[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hock To The Vikings

League_Champion

15 hours ago, League_Champion said:

No excuses for Cousins, he's got everything he needs now. 

That's the problem. Cousins is still Cousins. I would like to see Aaron Roger's in a Viking uniform similar to Brett Farve. 

Edited by gijoerock
Updated

42 minutes ago, loaf said:

Vikes targeted Smith 33 times in 7 weeks...I'm not overly enthusiastic about this move for Hock...

Maybe because Smith is a steaming pile of garbage.  He is no Hockenson.  I wouldn't use that stat to evaluate Hockenson's potential on that offense.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 12:17 PM, Jaxfactor904 said:

As a JJ owner I don’t like this at all.

I can't say I know for sure how this affects everyone but I guess I am not sure it hurts JJ, particularly in the red zone. He has been bracketed a lot in the red zone and TD production has been down and having Hockenson may make that a bit harder. In general I think this opens up the offense both with running and passing, and JJ is still the first look, so hey may not be much affected. I would expect maybe more hit to Thielen. Cook shouldn't be hugely affected either I don't think. He may have less receptions but his running should be opened up too

3 hours ago, darin3 said:

Maybe because Smith is a steaming pile of garbage.  He is no Hockenson.  I wouldn't use that stat to evaluate Hockenson's potential on that offense.

For sure.  Vikings didn't trade 3-4 draft picks for Hockenson to be an in kind replacement to Irv Smith Jr.

Hockenson was the 8th overall draft pick in his draft class and for whatever reason he was somewhat a disappointment in Detroit.  But nothing about his pass catching, blocking, RAC ability made him seem like a bad pick or a bust. Even with Detroit's (the really bad word)ery, he was still a top 5ish/6ish fantasy TE in Detroit over the last two years. 

Hock should have always been used as a weapon that could mirror Mark Andrews/George Kittle/Darren Waller type expectations in fantasy.  I get Jefferson, Thielen, and Osborn aren't mincemeat for target share in Minnesota.  But, Hock can easily become the #3 option and potentially make Thielen a 2a/2b instead of the de facto #2.

Targets share was good with Hock at Detroit; but efficiency on those targets was absolutely terrible.  That was because of Goff and the system IMHO.  

Cousins made Kyle Rudolph fantasy relevant, mostly due to red zone targets and TDs. The floor for Hockenson seems pretty high with his new team. Ceiling on his ability has always been there.  

ETA:  With all this said, in my local I have Gerald Everett as the backup TE and may start him this weekend over Hockenson.  

Edited by Bobby Brown

3 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

For sure.  Vikings didn't trade 3-4 draft picks for Hockenson to be an in kind replacement to Irv Smith Jr.

Hockenson was the 8th overall draft pick in his draft class and for whatever reason he was somewhat a disappointment in Detroit.  But nothing about his pass catching, blocking, RAC ability made him seem like a bad pick or a bust. Even with Detroit's (the really bad word)ery, he was still a top 5ish/6ish fantasy TE in Detroit over the last two years. 

Hock should have always been used as a weapon that could mirror Mark Andrews/George Kittle/Darren Waller type expectations in fantasy.  I get Jefferson, Thielen, and Osborn aren't mincemeat for target share in Minnesota.  But, Hock can easily become the #3 option and potentially make Thielen a 2a/2b instead of the de facto #2.

Targets share was good with Hock at Detroit; but efficiency on those targets was absolutely terrible.  That was because of Goff and the system IMHO.  

Cousins made Kyle Rudolph fantasy relevant, mostly due to red zone targets and TDs. The floor for Hockenson seems pretty high with his new team. Ceiling on his ability has always been there.  

ETA:  With all this said, in my local I have Gerald Everett as the backup TE and may start him this weekend over Hockenson.  

Ah, the ever so cleverly-veiled WDIS question edited into the end of all that post. I like it and concur with able- minded assessment. 

6 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

I agree, the Vikings spend a lot of time in the red zone and his target shares should go up a quite bit. Cousins hasn't done a great job getting his TEs involved but it's also been a while since he's had a good one. I think it's a great pickup for Minnesota, he just has to stay healthy. 

He had 9 or more receptions exactly once in his career prior to that game (vs PHI in 2021).  He averaged about 6.1 targets/game in his time with the Lions

He caught every pass thrown his way, that won't happen every week but he is going to rack up the points with MIN. 

one minor thing to note...2 of his 9 catches were screen attempts that went poorly for negative yds.  i think that could easily be attributed to lack of practice and  work better in the future with more time with the team and especially  timing with the off line

Edited by BillyBalata

4 hours ago, BillyBalata said:

one minor thing to note...2 of his 9 catches were screen attempts that went poorly for negative yds.  i think that could easily be attributed to lack of practice and  work better in the future with more time with the team and especially  timing with the off line

The Redskins D was actually looking pretty good. They may be a bit underrated so far. But for sure, the Vikes seem to like their new toy, this bodes well for Hock owners 

He should make a nice impact over the next 4 weeks. With Buffalo, Dallas, NE, and NYJ, they are all capable of diffusing a team's best wide out. In Week 14, he goes up against the Lions in Detroit. I see him and Goedert fighting it out as TE2 when the season's over, at worst case, they are 3/4 if Andrews comes back and does his thing. 

• Like 1