[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well this sucks (Michael Thomas news)

Dcat

25 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

How? You put an untested emergency vaccine into young men that may loose their sense of taste for a few day? There's no long term data on these vaccines. We know nothing except they say it's safe. I have no problem putting it into my body,  but my perfectly healthy kids, hell no. Just my opinion. 

Gotcha, and my opinion based on the scientific studies and people that know way more than you and me combined have said it's safe. I also have a neighbor who's involved intimately in the field and we've had extensive talks about moving forward with getting vaccinating. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, LordOpie said:

Zero studies were done. At least not according to proper scientific protocols, Procedures and data collection/analysis.

There absolutely have been studies done. The same for other vaccinations in the past, no, but studies have been done. 

• Confused 1

Articles of interest...

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210712/what-to-know-about-covid-delta-variant

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/pediatric-hcp.html

The facts are these, if you are not wearing a protective mask, practicing all the safety measures, you can spread covid and contract covid.  The unvaccinated more so than those who have had the vaccine.  However, those who are vaccinated can spread the virus.  We are seeing this with the Delta variant. Children who are 22% of the US population, are now 14.3% of all new cases of covid.  A year ago it was only 3% of all new cases.  Of the children who have covid and are hospitalized, 1-3 go to the ICU...which is the same as adults.

Opinion: Once schools start...there will be a hugh spike in children contracting the disease, and of those hospitalized, many will be in the ICU and unfortunately many of those will not make it.  No doubt, with all the infection now in this country a new variant will develop out of the US...most new variants are normally worse than the virus it came from...CDC is doing the best that they can disseminating correct information.  The problem is people's behavior.  The virus will find new hosts to propagate more infection, it's what it does, and if people don't want to behave in ways that could stop the spread, then the virus will continue to infect and spread and get worse.  Our hospitals will become overwhelmed, as they are right now, and the fatigue our doctors and nurses and medical field are experiencing, there will not be enough workers to help all those who need it.  We are experiencing that right here in Central Oregon and we are not a very big area...Urgent Care facilities are actually shutting down because they don't have the staff.  

Advise - PLEASE get vaccinated.  If not, then please follow the mitigating guidelines to not spread the virus or become infected.  It's on ALL of us to do whatever it takes to stop the spread.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, devilwoman said:

Articles of interest...

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210712/what-to-know-about-covid-delta-variant

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/pediatric-hcp.html

The facts are these, if you are not wearing a protective mask, practicing all the safety measures, you can spread covid and contract covid.  The unvaccinated more so than those who have had the vaccine.  However, those who are vaccinated can spread the virus.  We are seeing this with the Delta variant. Children who are 22% of the US population, are now 14.3% of all new cases of covid.  A year ago it was only 3% of all new cases.  Of the children who have covid and are hospitalized, 1-3 go to the ICU...which is the same as adults.

Opinion: Once schools start...there will be a hugh spike in children contracting the disease, and of those hospitalized, many will be in the ICU and unfortunately many of those will not make it.  No doubt, with all the infection now in this country a new variant will develop out of the US...most new variants are normally worse than the virus it came from...CDC is doing the best that they can disseminating correct information.  The problem is people's behavior.  The virus will find new hosts to propagate more infection, it's what it does, and if people don't want to behave in ways that could stop the spread, then the virus will continue to infect and spread and get worse.  Our hospitals will become overwhelmed, as they are right now, and the fatigue our doctors and nurses and medical field are experiencing, there will not be enough workers to help all those who need it.  We are experiencing that right here in Central Oregon and we are not a very big area...Urgent Care facilities are actually shutting down because they don't have the staff.  

Advise - PLEASE get vaccinated.  If not, then please follow the mitigating guidelines to not spread the virus or become infected.  It's on ALL of us to do whatever it takes to stop the spread.  

Very well said. I just can't understand why people won't get vaccinated. I know we have the freedom of choice. 

I actually started a thread on this topic in the tailgate so we can leave Michael Thomas alone. We should take it over there. 

