[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well this sucks (Michael Thomas news)

Dcat

On 8/7/2021 at 8:47 PM, millworkguy said:

His body his choice

Well NFL says you're  body your choice your team can't field a team you lose all your money (not much of a choice there) I don't understand how you can't just follow the science get your damn vaccination play football listening to Kirk cousins the other day I wanted to put a gun in my head follow the science the nobody made a big deal about the mumps the measles robella flu shots

• Haha 1

Saints cannot be happy about this at all, maybe he figures he got paid and the won't compete for a title without Brees so who cares if I miss half the season.  The post with the story where Thomas claims the Saints tried to damage his reputation had very little info to support his claim, just the basic facts that we've already heard regarding the timing and how much of the season he will miss.

He doesn't say "that's a lie, when they contacted me I got back to them". Not much there to support your claim, so why should we believe you?

PS  Can we all stop trying to bring our politics into these discussions, there's enough of that toxic BS all over the net if you're interested in playing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Lions4ever said:

Well NFL says you're  body your choice your team can't field a team you lose all your money (not much of a choice there) I don't understand how you can't just follow the science get your damn vaccination play football listening to Kirk cousins the other day I wanted to put a gun in my head follow the science the nobody made a big deal about the mumps the measles robella flu shots

Ready for this heat getter Opie?

If you're vaccinated you can still have, spread and test positive for Covid just like the unvaccinated. So what the hell is the difference? And if you're vaccinated and it works why the hell do you care who's not? My best friend has had full blown Covid twice while vaccinated. I'm fully vaccinated to but what does that even mean? 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Ready for this heat getter Opie?

If you're vaccinated you can still have, spread and test positive for Covid just like the unvaccinated. So what the hell is the difference? And if you're vaccinated and it works why the hell do you care who's not? My best friend has had full blown Covid twice while vaccinated. I'm fully vaccinated to but what does that even mean? 

From what I've read at the very least it means that you have less of a chance of getting Covid and if you do, a tremendously far less chance of having to be hospitalized and not having severe symptoms. I'll take that as it improves my odds of not suffering and not dying.  

https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-updates-08-09-21/h_9c6a79bada1c3b54c7d873635394a789

Back to that Dill Weed, Michael Thomas, lol!

Edited by irish

54 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Saints cannot be happy about this at all, maybe he figures he got paid and the won't compete for a title without Brees so who cares if I miss half the season.  The post with the story where Thomas claims the Saints tried to damage his reputation had very little info to support his claim, just the basic facts that we've already heard regarding the timing and how much of the season he will miss.

He doesn't say "that's a lie, when they contacted me I got back to them". Not much there to support your claim, so why should we believe you?

PS  Can we all stop trying to bring our politics into these discussions, there's enough of that toxic BS all over the net if you're interested in playing.

This is a prime example of how people in the media can manipulate a situation. This all stems from Duncan's article citing "multiple people familiar with the situation" saying that three different coaches tried to contact him and he didn't return their calls. First off Scooter, as Saints fans like to call him, has no love whatsoever for the Saints organization & the feeling is absolutely mutual. Scooter was the local beat reporter who went lock-step with the league office during bounty-gate as well as the eaves-dropping bs. He was very vocal about wanting Payton to be fired and he jumped at the chance to tie in with the nationally followed story because he wanted to get up on that level. He was subsequently rewarded for it by getting a job with The Athletic, who I guess has since let him go. Now he's back in his old spot with the Times Picayune and, to nobody's surprise, his very first article has the team and their #1 WR at odds... over what "multiple people familiar with the situation" say.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

True but the vax makes you more likely to be asymptomatic which means you can spread it easier since you don't know you're sick.

I swear this crap changes on a daily basis almost. It wasn't very long ago the CDC was saying that the vaccine makes it unlikely that you will transmit it. Now they are saying just the opposite... And they wonder why people don't trust what they say.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, irish said:

From what I've read at the very least it means that you have less of a chance of getting Covid and if you do, a tremendously far less chance of having to be hospitalized and not having severe symptoms. I'll take that as it improves my odds of not suffering and not dying.  

