[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well this sucks (Michael Thomas news)

Dcat

On 7/31/2021 at 7:42 PM, 1fastdoc said:

This is my fault.  In my dynasty league I traded him away for Thielen a few years ago, at which point MT began dominating.  Then, I traded Evans away to get Thomas back for 2021.  So, my guess is now Evans will have his best year ever.

Good to know there is a rational reason behind all these injuries.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, millworkguy said:

No, this is where the conversation is about him. Not starting a new thread just to ask an opinion on something that I have a few minutes to decide on. 

I don't see the race to 1,000,000 posts as a ff issue l.

So you were expecting people to answer your question and give you help in minutes?  And then you attack a well respected Huddler like Big John when he does his job.  :nono:

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

So you were expecting people to answer your question and give you help in minutes?  And then you attack a well respected Huddler like Big John when he does his job.  :nono:

It's the off-season.  There are only a handful of members that post here regularly.  The Advice Forum doesn't see as much traffic, especially in the off-season.  I personally don't see much of an issue having that kind of question incorporated into the discussion that has already been going for several days.  It's pertinent and leads to more discussion.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, darin3 said:

It's the off-season.  There are only a handful of members that post here regularly.  The Advice Forum doesn't see as much traffic, especially in the off-season.  I personally don't see much of an issue having that kind of question incorporated into the discussion that has already been going for several days.  It's pertinent and leads to more discussion.  

You're welcome to that opinion, I disagree as does Big John who has been tasked with keeping some order here. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

You're welcome to that opinion, I disagree as does Big John who has been tasked with keeping some order here. 

With all due respect, to you and definitely to my good buddy Big John, he was tasked with that YEARS ago when there would be 300+ posts in this forum on a daily basis.

ANY discussion is great for this forum.  It's not like he started a "who should I start" thread.  He asked a question within an active thread that could certainly lead to further discussion.

Just my $0.02.  

Edit to Add:  we're talking about Derrick Henry and where he should be drafted.  Shouldn't that be moved to the Advice Forum?  :shrug:  

Edited by darin3

50 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I am in leagues with big john,  my point was he is posting in a thread that has nothing to do with fantasy football (in the fantasy football forum) then takes aim at me asking a question about the player in a thread about such player.  

Kind of ironic

29 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Who the hell cares where it's posted? Is that what you people are really worried about? It's not like there's a million people in here. 

LMAO...... When keeping it real goes wrong. I definitely missed your replies LC. I'm excited for this season and look forward to this forum

From profootballfocus.com

Report: Michael Thomas ignored calls from Saints’ coaches, trainer for three months

Michael David Smith
2 hours ago

Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas reportedly spent much of the offseason ignoring calls from the team checking in on the status of his ankle injury.

transparent-320x50.gif

Jeff Duncan of Nola.com reports that Thomas ignored multiple calls over a three-month period as then-Saints trainer Beau Lowery, wide receivers coach Curtis Johnson and head coach Sean Payton all tried to reach him to see how his ankle was doing.

Thomas was initially advised by the Saints’ medical staff to have the ankle surgery immediately after the Saints’ postseason came to an end, but after getting a second opinion he decided to try a more conservative approach and see if the ankle would heal without surgery. That didn’t work, and Thomas ultimately had the surgery in June. The recovery time from the surgery will cause Thomas to miss several games at the start of the season, and Payton said recently that Thomas should have had the surgery earlier.

If Thomas had stayed in touch with the team over the offseason, the determination that he needed the surgery might have been made earlier, and he might have recovered in time for the regular season. Instead, Thomas disappeared for much of the offseason, and now the Saints won’t have him to start the season. And it’s clear that the Saints aren’t happy about that.

On 8/7/2021 at 8:30 PM, purplemonster said:

19.2M per year, 60M guaranteed doesn't buy you responses to your text messages in the off season Bobby, that costs extra! 

Seems like he just didn't want to have that difficult conversation that he was going with another doctor's advice rather than the team doctor.