[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The problem with the preseason

DMD

is that no one uses the games for anything more than just figuring out which guys to keep for the 53 man roster. There are only three now instead of four and while they used to have Week 3 as a dress rehearsal for the season, there's no such thing. Starters that had locked up jobs almost never showed up in any preseason game. I get that they don't want to get anyone injured.

But this is a low scoring Week 1. There have been just three teams with more than 31 points in their game. Last year it was nine. 2020 had seven. Lot of teams look rusty to me. And the few instances where stud WRs went off, they sometimes faced great CBs who were burned.

Just makes me think it will take a week or two before these teams are all in top form.

Heard this discussed in a telecast today. Commentators were saying how that the lack of preseason reps really shows in the early game/ games, as players just aren't up to speed yet. 

And if Dak has a serious issue with that hand/thumb they are toast even though they looked mediocre with him tonight it’s still week 1 and rust happens. But if he’s out for an extended period stick a fork in their season. And good luck with the Peyton dream…. I don’t think now he’d even touch that mess with someone else’s pole.

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

Oh man they look terrible. Immediately regretting drafting Lamb. Although the 10 targets give me some hope

I put a bet on TB -2.5.  But I also needed a catch from Lamb over the duration of approximately the last 1.5 quarters of the game for a win in a high stakes league.

1 more catch.  Didn't happen when so many WRs went crazy this weekend. 

Cowboys looked like dog poo well before Zak got hurt.

The change from 4 to 3 preseason games had a little impact, but this transition has been going on for some years now. Almost any key starter with a minor injury is held out, some players no matter how healthy never play, and that results in a team that is entirely out of sync in real game action. 

Cowboys were one of several teams that just looked lost this week, Rams & Cardinals both looked lost. (Well what I saw of Cardinals, missed most of Q1 and then they went to another game in Q3).

17 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

The Chiefs are one of the few teams that play their starters a fair amount in the preseason. And it shows.

Since Andy Reid came on board they are 9-1 in openers. Mahomes is 5-0.   

They looked damn good and it appears mahomes is on a mission this year for duo MVPs. Should be a good battle with Josh Allen for both.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 11:14 PM, Sunday Couch Potatoe said:

And if Dak has a serious issue with that hand/thumb they are toast even though they looked mediocre with him tonight it’s still week 1 and rust happens. But if he’s out for an extended period stick a fork in their season. And good luck with the Peyton dream…. I don’t think now he’d even touch that mess with someone else’s pole.

This just in... on its way to Dallas Tx:

image.png.50707bd969429dc0021fa6b019275e32.png

On 9/12/2022 at 10:21 AM, Chief Dick said:

The Chiefs are one of the few teams that play their starters a fair amount in the preseason. And it shows.

Since Andy Reid came on board they are 9-1 in openers. Mahomes is 5-0.   

The Falcons did too this year and it looks like it gave them a distinct advantage for 3 quarters...  :facepalm: