[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McCaffrey traded to niners

Bobby Brown

1 hour ago, Montana is da Man said:

I love it for that reason.  They're all in on this season

Me as well… you have teams that don’t try anything. I’ll take the one who is making moves to go for it. CMac is a game changer and a headache for defenses when he is healthy which he has been thus far this season. Can’t wait to see how the new shiny toy turns out. And gotta think he loves being back in his old stomping ground with a little something to prove and show everyone he’s still the top alpha. :yay:

3 hours ago, Sunday Couch Potatoe said:

Me as well… you have teams that don’t try anything. I’ll take the one who is making moves to go for it. CMac is a game changer and a headache for defenses when he is healthy which he has been thus far this season. Can’t wait to see how the new shiny toy turns out. And gotta think he loves being back in his old stomping ground with a little something to prove and show everyone he’s still the top alpha. :yay:

I'll be glued to my TV on Sunday

1 minute ago, No Quarter said:

I saw that, but damn. If he gets on a plane today, finds the stadium and gets his gear tomorrow, and then tries to play Sunday? The ink will still be wet on his Jersey! 😂 I will probably start him but it’s a tough call. 

Why? He's in football shape, it's not like he's been sitting for months. He's practiced and played every game. And he's had that playbook since yesterday. He's fine 

He's on the pine in my league, as he was in week 5. That owner also has Fournette and Henry (all keepers, even though we only start 2RB and no flex). Wow this guy actually sat Fournette and CMC in week 5 (start Henry and Jamaal Williams) and still won with those 40 pts from those 2 on his bench. 

40 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Why? He's in football shape, it's not like he's been sitting for months. He's practiced and played every game. And he's had that playbook since yesterday. He's fine 

So you’re saying if he reads the play book on the airplane, he will be go to go? I hope you are right! 

2 minutes ago, No Quarter said:

So you’re saying if he reads the play book on the airplane, he will be go to go? I hope you are right! 

It's not like they play tonight. It's a 4:25 Sunday game and he's had the playbook since last night. He doesn't have to learn everything by Sunday, just a handful of packages. I don't think that's asking much. 

4 minutes ago, No Quarter said:

Its just a guess, he really doesn't know any more than you or I. 

This is more useful information 

5 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

I have read something stating he is going to be involved in goal line packages 

I doubt he gets anything close to a normal workload. Its not a must start situation. 

• Like 1

Yea.  Does he even get a practice or walkthrough in with the team?  He's going to pick up all the the nuances, blitz packages, and running routes in the next 48 hours or so?

Thinking he will get close to his eventual workload sounds like hot take wishful thinking.  

1 minute ago, Bobby Brown said:

Yea.  Does he even get a practice or walkthrough in with the team?  He's going to pick up all the the nuances, blitz packages, and running routes in the next 48 hours or so?

Thinking he will get close to his eventual workload sounds like hot take wishful thinking.  

I think they have a walkthrough on Saturday 

54 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

I was listening to a shanny presser... he was saying this.  While a quick learner, he doesn't now the schemes and terminology yet.

I would not be surprised to see him get some action... come in with maybe 5 of his favorite plays and have kyle name them.  probably would not be very effective on audibles and blocking scheme adjustements.

2 hours ago, No Quarter said:

I saw that, but damn. If he gets on a plane today, finds the stadium and gets his gear tomorrow, and then tries to play Sunday? The ink will still be wet on his Jersey! 😂 I will probably start him but it’s a tough call. 

He is already there, he landed in the bay area today

8 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

I was listening to a shanny presser... he was saying this.  While a quick learner, he doesn't now the schemes and terminology yet.

I would not be surprised to see him get some action... come in with maybe 5 of his favorite plays and have kyle name them.  probably would not be very effective on audibles and blocking scheme adjustements.

Yea...because that makes sense. Some limited snaps Sunday, more like 50% snap count second game and then onward.

15 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

He's been at practice and they will definitely have some plays drawn up for him that he likes and work to his strengths. I think he'll have use this weekend and if nothing else, would make for a great decoy that they could play off of. For instance, when he is in the game, the opposing defense would assume it's a play design for him, considering his possible limitations with audibles and blitz pickups or blocking schemes, and then they play fake off of CMC for possible quick hitters and such. 

Edited by irish
  • Like 1