[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well this sucks (Michael Thomas news)

Dcat

15 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I hope you're right, we'll see. 

Honestly,  I would never question his motivation or desire.  For me,  the only issues with him are whether he will stay healthy, offensive scheme and QB play.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 8:28 PM, rajncajn said:

Honestly,  I would never question his motivation or desire.  For me,  the only issues with him are whether he will stay healthy, offensive scheme and QB play.

I am just as concerned about his mentals. He has been acting somewhat off kilter the last year or two and I dont exactly know what the bee in his bonnet is or if he is descending into diva-grievance territory. Yes he has been most valuable as a volume receiver so scheme matters. He is plenty talented, no issue there, I just dont know what his headspace is. 

Edited by purplemonster
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 11:57 AM, LordOpie said:

This is good. I'll use this info to trade Thomas because he cannot be trusted to either take care of himself or do what is best for the team. I'm not sure what happened last year, but Thomas is no longer with the risk.

Fortunately, my league mates don't read the main forum, so I'm sure I'll have several offers for me to fleece.

On 2/26/2022 at 1:56 PM, rajncajn said:

:rolleyes:

He got bad advice and thought he could play, so he opted not to get the surgery. At the time he thought he was doing what was best for him and the team. 

He probably got the advice that surgery carried risks and he might be able to recover without it. But he also failed to keep his team informed and hurt their season. Unfortunately, I doubt I can trade him so I hope he rebounds well despite the NO turmoil. 

• 4 months later...

This seems to be more a roster/exemption move to excuse him from contractual responsibilities and allow him to continue with his rehab process. He's continued to work out and has been running and cutting, so he should be fine. He can come off PUP at any time. 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Obviously there is. Not to mention it's been years since he's caught an NFL pass and he's 29. Not good 

Other than being injured,  which is not really within his control,  every indication from MT is that he wants to be on the field,  playing, asap.

Year before last he got injured. Last year he took bad advice and skipped surgery because he was told it could heal on it's own. The only people giving any indication he doesn't want to play are media hacks trying to drum up a story.

Thomas has posted multiple videos of himself working out, running and running routes. Here's one from his batch last week. If you click on it you'll see a few more with him making hard cuts and changing direction:

That sure doesn't look like somebody who doesn't want to or is incapable of playing. If you go to MTs Instagram he posts vids all the time of him putting work in.

• Confused 1

I traded him away for Thielen right before he exploded a couple years ago.  Then I traded Evans to get him back right before he got injured.  Before this I went through similar stress with AB.  That's the one major downside to dynasty.  Bad decisions linger.

I hope Thomas looks incredible in the first 4 weeks, so I can get him off my roster permanenty.  That will ensure he'll continue to play and set records into his 50's.  

• Haha 1

I had to check in my league to confirm he was on a roster, which means he is eligible as a keeper. Not sure if that team carried him all year or not.  Definitely some risk involved, especially if you are expecting him to return to elite status. 

3 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

I traded him away for Thielen right before he exploded a couple years ago.  Then I traded Evans to get him back right before he got injured.  Before this I went through similar stress with AB.  That's the one major downside to dynasty.  Bad decisions linger.

I hope Thomas looks incredible in the first 4 weeks, so I can get him off my roster permanenty.  That will ensure he'll continue to play and set records into his 50's.  

Totally understand why someone wouldn't want to take the risk because of age and/or risk of injury,  but the idea that he doesn't want to play is nothing but media drama.

2 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Totally understand why someone wouldn't want to take the risk because of age and/or risk of injury,  but the idea that he doesn't want to play is nothing but media drama.

I know you're a homer but jeeze. He's hasn't touched a football in 2 years, is 29 years old, STILL on PUP and in a new situation. When's the last time we've seen this pan out?? He's done 

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I know you're a homer but jeeze. He's hasn't touched a football in 2 years, is 29 years old, STILL on PUP and in a new situation. When's the last time we've seen this pan out?? He's done 

Sure, we can agree or disagree that he's done for any or all of those reasons. I have my own concerns on whether or not he can return to pre-injury form. I will say that I like what I've seen so far and I also like the fact that they've added players that will take some of the attention off of him.

But, again, whether he'll be any good or not is obviously not from a lack of desire to play. That's the only thing I'm arguing with you about.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, rajncajn said:

Sure, we can agree or disagree that he's done for any or all of those reasons. I have my own concerns on whether or not he can return to pre-injury form. I will say that I like what I've seen so far and I also like the fact that they've added players that will take some of the attention off of him.

But, again, whether he'll be any good or not is obviously not from a lack of desire to play. That's the only thing I'm arguing with you about.

We'll see, it's definitely not good. Especially if he's a step older and slower with a very inaccurate QB