[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McCaffrey traded to niners

Bobby Brown

• DMD changed the title to McCaffrey trades to niners
40 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

That doesn't sound that bad to me. The 4th and 5th rounders...whatever. A second and a third ok that is something but McCaffrey is very good and should be for a few more years. 

It's a lot of draft capital for a position that is rarely picked in the first round anymore.  You can get elite RB talent in the 2nd round of the NFL draft under cap friendly contracts.  Granted, McCaffrey is a known value.

Edited by Bobby Brown

• Big John changed the title to McCaffrey traded to niners
33 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

As a 49ers fan I'd feel really good about it if I had confidence he wouldn't be injured by week 8

13 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I’m mixed on this.  High talent, but have gone through a lot of injuries (and to rbs)

Agreed.  The shelf life on RBs is just not good these days and he hits the trending cliff age next year. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

It's a lot of draft capital for a position that is rarely picked in the first round anymore.  You can get elite RB talent in the 2nd round of the NFL draft under cap friendly contracts.  Granted, McCaffrey is a known value.

It's definitely something, but I guess it ends up being a duo of mid and late 2nd round picks if you believe in draft value rankings, which doesn't seem too bad to me. I'd be mostly concerned about how long they feel he would hold up. He is 26 and 4 months. 

Edited by purplemonster

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

They have a decent amount of compensatory picks from lost poc assistants

I have McCaffery, Foreman, Jeff Wilson and Breece Hall on one team.  Obviously Wilson's starter value will vanish after week 7 as he morphs into a handcuff.  hopefully, Foreman's surges. But this week do you play Wilson or CMC or bench the two of them?

Niners remaining 2023 Draft Picks 

For 2023 their highest pick will be in the third round. They still have two compensatory picks for losing coaches Robert Saleh, Martin Mayhew, and Mike McDaniel, but have traded away their original third rounder.

2023 NFL Draft

3rd round (2 picks)
5th-Round (2 picks)
6th-Round (1 pick)
7th-Round (4 picks)

This trade and the trade to move up for Trey Lance have depleted their draft capital, but they’re going for it, much like the Los Angeles Rams have the last few years. We’ll see how it turns out in the end.        -Draft Kings Nation 

Edited by League_Champion

9 hours ago, squirrelmastr21 said:

Foreman

He was scooped up in my league around midnight. I saw the news this morning and am considering adding Hubbard to my very crappy RB room.

I was reading some analysis on Fantasy impact of the trade, expect more TDs and not as many receptions from McCaffery. 

As for real football, just how much better does this make the 49ers? Nobody in the division is standing out, with three of them at 3-3 and Cards at 2-4. 

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

I have McCaffery, Foreman, Jeff Wilson and Breece Hall on one team.  Obviously Wilson's starter value will vanish after week 7 as he morphs into a handcuff.  hopefully, Foreman's surges. But this week do you play Wilson or CMC or bench the two of them?

I can't see CMC being an effective start this week. You'll see me benching him, at least that's the plan.

• Like 1