[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jon Gruden

Bobby Brown

1 hour ago, buddahj said:

How dare you. You don't get to decide what's racist, homophobic, transphopic, ect. Do you get DMs telling you to go kill yourself daily like I do? How your existence is evil? Have to worry about whether or not your human rights are going to be taken away?  I live this hate everyday as a trans woman. Your entitled take as a cis male is what's BS. Come down off your perch and actually talk to the people this hurts & affects on a daily basis.

I bolded the key part, for me. Gotta increase the # of voices and perspectives. It's not threatening - it's simple love thy neighbor.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

Its a business

A very big business with billions at stake. Not sure we'll see any major fallout across the NFL from this. And if they want to get totally PC they're going to need massive changes that won't be acceptable to many of their fans.

Plenty of players, coaches and owners have made major screw ups. Sometimes those in charge (individual owners, commissioner or league office) decide to drop the hammer other times they don't. 

Have to agree with others, he royally screwed up and as the face of the Raiders that makes them look bad, and they don't need that. Maybe if he had just won a SB he'd have some leeway, but otherwise they knew this was bad and just going to be a distraction so they parted ways. All this other stuff about how we should all be embarrassed is just somebody doing what they accuse others of, posting their views in an attempt to feel (or appear) superior to others. If only we were all as understanding as Brentastic this would be a better world. 

4 hours ago, whomper said:

Some of the emails are as recent as 2018 from what I understand . Im not a fan of cancel culture, but it seems Gruden has made derogatory remarks about black people, women , gay people and probably others when this truly comes to surface . Hard to have a guy like that as the face of your franchise  , especially when his very own team has black people and a gay player . Stepping down was the move .  Brent is right in the sense that if we all had every conversation we ever made on tape, I am sure we would all be screwed for something we said down the line..There is a difference though. A momentary lapse of judgement and a pattern are two different things. Seems Gruden had a well documented pattern 

The bolded is a big part of it. We had a local politician in Cleveland convicted of various corruption and fraud charges, in federal court for using federal money in various pet projects that enriched himself while claiming to help the neighborhood. He told the judge he made a mistake and he was sorry, but asked for leniency. Just said NOPE, not a mistake, but a patter of corruption and criminal behavior over more than 10 years. 

Being sorry doesn't absolve you of punishment and consequences for your action.

2 hours ago, Brentastic said:

Nah, I don't agree.  This is a brainwashed take.  Hate is a strong word, a word used by indoctrinating entities to get you to believe what they want you to believe using strong words to get you there.  95% of people want to fit in.  This 95% will change their behavior, change their principles, change their political stance, do anything to be included in the group.  Governments know this.  The media knows this. They use this knowledge to get people to comply.  On the surface, cancel or 'consequences' culture (LOL) seems like a positive step forward for society but the reality is that its not.  You can be sure that anything spear-headed by the propaganda machine we call the media is sure to have an end-game result that is a net negative for humanity and a net positive for more government control, coercion and ultimately tyranny.

This whole premise that we live in a racist, homophobic country is complete b.s.  There are some people that are those things but that is not the core of Americans, not even close.  It's time to wake up.  Stop putting your faith in the government.  It's been hijacked by globalists who desire full control and they use the media to shape public opinion.  I don't want to live in a world where every detail of our lives, how we talk, who we talk to, what we say, what we do in our free time... all those things are micromanaged by government and our employers.  Why would anyone want to live in that world.  Government consists of people just like you and me.  No other human can decide for yourself.  No other human has authority over yourself.  We need to stop pretending government is a ruling body assigned by God.  It's man-made and attracts people who seek control and power over others.  Government and media cares nothing about us as individuals, only their global agenda for mass control.  It's time to start thinking again for ourselves.  People need to start reading books, specifically history books to understand the devastation of humanity created by governments throughout history.  The pattern and trend are clear, the end goal is always tyranny and we're getting close again.  Let's not let it happen on our watch.  Let's not let all the soldiers who fought for our freedoms die in vain.

So just to be clear, HATE is a strong word, but its OK to say other people's views are "a brainwashed take".  Not just once, but repeatedly?

Could you be any more condescending?  

25 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I find it interesting that just 24 hours before that game during SNF long weather delay they talked about it and Mike Tirico said he knew Gruden well during those years they were doing MNF together and never saw or heard anything that indicated Gruden behaved like that. Well seems it was pretty pervasive, and I doubt he only did it via email, just that is where most of the proof existed. Maybe he hid it more in public, or people were just afraid to speak out against Chucky and have him get angry. 

I wonder how much they paid him to let him go away, wasn't he given something like a 10 year $100 million contract?

