[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well this sucks (Michael Thomas news)

Dcat

But it sounds like they wanted to be in contact because they wanted to know if it was working or not. And he wasn't responding. So that is pretty important when you've got football games to be played in the fall and he waited until June and it hadn't been better. I can't say anything about him playing through it and making the injury worse that's more information than I have. Maybe that played a role where he felt he didn't owe them anything at that point.

Just now, stevegrab said:

That doesn't help when people keep quoting his asinine posts. 

Trust me, it helps immensely.  If you see a quoted post, just scroll past.  But most of the diarrhea of the mouth is squelched by ignore.

• Sad 1

Just now, darin3 said:

Trust me, it helps immensely.  If you see a quoted post, just scroll past.  But most of the diarrhea of the mouth is squelched by ignore.

HE IS ON MY IGNORE LIST, why dos this matter so much to you? 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

HE IS ON MY IGNORE LIST, why dos this matter so much to you? 

DO I REALLY NEED TO REPEAT MYSELF?  Because your constant nagging on each other is effing tiresome.  I've tried to be helpful with you, steve.  Honestly at this point I think I may just throw you on the list too so I don't have to see your constant whining about him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

33 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Thomas was back on the practice field on Wednesday, participating in individual drills and running routes without defensive coverage while sitting out team portions of the session

So he didn't practice??? 

quoting for steve.

how many vets in the first couple days of camp are taking part in those full scrimmages they are having now. :unsure:

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Thomas was back on the practice field on Wednesday, participating in individual drills and running routes without defensive coverage while sitting out team portions of the session

So he didn't practice??? 

quoting for steve.

how many vets in the first couple days of camp are taking part in those full scrimmages they are having now. :unsure:

• Sad 1

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/news/latest-headlines

After passing a conditioning test Wednesday morning, Thomas was cleared to go, and even though he did not participate in EVERY drill, what we did see of him was extremely encouraging. Showing no limp at all on that surgically repaired left ankle, he ran precise routes at full speed, cutting hard and finishing up with his signature hand catches. The training and coaching staff will continue to monitor his reps and participation on a daily basis, but after not seeing No. 13 on the field for two years, Wednesday was a very good day for the organization.

"I'm kind of lost for words," said Thomas. "I didn't want to come up here (in front of media) and get emotional or anything.

"But it was a blessing to be back out there with the guys, being able to put my hand in the pile and just be out there to perfect my craft and compete and encourage guys and get ready to help D.A. (Coach Dennis Allen) win some games."

According to The Huddle News Thomas says he's confident he can return to his player he was before the ankle injury in week 1 of 2020, and their analysis says he's unlikely to reach the numbers he put up in his last full season (2019 149-1725-9). He only played 7 games in 2020, dealing with the nagging injury with stats 40-438-0, even if those are doubled and you add 3-4 TDs those are not impressive.  Also don't forgot his last full season with those nice stats was with Brees at QB and Payton running the offense. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

According to The Huddle News Thomas says he's confident he can return to his player he was before the ankle injury in week 1 of 2020, and their analysis says he's unlikely to reach the numbers he put up in his last full season (2019 149-1725-9). He only played 7 games in 2020, dealing with the nagging injury with stats 40-438-0, even if those are doubled and you add 3-4 TDs those are not impressive.  Also don't forgot his last full season with those nice stats was with Brees at QB and Payton running the offense. 

I think the biggest barrier for him putting up those kind of numbers, aside from the obvious threat of injury, is the fact that the WR room is so much better than it has been in a long time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I think the biggest barrier for him putting up those kind of numbers, aside from the obvious threat of injury, is the fact that the WR room is so much better than it has been in a long time.

I think Winston will have another season with two 1k receivers and a third that's not far off. You have a QB that has had a 5k season. He can do it again with a lot less mistakes now that he has better coaching and learning under Brees. Carmichael likes to pass so I can see Winston dicing up a defense. 

• 4 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I wouldn't make much about him sitting out the game, or the first preseason game for that matter. Most of the starting players sat out and the starters who did play only played the first series or two.

On offense:

Jameis Winston, Alvin Kamara, Mark Ingram, Michael Thomas, Jarvis Landry, OL Landon Young, Ryan Ramczyk, James Hurst, Andrus Peat and Erik McCoy.

On Defense:

Cam Jordan, Marcus Davenport, David Onyemata, Tyrann Mathieu, Alontae Taylor, Marshon Lattimore and C.J. Gardner-Johnson.

1 minute ago, rajncajn said:

I wouldn't make much about him sitting out the game, or the first preseason game for that matter. Most of the starting players sat out and the starters who did play only played the first series or two.

On offense:

Jameis Winston, Alvin Kamara, Mark Ingram, Michael Thomas, Jarvis Landry, OL Landon Young, Ryan Ramczyk, James Hurst, Andrus Peat and Erik McCoy.

On Defense:

Cam Jordan, Marcus Davenport, David Onyemata, Tyrann Mathieu, Alontae Taylor, Marshon Lattimore and C.J. Gardner-Johnson.

Except Thomas hasn't played an NFL game in over 2 years. If anyone needs reps it's him.