[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who did you go after this week?

gilthorp

Looks like the top adds of the week are Curtis Samuel, Jeff Wilson, Devin Duvernay, OJ Howard, and Taysom Hill. 

I did go after Hill in one league. It made sense at the time I put in the claim. 

I also went after Christian Watson in a couple of leagues to stash for a bit. If they went deep to him on the first play, and he was that open, it leads me to believe he'll be in that position again much sooner than later. I went after York in every league possible, and also grabbed Kyle Philips in one where I'll play him in flex immediately this week. The 9 targets I assume is a harbinger of things to come with him. 

In League 1 (roster in signature), I have last pick out of 14 teams, so I'm not targeting anyone in particular as its highly unlikely I'll get Wilson (who I'd drop Osborn for).  Beyond that I do have claims for Duvernay, Warren, and DeAndre Carter, but aside from Carter, not expecting any of them coming my way.

In League 2 I have FAAB claims for Warren, Hilliard, Spiller, Taysom Hill and Kyle Philips as most of the other top waiver pick ups are already gone and I don't have a need to pick up WRs.  None of the guys claimed am I bidding more than 3% of FAAB.

Grabbed Curtis Samuel as an upgrafe over Jakobi Meyers. I lost Elijah Mitchell and thought about Wilson, but Darrell Henderson was available. Lost him in the pecking order and ended up with James Robinson. I also have Etienne, so that works.

6 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Grabbed Curtis Samuel as an upgrafe over Jakobi Meyers. I lost Elijah Mitchell and thought about Wilson, but Darrell Henderson was available. Lost him in the pecking order and ended up with James Robinson. I also have Etienne, so that works.

Am I missing something on Taysom Hill? Seems like he would be a great candidate to be picked up. If JW misses time, Hill could be used in your TE spot correct if he has a dual listing? (which he does in yahoo QB/TE). Even a few snaps at QB especially around the goal line are primo opportunities. I picked him up in both of my leagues. 

I picked up Gerald Everett and Logan Thomas and will kick the tires on those guys as well. Everett looked pretty shifty in clips I saw, looked more like a WR than a TE and with Keenan Allen possibly out could be good. Logan Thomas is fine anyway if he recovers well enough and Wentz seems not to care too much where he is throwing the ball, almost Jameis like. 

I had Irv Smith Jr who only played 25% of the snaps but still am not clear how he will fit into the Vikings offense week to week. Okweugbunam and Fant didn't light it up either. I am in dire need of a competent TE so need to cast far and wide. 

Edited by purplemonster

15 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Am I missing something on Taysom Hill? Seems like he would be a great candidate to be picked up. If JW misses time, Hill could be used in your TE spot correct if he has a dual listing? (which he does in yahoo QB/TE). Even a few snaps at QB especially around the goal line are primo opportunities. I picked him up in both of my leagues. 

If Winston misses time, you got Red Rifle Dalton as next QB up. Probably not much usage difference for Hill between both qb's.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Yoyo said:

If Winston misses time, you got Red Rifle Dalton as next QB up. Probably not much usage difference for Hill between both qb's.

I forgot about him. Nevertheless Dalton is not exactly known to light it up, I can't say Taysom wouldn't be better. Either way, still seems like he has a reasonable path to points each week but I am probably missing something. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Hill isn't the backup QB, Andy Dalton is. Hill's role is going to be pretty much what it was before Brees left. He'll get a few runs behind center, maybe a throw or two and/or a catch or two. I estimate 5-8 touches per game with fantasy production totally dependent on touchdowns and breaking a big gain. Juwan Johnson is the pass-catching TE, Kamara and Ingram will obviously get the bulk of the carries and Hill won't get many snaps at all as a true QB. I absolutely love him as a Saints player and what he does for the team, but I wouldn't trust that he'll be a consistent producer on my fantasy squad.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I would hope that if Winston is out and Hill is starting a game that all league sites would switch him to a QB designation. But if not, sure that's great value. Otherwise I don't think he offers a lot of value at TE.

I targeted Drake but missed out (was in 9 slot of 12 teams). I was able to get Ertz (who I liked better than Hill and dropped Hooper for) and also Wentz (dropped Van Jefferson my 7th WR)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yoyo said:

Id expect Hill to be used every game in gadget plays, which often add up to a significant # of points.  Boom or bust though.  I stashed him wherever I coould in the event I need an emergency fill-in.

22 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Id expect Hill to be used every game in gadget plays, which often add up to a significant # of points.  Boom or bust though.  I stashed him wherever I coould in the event I need an emergency fill-in.

That is how I felt, neither of my TE were great, and I needed a more consistent potential scorer so I went with Ertz. If I was happy with Kmet and just wanted a bye week filler I may have taken Hill. Like rajn said he will be TD and big gain dependent. If you're in a PPR league an actual pass catching TE is probably still more reliable option. Hill has had just 35 receptions on 48 targets in his 5 seasons, with over half of that in one year (2019). 

Just look at his game logs over his career, lots of games with almost nothing to speak of, and a few average to nice games. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HillTa00/gamelog/

I also looked at his game logs with fantasy scoring on my CBS fantasy site (no PPR), lots of 0-3 scores, and the occasional 8-10 when he gets a TD. The only variation there is the handful of games he started in 2020/21 where he averages more like 20/gm.