My views on this topic are somewhat influenced by a friend of mine.  A close friend.  We were in the military together (enlisted combat arms, no cush jobs) and he always conducted himself professionally and fairly.  He was friends with people regardless of race.  He grew up in Nebraska and his father was a classic Bigot.  Well, he'll let comments slip occasionally that are typically jokes and clearly racist but he honestly doesn't see any malice behind them.  When he does it around me I just let him know its over the line.  Point being, comments and actions are very different for some people.  So how do we define racism?  Beliefs or behaviors?  This is rhetorical btw, I am just pointing out that I know people who have very good hearts but colored views based on their upbringing.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

My views on this topic are somewhat influenced by a friend of mine.  A close friend.  We were in the military together (enlisted combat arms, no cush jobs) and he always conducted himself professionally and fairly.  He was friends with people regardless of race.  He grew up in Nebraska and his father was a classic Bigot.  Well, he'll let comments slip occasionally that are typically jokes and clearly racist but he honestly doesn't see any malice behind them.  When he does it around me I just let him know its over the line.  Point being, comments and actions are very different for some people.  So how do we define racism?  Beliefs or behaviors?  This is rhetorical btw, I am just pointing out that I know people who have very good hearts but colored views based on their upbringing.  

Good post.

All I will say about the upbringing part is my dad was a big time racist. So I know that part of upbringing is in me. I can't help that part.

What I can help is how I let that racism from him die when I die. My kids have never heard me utter a word about race. Or sex. Or disparaging women. Or anything remotely hateful. Even though when I was a teenager we let that stuff fly because we thought it was normal.

I learned. I grew. And I recognize what is in me because of how I was raised. But it stops with me. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

Good post.

All I will say about the upbringing part is my dad was a big time racist. So I know that part of upbringing is in me. I can't help that part.

What I can help is how I let that racism from him die when I die. My kids have never heard me utter a word about race. Or sex. Or disparaging women. Or anything remotely hateful. Even though when I was a teenager we let that stuff fly because we thought it was normal.

I learned. I grew. And I recognize what is in me because of how I was raised. But it stops with me. 

Amen. Thanks for breaking the chain 😜

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brentastic said:

Until the media started blasting us with all the 'hate' going on in this country, nobody had this take. In the late 90s, early 2000s nobody was screaming racism!!  So we've moved backwards since then? No, the media is ramping up those stories to cause friction and divide us. The globalist/tyrannical playbook has always been the same: Divide and Conquer. The media literally dictates where the outrage is focused in this country.  People are too busy and distracted (this is by design) to look into things for themselves, pretty much everyone relies on some media source for their 'takes' and 'stances' on issues.  Hardly anyone has an original take anymore, everything is just regurgitated bull poop.  I guarantee all of you screaming "RACISM" the last few years were never screaming that 20 years ago.

There was all sorts of stories about racism 20-100 years ago, they just didn't get much press in white centric papers, until Rodney king. With the evolution of the internet,  anyone can report anything,  the internet gave a voice to those without,  the internet gave people a place to display and showcase inequality,  the internet gives modern day David the power to beat Goliath. 

Stone mountain was completed in 1972!!!  

The monument to "mammies" (enslaved female caregiver to white children) still stands in arlington 

What year where neither of these racist in "your America "?

• Like 1

There are times when simple changes can lead to a person eliminating offensive behaviors and sometimes its as easy as listening to someone that has experience with it or has been on the wrong side of it .We had an old school huddle guy named Cliaz. He had two special needs children . People on the board would use the word retarded or retard as a derogatory term . Its something many of us , myself included , would just say as if its second nature . Cliaz would not lecture or scold us. He explained to us that in the special needs community , using the word that way was offensive and hurtful. Over the years I saw so many huddle guys stop using the word because of Cliaz , including myself.  That wasn't us being persuaded by an oversensitive person. That was us listening to a friend 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1fastdoc said:

Finally a voice of reason. Thanks for your post. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, whomper said:

There are times when simple changes can lead to a person eliminating offensive behaviors and sometimes its as easy as listening to someone that has experience with it or has been on the wrong side of it .We had an old school huddle guy named Cliaz. He had two special needs children . People on the board would use the word retarded or retard as a derogatory term . Its something many of us , myself included , would just say as if its second nature . Cliaz would not lecture or scold us. He explained to us that in the special needs community , using the word that way was offensive and hurtful. Over the years I saw so many huddle guys stop using the word because of Cliaz , including myself.  That wasn't us being persuaded by an oversensitive person. That was us listening to a friend 

Great post. We all need to listen to each other more, that’s for sure. Instead of wishing harm on and calling people selfish because they won’t take the Covid jab is one example. Thanks for posting. We need more of this. More compassion, more listening and more worrying about ourselves and not so much about others. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

He always conducted himself professionally and fairly

3 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

his father was a classic Bigot.  Well, he'll let comments slip occasionally that are typically jokes and clearly racist but he honestly doesn't see any malice behind them.  

I have to disagree with your definition of professionally,  and I don't care who you are,  you wouldn't have a second chance to call my wife (or daughters) a *****?(

3 hours ago, whomper said:

I agree this can happen, in small enough groups where you don't notice the small changes happening regularly, and where we are all accountable to the others around us. 

In the general population,  i wouldn't be surprised if that language gets used at the dining room table of too many households each night because they don't think they know anyone who would be harmed/find it offensive.

