[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well this sucks (Michael Thomas news)

Dcat

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

The CDC has been wrong every step of the way. Who the hell knows if these vaccines are even safe? What happens 5-10 years from now? Nobody knows. So why would you clown anyone who doesn't want this thing in their body, especially a healthy young adult. 

Does anyone here have vaccine remorse? 

This is false. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, purplemonster said:

I do have an actual football question, what are the chances MT could be traded? 

Extremely doubtful IMO.  Nevermind the fact that I believe that the animosity is likely a lot less than what's being portrayed. Maybe MT didn't return a call or two and maybe the team is a bit frustrated with the injury,  but at the end of the day creating drama over the situation benefits no one. But on top of that, MT is coming off a year when he missed most of the season from injury and just had surgery putting him out for an extended period this season. Throw in his contract and I find it highly unlikely that the Saints could get any value for him even if they wanted to. It just doesn't really make much sense for anyone. 

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I do have an actual football question, what are the chances MT could be traded? 

Too much dead cap in his contract. Anything can be done in the NFL nothing is insurmountable but extremely unlikely. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Unless he demands a trade or they suck beyond belief. 

Michael Thomas doesn't want a trade and it most likely wouldn't be in his best interest to be traded either where he has no choice in what team he goes to. It's not like he's going to be traded to a Superbowl contender, nor will he likely be the piece that puts a team over the top. So, again, a trade doesn't really make any sense.

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

Michael Thomas doesn't want a trade and it most likely wouldn't be in his best interest to be traded either where he has no choice in what team he goes to. It's not like he's going to be traded to a Superbowl contender, nor will he likely be the piece that puts a team over the top. So, again, a trade doesn't really make any sense.

That's exactly what the Eagles thought with Carson Wentz. That dead cap hit is burying them this season. I agree that at this time it doesn't make sense but there's a lot of finger pointing right now and this could go South fast. 

10 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

That's exactly what the Eagles thought with Carson Wentz. That dead cap hit is burying them this season. I agree that at this time it doesn't make sense but there's a lot of finger pointing right now and this could go South fast. 

Or it could go like things went with Rodgers and the Packers. 

Okay, I gave the wrong numbers on the cost to trade Michael Thomas earlier. I was looking at pre-June 1st numbers. 

It's 8.9 against the cap this season and 22.7 next season.

Any trade can be done but this does complicate things. Ohhh...And he has a busted wheel.

On 8/9/2021 at 4:58 PM, rajncajn said:

I swear this crap changes on a daily basis almost. It wasn't very long ago the CDC was saying that the vaccine makes it unlikely that you will transmit it. Now they are saying just the opposite... And they wonder why people don't trust what they say.

He totally misquoted.. 90% of people in hospital on vents are unvaccinated....thats from CDC

JUST BELIEVE IN SCIENCE ONCE IN YOUR LIFE!!...LEAVE THE CONSPIRACY THEORIES TO THE RIGHT ...COMMON SENSE LEFT

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lions4ever said:

He totally misquoted.. 90% of people in hospital on vents are unvaccinated....thats from CDC

JUST BELIEVE IN SCIENCE ONCE IN YOUR LIFE!!...LEAVE THE CONSPIRACY THEORIES TO THE RIGHT ...COMMON SENSE LEFT

Neither what Opie said, nor what I said was a conspiracy theory. They are both absolute facts. The CDC was saying just a month ago that, if vaccinated, you are far less likely to spread Covid. Here are three articles from June & July from hardly what you would call right leaning publications:

Fauci: Vaccinated People Less Likely to Spread COVID If They Get It (businessinsider.com) (Note, I directly quoted Fauci above)

Fully vaccinated less likely to pass COVID-19 to others | OSF HealthCare

Study: Those Vaccinated Who Get COVID Carry Less Virus (webmd.com)

Now the CDC is saying just the opposite, that vaccinated people going about their everyday lives are likely transmitting the virus:

CDC Calls for Masks Again, Even If Vaccinated (webmd.com)

CDC walks back claim that vaccinated people can't carry COVID (nypost.com)

Yes, the vast majority of people in hospitals are unvaccinated, but that has absolutely nothing to do with what either of us said. Maybe read what people actually post sometime and educate yourself about what they are saying before you make ridiculous assumptions. Then maybe you can start to claim a little common sense.

• Thanks 1

Well since people cannot stop talking about COVID in this thread, I may as well comment again...

Yes the evidence told them their prior theory (based on evidence they had) about vaccinated people being unlikely to spread the virus was not true. Should they ignore that? They probably figured more than half of eligible Americans would get the vaccine, but since that isn't happening and the virus continues to linger and mutate we're going to keep dealing with a changing landscape. 