Agree. My point is that the vaccinated are more likely to spread it than the unvaccinated because they aren't taking the same precautions. Vaccinated or not you're still a carrier. But why is the NFL in such an uproar? Healthy 20-30 year olds aren't dropping dead. 

Edited by League_Champion
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Agree. My point is that the vaccinated are more likely to spread it than the unvaccinated because they aren't taking the same precautions. Vaccinated or not you're still a carrier. But why is the NFL in such an uproar? Healthy 20-30 year olds aren't dropping dead. 

I'm vaccinated and still wear a mask. So, I'm pretty much still taking the same precautions as unvaxed. However, I do have 2 little kids who aren't vaxxed so, I've got a greater stake in the game. 

40 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

True but the vax makes you more likely to be asymptomatic which means you can spread it easier since you don't know you're sick.

See above. I may be vaxxed but I still behave out in the world as if I'm not, because my kids aren't. 

Edited by irish
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Consistency & honesty are not really all that difficult.

Consistency is harder though when you have an evolving pandemic and organism that is novel to society and medicine. You cannot predict variants, the current one is the delta variant which evades vaccination to a degree but not enough to cause severe illness in the hefty majority of people. 99% of those dying essentially are unvaccinated despite them being in the minority of people. The alternative is telling everyone to lockdown and mask up which nobody really wants to do anymore, or let it it run wild and have your hospitals overwhelmed. We are somewhat stuck in this middle ground putting out fires as they come up, dealing with variants as they come up, encouraging vaccination, until we get through this. This is an evolving pandemic so recommendations may and likely will change. 

I personally don't like forcing anyone to do things so we respect the rights of people who don't want to be vaccinated, although life gets tough for them with testing, job at risk, inconveniences. I understand their concerns about what they feel was a rushed process with a new mRNA technology and to their credit they are correct there are no long term studies bc that is impossible. The usual vaccine trials and tests however have been completed appropriately. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Yeah. That's not true. Cdc did something new and unprecedented... They created two testing guidelines depending on if your vaxxed, both clinically and via pcr "testing".

I get it. Most people only know what the news tells them so if the news isn't providing a complete picture then how area people supposed to know?

I'm going to take a break from this topic because we'll all get into an argument.

I'll leave y'all with this... It's okay to question whatever. It is. I knw that questioning isn't popular these days

Nah I am not fighting, I don't fight against anyone with this stuff. I respect other people's opinions.

But I wasn't pulling that out of my bum. Recently those were the numbers. It may have changed some with the delta variant becoming more predominant but I haven't seen any official numbers. 

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/16/1017002907/u-s-covid-deaths-are-rising-again-experts-call-it-a-pandemic-of-the-unvaccinated

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-941fcf43d9731c76c16e7354f5d5e187

Edited by purplemonster
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

This is an evolving pandemic so recommendations may and likely will change. 

Was about to post the same thing.  Expecting recommendations to stay static overtime is not how things work.  You evaluate additional empirical data and adapt accordingly.  That's how things work.  The CDC certainly deserves some criticism on their overall handling, but a lot of it is really uncalled for rooted in the fact that most Americans are blissfully ignorant of how the scientific process works.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Was about to post the same thing.  Expecting recommendations to stay static overtime is not how things work.  You evaluate additional empirical data and adapt accordingly.  That's how things work.  The CDC certainly deserves some criticism on their overall handling, but a lot of it is really uncalled for rooted in the fact that most Americans are blissfully ignorant of how the scientific process works.

Agreed. Definitely plenty of room for criticism but the situation on the ground does change frequently and getting and getting people to do something is like herding cats. Rajn definitely has a point

Reading the topic title, then reading the last few pages. I have surmised:

"well this sucks" is what the last few pages is full of.

"Michael Thomas news" is nearly non-existant the last few pages.

Stay on target peeps.

Edited by Riffraff

44 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Consistency is harder though when you have an evolving pandemic and organism that is novel to society and medicine. You cannot predict variants, the current one is the delta variant which evades vaccination to a degree but not enough to cause severe illness in the hefty majority of people. 99% of those dying essentially are unvaccinated despite them being in the minority of people. The alternative is telling everyone to lockdown and mask up which nobody really wants to do anymore, or let it it run wild and have your hospitals overwhelmed. We are somewhat stuck in this middle ground putting out fires as they come up, dealing with variants as they come up, encouraging vaccination, until we get through this. This is an evolving pandemic so recommendations may and likely will change. 