It's more disturbing that others acknowledge the offensive behavior and know its wrong,  then say they are offended by people calling attention to others using it

5 hours ago, buddahj said:

First off, learn the the basic terminology. Being trans isn't a sexual preference. Do better. What I'm asking is that you use the privilege that you have to be an ally to the marginalized.

I have no privilege. I am an ally to every human on earth. Just because you don’t understand the fight yet doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

The Holocaust manifested over time. I highly encourage everyone to watch the very insightful documentary The Last Days to really understand how the Holocaust unfolded for the people who lived it.

Anyways, I do stand with you and everyone EQUALLY but I’m not lost in the trees like many of you. There are millions of people standing up to Tyranny right now over Covid mandates and restrictions. Have you seen what is happening in Australia, Canada, France? If you only pay attention to msm then probably not. Let me assure you, in some cases like Australia and Canada it’s very ugly and evil and inhumane. Blatant tyranny. That’s what I’m fighting against. If you’re getting caught in the weeds of race, gender, politics, religion, what makes you cum and everything else they manufacture to keep us divided and distracted, then consider my annoying posts as your wake up call. There is a bigger battle we need to win and it’s 98% of the world vs the other 2%. We have the numbers. We must UNITE and realize the challenge we’re up against which is worldwide tyranny under 1 unifying dictatorship control. That is the end game. Educate yourself if you care at all about the future of humanity. If you’re a lost soul who thinks we simply live and die, I will pray for you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Brentastic said:

That’s what I’m fighting against. If you’re getting caught in the weeds of race, gender, politics, religion, what makes you cum and everything else they manufacture to keep us divided and distracted, then consider my annoying posts as your wake up call.

The point Buddahj was trying to make is that she identifies as a Trans woman. That's not a sexuality or sexual identity, but a gender identity. Okay, back to the usual programming. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Brentastic said:

I have no privilege. I am an ally to every human on earth. Just because you don’t understand the fight yet doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

The Holocaust manifested over time. I highly encourage everyone to watch the very insightful documentary The Last Days to really understand how the Holocaust unfolded for the people who lived it.

Anyways, I do stand with you and everyone EQUALLY but I’m not lost in the trees like many of you. There are millions of people standing up to Tyranny right now over Covid mandates and restrictions. Have you seen what is happening in Australia, Canada, France? If you only pay attention to msm then probably not. Let me assure you, in some cases like Australia and Canada it’s very ugly and evil and inhumane. Blatant tyranny. That’s what I’m fighting against. If you’re getting caught in the weeds of race, gender, politics, religion, what makes you cum and everything else they manufacture to keep us divided and distracted, then consider my annoying posts as your wake up call. There is a bigger battle we need to win and it’s 98% of the world vs the other 2%. We have the numbers. We must UNITE and realize the challenge we’re up against which is worldwide tyranny under 1 unifying dictatorship control. That is the end game. Educate yourself if you care at all about the future of humanity. If you’re a lost soul who thinks we simply live and die, I will pray for you. 

Who or what are you referring to here? 

Edited by Chief Dick

2 hours ago, Chief Dick said:

Who or what are you referring to here? 

Based on Brent's posts/stance here I am going to assume he thinks there is a "new world order" headed up by the likes of Bill Gates that is looking to control not only the USA, but the world and its economy.

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2021 at 12:50 PM, Brentastic said:

Great post. We all need to listen to each other more, that’s for sure. Instead of wishing harm on and calling people selfish because they won’t take the Covid jab is one example. Thanks for posting. We need more of this. More compassion, more listening and more worrying about ourselves and not so much about others. 

How very anti-vax of you. 

3 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

It's 1-part old man yelling at the clouds, 1-part Q'anon, and 1-part stoned college freshman with pseudo intellectual babble essay in philosophy class. 

And you’re 100% douchebag. Instead of addressing the topic, like most condescending ingratiaters, you attack the person. You’re 100% of the problem in this country. I served and I care. What do you do other than sling insults on a message board when the topic gets to heavy? 

7 minutes ago, JumpingJehosaphat said:

How very anti-vax of you. 

How judgemental of you. What does my vaccination status have anything to do with it? Why do you care about my vaccination status? If I’m against the Covid vaccine, does that make me anti-vax? If I made a personal decision to remain vaccine-free, why does that bother you? Worry about your damn self. 

2 minutes ago, Brentastic said:

How judgemental of you. What does my vaccination status have anything to do with it? Why do you care about my vaccination status? If I’m against the Covid vaccine, does that make me anti-vax? If I made a personal decision to remain vaccine-free, why does that bother you? Worry about your damn self. 

And the next Herman Cain award goes to ... 

1 minute ago, JumpingJehosaphat said:

And the next Herman Cain award goes to ... 

Like all bullies who pile on, you address nothing I spoke about, just more insults. I’ll be the one smiling as you get your 12th booster and complying with every mandate they throw at you. Keep licking those boots!!