[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Garoppolo

purplemonster

1 minute ago, millworkguy said:

And again,  if that happens he forfeits part of his 42 million dollar salary next yr, rather then part of his 1 million salary this year.  He has 41 million reasons to not appeal and end up being suspended next season

Right, he's better off taking the suspension this year.  I have a feeling Goodell is going to make it the entire season.  See ya next year, Deshaun.  :peace:

Edited by darin3

14 hours ago, millworkguy said:

And again,  if that happens he forfeits part of his 42 million dollar salary next yr, rather then part of his 1 million salary this year.  He has 41 million reasons to not appeal and end up being suspended next season

That's a good point, but honestly there are other moving parts still. Is it just a one year suspension, is it indefinite with some required hearing in front of Goodell to allow him to play next year? And does any of that mean the Browns push (toll is the term I've seen used) his current contract into next year, something I've seen in several reports since this all started. 

I figured from the beginning that if it was much less than a full season (say under 12 games) that the NFL would appeal. And if they drop the hammer with a year long suspension I think there's a good chance that Watson's team sues. Its not something I just pulled out of my ass, others here and in the media are talking about it. So lets not pretend like it has no chance of happening based on your contract analysis. 

Some interesting reading

An Agent's take https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-dissecting-and-trying-to-make-sense-of-the-deshaun-watson-discipline-case/

NFL knew back in June during the hearing process that Robinson was not likely to suspend Watson a full year as they wanted

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-was-warned-about-deshaun-watsons-suspension-length-in-june-giving-league-month-to-consider-taking-control-of-outcome-030239593.html

If the league drops the hammer, Watson sues (maybe) and gets to play in 2021, but isn't likely to win his case and that means he would lose more money

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1554920282099425282

Mike Florio doesn't think a lawsuit by Watson against the NFL would impact the 6 game suspension, meaning he will absolutely miss those games

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/03/an-nflpa-lawsuit-on-behalf-of-deshaun-watson-likely-wouldnt-impact-first-six-games-of-season/

24 minutes ago, SaraiBoehm said:

Expectations for a player like Garoppolo are high because of his upside as a young quarterback and his ability to generate big plays downfield. I must read cv centre review before help in my cv. In fact, his success rate has been so good that he's been able to throw at least one touchdown pass in every game this season.

Impressive. :TD:

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Big John said:

Makes total sense to all parties.  I thought this was probably option #2 behind Cleveland.  Never bought the Seattle hype, although both Lock and Smith have looked "meh" for the Seahawks.  But why bring in Jimmy G when it's pretty obvious they're rebuilding?

For SFO, they get a proven guy to back Lance up, just in case of injury or if Lance really falls off a cliff.

I didn't think that would happen. I guess all the teams that had some interest and were just waiting for him to be released will have to look elsewhere if they need help. 

I heard he has a no trade clause that can be waived come November. Lots more details in article below. 

This could put some extra pressure on Lance and team management if he isn't playing well. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34483685/sources-jimmy-garoppolo-agrees-restructured-contract-remain-san-francisco-49ers-season

1 hour ago, Big John said:

Why would the no-trade clause be waived after the NFL trading deadline has elapsed? :shrug: 

It sounded weird when they gave that detail on the news. Maybe I misheard it and they said "before November. The linked story does talk about no-trade and no-tag clause and the potential for the first to be waived if there is a team looking to acquire him.

• 3 weeks later...

Stolen from elsewhere from someone who probably stole it too...

Jimmy G's contract incentives:

• No Trade Clause
  • No Tag Clause for 2023
  • Incentives:
  •  
  • $250,000 per game where he takes 25% of snaps ($100,000 more per win)

• $500,000 with 50% snaps in a playoff game

• Extra $500,000 with 50% snaps in the NFC Championship game
    Extra $500,000 with an NFC Championship win

• Extra $1M with 50% snaps in the Super Bowl

3 minutes ago, Riffraff said:

• No Trade Clause
  • No Tag Clause for 2023
  • Incentives:
  •  

I’m happy for him. Not at the expense of lance cause that sucks bad and hoping he heals fully and niners have many successful years with him. But the way Jimmy was phased out after being nothing but professional and effective in most healthy years. He’s the consummate professional through good and bad. I’m happy he’s got the reigns again.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 5:36 AM, League_Champion said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they keep Jimmy G around for a minute. 

Damned good thing, too. 

On 7/13/2022 at 11:29 AM, stevegrab said:

Short version

- SF won't have him start

...I don't think SF plans to have him start, that's Trey Lance's job.

Plans changed.

On 7/13/2022 at 11:50 AM, League_Champion said:

What better insurance policy than Jimmy G? 

SF os submitting a claim today. 

On 7/13/2022 at 11:56 AM, Bier Meister said:

I still like a healthy jimmy as starter, with trey holding the clipboard another year... but know that isn't going to happen.

^ Agreed.  And is now a reality. 

On 7/16/2022 at 10:53 AM, Docniner said:

It may be in the 49ers best interest to find a way to hold onto Jimmy G 

Aged well

On 7/16/2022 at 11:31 AM, League_Champion said:

I feel like it's certainly in their best interest to keep Jimmy G, especially if things go south with Lance. They are primed to compete now. 

Aged well too.

13 hours ago, Riffraff said:

• No Trade Clause
  • No Tag Clause for 2023
  • Incentives:
  •  

Nice $350,000 bonus for that game yesterday. With 15 more games to go, even if they only win half that's a nice $4.5 million bonus for the rest of this season assuming Jimmy G starts.

Yes it was wise to keep him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riffraff said:

Moot question since Jimmy G is a rock solid, never miss a game due to injury, type of guy... but who has the 411 on Brock Purdy for those 2QB/SF leagues out there?

He's about as fantasy relevant as we are 😁

I think if Jimmy G goes down they'll just mail it in for the year and just run it even more than they do now. 

• 1 month later...