I personally don't like forcing anyone to do things so we respect the rights of people who don't want to be vaccinated, although life gets tough for them with testing, job at risk, inconveniences. I understand their concerns about what they feel was a rushed process with a new mRNA technology and to their credit they are correct there are no long term studies bc that is impossible. The usual vaccine trials and tests however have been completed appropriately. 

But it's not really. The problem comes when they preach statistics, strategies and science from a position of superiority as if it's canon law, written as fact and irrefutable. Then politicians and citizens in general run with that and treat people as if they are morons for being hesitant and seeking information outside of the mainstream because anything that doesn't agree with what the CDC is saying gets suppressed. I am personally pro-vaccine, but they've hardly been consistent or honest when it's painfully obvious that they still have a long way to go to understanding this virus or the best way to properly deal with it.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

The CDC certainly deserves some criticism on their overall handling, but a lot of it is really uncalled for rooted in the fact that most Americans are blissfully ignorant of how the scientific process works.

On cue....:)

8 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

The CDC has been wrong every step of the way. Who the hell knows if these vaccines are even safe? What happens 5-10 years from now? Nobody knows. So why would you clown anyone who doesn't want this thing in their body, especially a healthy young adult. 

Does anyone here have vaccine remorse? 

Absolutely not and from my doctorate neighbor who works in the field, she has shared that the way they work (which is different depending on the vaccine you get), makes them safe. Fauci has said the same. 

Go Mike Thomas!

Edited by irish

35 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

The CDC has been wrong every step of the way. Who the hell knows if these vaccines are even safe? What happens 5-10 years from now? Nobody knows. So why would you clown anyone who doesn't want this thing in their body, especially a healthy young adult. 

Does anyone here have vaccine remorse? 

They haven't been "wrong" a whole lot,  but they've definitely been all over the place. The way I see it,  the risk of something happening many years down the road doesn't outweigh the risk of myself or those close to me contracting this thing and dieing from it. I've known several that are one degree of separation that have died from it and I know several who very nearly did,  including a couple of younger folks. With the places both my wife and I work being prime environments for contracting it and my kids both being in school,  I opted for the vaccine. That said, part of the reason that I did was because we were told that we wouldn't be able to transmit it as easily,  but of course,  that's out the window already. 

Edited by rajncajn

1 minute ago, rajncajn said:

,  I opted for the vaccine. That said, part of the reason that I did was because we were told that we wouldn't be able to transmit it as easily,  but of course,  that's out the window already. 

Same here. I got the vaccine after I had Covid and got it again. Many people think that because they're vaccinated you can't carry or spread it. That couldn't be farther from the truth. And that was everyone's argument in here early on. "If you're unvaccinated you're a super spreader and killing Grandma". Well now the vaccinated are the super spreaders because they aren't taking any precautions like before. It's just a mess. How are we supposed to know if the CDC doesn't even know? 

Michael Thomas is not going to be happy with the Saints again.

I think this injury has been mishandled from the start. I get the idea to give it one more shot with Drew Brees but at what cost? The injury obviously lingered. It is beginning to look like he should have been shut down from the start. I don't think he could have played in the playoffs with a deltoid injury so he must have injured the deltoid while rehabbing the high ankle sprain? Or maybe not? It's not clear but what is clear is that he has missed a lot of time trying to come back from what was a high ankle sprain. I hope they put him on the shelf long enough to heal his body to where he is 100%. If I was in charge and I'm not but if I was. I think there would be a meeting with all parties and I would softly but firmly recommend this not happen again. I would not allow him to step foot on the field till he was 101% healthy. If that means shutting him down for 2021 then that is what it means. How many times do teams go through this same process over and over? Players want to play. Coaches want to coach players that want to play. Teams want to WIN. Let's get back to doing what is right for the team and the player. You might have to tell a player he can't play even if he wants to and even if he thinks he is 100%. What does the team medical staff say?  Error on the side of caution because now he is going to miss almost half the season on top of what he sat out last season. This should be resolved by now and the bad blood might not be an issue.