[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rate your performance as a 2022 GM

Dcat

Rate your reg season performance as a 2022 GM  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the regular season is over or almost over for most, rate your "overall" GM performance this season:

• I did great - better than usual
    • average - middle of road - not championship caliber
    • I sucked at this in 2022. Opponents feasted on my corpse.
    • I'll place 100% of the blame for sucking on injuries - I'm not accountable

1 hour ago, irish said:

One of 2 issues happening with Big John- he's responding and reacting way too soon after a rough season or his heart just isn't in it anymore. 

Could also be a bad season for his Packers. I know that if one of my two is doing good it makes the other sucking a lot easier. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Riffraff said:

And currently in 7th place for the Huddle MBL2.

Yeah.  I started the season out OK, but fizzled.  I took some home-run swings that just didn't pan out.   Hurts has obviously been great, and the Stevenson/Mixon combo at RB has been OK.  WRs haven't been great, and lost Kupp.  My TEs have been pretty bad (Pitts bust). I'm not a huge fan of best ball, to be quite honest.  I think part of the "skill" is in-season pickups, playing matchups, and trades.  I do love to draft so I'll always partake in best ball leagues, but I'm not great at them.

Just for fun I went back to look at players I was targeting and you can see it is a bit of a mixed bag. Pitts was a huge miss, luckily I never drafted him but I would have. Pittman I took has largely been a bust. Eli Moore was a bust, bit of an odd season there. Chase was a hit, AJB was a big hit, as was Amon-Ra, Juju pretty good.  Etienne a winner as well as Pierce who I was targeting. Drafts are tough, probably a bit like NFL drafts, you hit on some and miss on some. I had good luck on the WW, getting Foreman/Schultz/Frieirmuth (not sure why those guys were dropped)/Christian Watson and in another league Pacheco. Still it helps to get lucky.  

I would like to get Pitts, and Pittman, I think Pittman will be crushing it with Matt Ryan throwing to him. I did a mock between Pitts and Mark Andrews and I picked Pitts but thinking about it more I agree that Andrews is probably the better choice. Mariota throwing to someone is probably more dicey.

Elijah Moore from the Jets

I am taking Chase frequently later in the first round rather than a RB, I think Chase is going to monster levels this year

I think AJ Brown is getting discounted too much as well, even with Hurts. Maybe the same with Breece Hall, he is going for a discount because he's on a bad team but I have a hard time seeing how he comes off that field.

Amon-Ra if he is cheap enough. 

Juju SS: I think he's being undervalued

oh yeah, and Etienne, I am grabbing him early if needed 

one problem I have is with the Broncos, not sure what to do with Jerry Judy and Sutton. Or if either or both is better than Amon-Ra 

Edited by purplemonster

54 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Just for fun I went back to look at players I was targeting and you can see it is a bit of a mixed bag. Pitts was a huge miss, luckily I never drafted him but I would have. Pittman I took has largely been a bust. Eli Moore was a bust, bit of an odd season there. Chase was a hit, AJB was a big hit, as was Amon-Ra, Juju pretty good.  Etienne a winner as well as Pierce who I was targeting. Drafts are tough, probably a bit like NFL drafts, you hit on some and miss on some. I had good luck on the WW, getting Foreman/Schultz/Frieirmuth (not sure why those guys were dropped)/Christian Watson and in another league Pacheco. Still it helps to get lucky.  

I would like to get Pitts, and Pittman, I think Pittman will be crushing it with Matt Ryan throwing to him. I did a mock between Pitts and Mark Andrews and I picked Pitts but thinking about it more I agree that Andrews is probably the better choice. Mariota throwing to someone is probably more dicey.

Elijah Moore from the Jets

I am taking Chase frequently later in the first round rather than a RB, I think Chase is going to monster levels this year

I think AJ Brown is getting discounted too much as well, even with Hurts. Maybe the same with Breece Hall, he is going for a discount because he's on a bad team but I have a hard time seeing how he comes off that field.

Amon-Ra if he is cheap enough. 

Juju SS: I think he's being undervalued

oh yeah, and Etienne, I am grabbing him early if needed 

one problem I have is with the Broncos, not sure what to do with Jerry Judy and Sutton. Or if either or both is better than Amon-Ra 

I am so so bitter about Pitts.  I still think he will pan out in the end, possibly after a jet engine falls out of the sky and squishes Mariotta.

I am in first place this year (now that I've made that public I'll take last in the playoffs) and won last year.  The prior year I was tenth.  Got me curious and I looked at patterns:  1st, mid, 9th+, 1st, mid, 9th+, 1st....  still first this time

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

I kept waiting and waiting for Mixon to bust out. A huge miscalculation that hurt me in a couple leagues. 

My opponent had Mixon, Burrow and Chase, I was afraid that game would kill me, so I was happy that the Bengals were stifled early. I was lucky to have added McKinnon recently and plugged him in. Or else I would have lost by 40 not just 20.  CBS had projected a very even 87-87 score, I lost 102-81

• 2 weeks later...

From a success standpoint, no championships. I am sure some people here have won multiple this year, and are the best fantasy players ever to grace this board. Thank you for allowing me to be in your presence.

From a cash outlay and return, it will be a moderate success but really close to a wash. Purely average.

I opened my mouth stupidily.  I ran 1st place for the entire back half of the season.  Then lost to the 4th seed, who barely made it week to week.  This weekend my son and I were competing for 3rd place.  I crushed him and now he's all pissed off.  That's kind of a lose/lose for me.  

made 5/6 playoffs.

i had two high scoring teams by large margins: one got knocked out in the first round thanks to zay. the other is about to lose a championship due to the 2 pts from JJ, 8 pts from waddle, and 8 pts from fournette..opponent had big day from cooper which is the the point differential going into MNF (i have burrow, he has allen)

won a FFPC league

4th in a FFPC league

anemic output by a strong, injured (inconsistent RBs)dynasty in round 1

• Thanks 1

I got bounced in the first round of playoffs after barely getting in. But now I see that my usual line-up I used in most games late in the season (Geno, Jacobs, McKinnon, Adams, Cooper, Pittman, Hunter Henry, KC defense, Carlson) they scored 136 points this week. Well above my weekly average (91) and my paltry 80 points that cost me the playoff game or any total of a game this week.  :(   Not sure I would have scored enough to advance last week though. 

Like they say, just need to make the playoffs.