Even one of the linked articles above says "it is not clear" whether a vaccinated person can get it and spread it. But since that seems more likely now, they figure it is worth the extra precaution to wear masks. The WebMD article clearly talks about new evidence and needing to change the message. 

"Today we have new science related to the Delta variant that requires us to update the guidance on what you can do when you are fully vaccinated," CDC Director Rochelle Walensky, MD, said during a media briefing on Tuesday.

I keep hearing people talk about bulletproof (100%) immunity, which was clearly not the case when the vaccines were first approved. 

I'm not sure what people want who claim the government is misleading them and causing them question the need to be vaccinated, wear a mask or do anything but return to their lifestyle pre-pandemic (which many including myself and other "liberals" have mostly done).

Just don't believe everything they tell you like Bobby does. The "science" has been brutally wrong. Do what's best for you and your family. If you're a healthy young person it probably doesn't make much sense for you to go out and get vaccinated. Just take the necessary precautions. If you're older, overweight, a diabetic or have underlying health issues yes, go get vaccinated immediately. Sometimes it just takes a little common sense to. 

Edited by League_Champion

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

Just don't believe everything they tell you like Bobby does. The "science" has been brutally wrong. Do what's best for you and your family. If you're a healthy young person it probably doesn't make much sense for you to go out and get vaccinated. Just take the necessary precautions. If you're overweight, a diabetic or have underlying health issues yes, go get vaccinated immediately. Sometimes it just takes a little common sense to. 

Personally, I couldn't disagree with this more. My oldest kids are 17 and 20 and as soon they were eligible, I advised them getting vaccinated and they did. Going by that logic, we should just take seatbelts and air bags out of cars too because in rare cases they have been show to hurt or even kill people versus save their lives, like they do in a huge percentage of cases. But I get it, we all have the freedom to choose, some just don't choose well. Natural selection. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, irish said:

Personally, I couldn't disagree with this more. My oldest kids are 17 and 20 and as soon they were eligible, I advised them getting vaccinated and they did. Going by that logic, we should just take seatbelts and air bags out of cars too because in rare cases they have been show to hurt or even kill people versus save their lives, like they do in a huge percentage of cases. But I get it, we all have the freedom to choose, some just don't choose well. Natural selection. 

My brother in law was a volunteer fireman and claimed (at the time some 25+ years ago) that he'd never wear one because sometimes people get in wreck and cannot get them off and get trapped in the car. Uggh....some years later riding in my car I told him he needed to wear one, my car my rules. I ride a motorcycle and wear helmet and other safety gear as do others I ride with, would not be comfortable riding with people who disregarded those basic safety measures. 

We also have the freedom to choose to drink and drive, illegal but not easily preventable. We also expect people to stop at stop signs and red lights, not just drive right thru because "it might be safe".  Sometimes your personal freedoms are curtailed by the need to not harm others, like smoking in public places being prohibited in most places in the US. 

32 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Just don't believe everything they tell you like Bobby does. The "science" has been brutally wrong. Do what's best for you and your family. If you're a healthy young person it probably doesn't make much sense for you to go out and get vaccinated. Just take the necessary precautions. If you're older, overweight, a diabetic or have underlying health issues yes, go get vaccinated immediately. Sometimes it just takes a little common sense to. 

It's not the science that's wrong, it's the people with very poor understanding of how science really works and continue to use it to push an agenda who continue to be wrong. I personally feel that it makes sense to go get vaccinated and that's based on the science, but these people who are making the policies continually undermine that message.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Sometimes your personal freedoms are curtailed by the need to not harm others, like smoking in public places being prohibited in most places in the US. 

That's just the point. The CDC is now saying that even when vaccinated you can still carry and transmit Covid, so you may not be protecting others at all by getting the vaccine. Counterpoint is, you may have actually been worse than someone who is unvaccinated through a false sense of security and all based on what the CDC has told us and promoted in order to get more people vaccinated, followed by months a vaccine shaming by politicians, media and the vaccinated public. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Sometimes your personal freedoms are curtailed by the need to not harm others, like smoking in public places being prohibited in most places in the US. 

But Steve, the unvaccinated are not the superspreaders that your God (Fauci) has led you be to believe. Just because you're vaccinated doesn't mean you can't carry and spread Covid just like any non-vaccinated person. The vaccinated think they are Teflon because they had their 2 shots and no longer take any precautions to prevent spreading it to others. You are grossly wrong, stop blaming the unvaccinated. People like you are part of the problem. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Now why would you do that to perfectly healthy young adults? Those aren't the ones dying. 

Intelligence and good decision- making. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, irish said:

Intelligence and good decision- making. 

How? You put an untested emergency vaccine into young men that may loose their sense of taste for a few day? There's no long term data on these vaccines. We know nothing except they say it's safe. I have no problem putting it into my body,  but my perfectly healthy kids, hell no. Just my opinion. 

• Thanks 1