice in 1990, where he had 65.5 points. 

13 hours ago, irish said:

Yup, was gonna say I remember Portis having a big game. So did Jamal Charles and Shaun Alexander. Jerry Rice also had a huge game of 65.5 points (PPR, which probably was scored as standard back then) in 1990.

ETA - Corey Dillon also had a big game as well. 

12 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Standard it was Portis. PPR it was Rice.

ETA: Context is important here. Did any of those come in a fantasy championship game? In context, this might go down as the greatest performance.

Edited by Shaft
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, irish said:

Unless you started Brees as well.  I had Kamara in three of four leagues where I’m in the final.... 

Started both plus Jefferson in one.  Honestly, the total for all three was about what I expected.   I was the underdog going into today.  Now, I’m maybe slightly less of a dog.  Brees throwing no TD’s and two picks literally negated 3-4 of those Kamara scores.  

In another, I had Kamara and Cook.  Feeling pretty good there, but it’s certainly not over.  Cook had a below average game, all things considered, especially when you think about the fact that 85 points were scored today.  

Last one is a guillotine league where rosters locked at Week 13, and the other owner has only one TE (who happens to be Hunter Henry).  Having Kelce, my 56-0 lead from just Kamara feels like about 75-0.  I’m definitely most comfortable there, but I’ve been playing this long enough to know that stranger things have happened.  

In the fourth (no Kamara), I switched out Brees for Mayfield about a half hour before kickoff.  Then I switched back to Brees about five minutes before.  Kicking myself.... hope it doesn’t cost me the win, but it certainly could.  Ugh.  

Edited by Gopher

15 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Unless you started Brees as well.  I had Kamara in three of four leagues where I’m in the final.... 

Started both plus Jefferson in one.  Honestly, the total for all three was about what I expected.   I was the underdog going into today.  Now, I’m maybe slightly less of a dog.  Brees throwing no TD’s and two picks literally negated 3-4 of those Kamara scores.  

In another, I had Kamara and Cook.  Feeling pretty good there, but it’s certainly not over.  Cook had a below average game, all things considered, especially when you think about the fact that 85 points were scored today.  

Last one is a guillotine league where rosters locked at Week 13, and the other owner has only one TE (who happens to be Hunter Henry).  Having Kelce, my 56-0 lead from just Kamara feels like about 75-0.  I’m definitely most comfortable there, but I’ve been playing this long enough to know that stranger things have happened.  

In the fourth (no Kamara), I switched out Brees for Mayfield about a half hour before kickoff.  Then I switched back to Brees about five minutes before.  Kicking myself.... hope it doesn’t cost me the win, but it certainly could.  Ugh.  

Yup, that's for sure. Very strange things can happen. GL in all your leagues!