2 hours ago, irish said:

Very well said. I just can't understand why people won't get vaccinated. I know we have the freedom of choice. 

I actually started a thread on this topic in the tailgate so we can leave Michael Thomas alone. We should take it over there. 

Sorry, yes you are correct...sorry Michael....

4 hours ago, irish said:

. I just can't understand why people won't get vaccinated. I know we have the freedom of choice. 

I get it, people don't want something in their body that has no track record. Some people worry about the long term hazards, I can't blame them. Who the hell knows what's going to happen in 5-10 years. I had Covid, got vaccinated and got Covid again. It was definitely worse the second time even though I was vaccinated. But getting vaccinated was my choice. I don't think it's fair to tell anyone what to do or put in their body. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Sources: Saints and star wideout Michael Thomas are working on their issues — not a trade (msn.com)

Despite a rocky few weeks of speculation that the New Orleans Saints and star wideout Michael Thomas could be headed for a trade, sources have told Yahoo Sports that Thomas and Saints head coach Sean Payton have had positive talks and are not seeking a split.

Two sources familiar with the talks said Payton and Thomas had a recent meeting to clear the air over two lingering issues: comments Payton made regarding his frustration over the offseason timing of Thomas’s ankle surgery; and a subsequent social media post from Thomas that suggested the wideout was now at odds with the team.

“They had a good talk about [the issues],” one source said. “I think they both believe it’s not anything that has to go any further than what is already out there. There was some frustration from both viewpoints and that was the point of the meeting.”

• 5 months later...
On 2/1/2022 at 10:58 AM, rajncajn said:

If there was ever any question...

Is there a new development?  I have no idea what the above means.  It'd be nice to have him back in my line up instead of permanently eating an IR slot

27 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

Is there a new development?  I have no idea what the above means.  It'd be nice to have him back in my line up instead of permanently eating an IR slot

I don't think there is any development, just two guys expressing their appreciation for each other at the time Payton was stepping away as coach. Not sure why some think its something that supports the earlier story of Thomas and the Saints working things out. 

1 hour ago, 1fastdoc said:

There were and still are some that were questioning Thomas' relationship with the Saints organization, maybe more specifically his relationship with Payton, and there has been talk of the Saints trying to trade Thomas. Not necessarily here, but I know the Saints board has talked about it extensively. I thought it noteworthy that, per those tweets, Thomas and Payton seem to be on very good terms. I think it's safe to say that the Saints management probably feels much the same as Payton does.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

There were and still are some that were questioning Thomas' relationship with the Saints organization, maybe more specifically his relationship with Payton, and there has been talk of the Saints trying to trade Thomas. Not necessarily here, but I know the Saints board has talked about it extensively. I thought it noteworthy that, per those tweets, Thomas and Payton seem to be on very good terms. I think it's safe to say that the Saints management probably feels much the same as Payton does.

The Saints would be wise to hold Thomas.  That division is winnable, especially with a stud like Kamara in the backfield and a pass catcher like Thomas.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, darin3 said:

The Saints would be wise to hold Thomas.  That division is winnable, especially with a stud like Kamara in the backfield and a pass catcher like Thomas.

I agree and Thomas' skill would greatly benefit any incoming QB, including Winston. His catch radius & hands will correct a lot of bad throws and his attention to detail will have him in tune with the QB quickly.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

because he cannot be trusted to either take care of himself or do what is best for the team

:rolleyes:

He got bad advice and thought he could play, so he opted not to get the surgery. At the time he thought he was doing what was best for him and the team. 

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Plus they've already shaved off $34 million from their cap. :tup:

It was a good move, they had no choice but to do so. Still a ton of questions about Thomas going forward. He's 28 coming off of a major injury, QB concerns, etc. And does he even want to play football? It's going to be interesting going forward. 

42 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

It was a good move, they had no choice but to do so. Still a ton of questions about Thomas going forward. He's 28 coming off of a major injury, QB concerns, etc. And does he even want to play football? It's going to be interesting going forward. 

He's always said that he wants to be mentioned among the best to ever play the game.  He's definitely motivated.