[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tom Brady Retiring, for real this time.

League_Champion

Purple….

early on, Brady was not asked to do much. He was not required to pass/score a lot for the tram to win. D/st was scoring for them. 

come on now. You know what happens when an offense must be 1 dimensional (Indy)

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Peyton Manning had a passer rating of 77.4 with 1,001 yards, 3 touchdowns and 5 interceptions in 4 games in Super Bowls in his career.

Do you remember seattle’s formula that crushed the high powered Broncos?

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

You gotta be kidding  😂

Manning, amazing NFL QB and certainly top 5 IMO but the GOAT, hell no! I'd put your boy Montana over Manning. 

Eli was the better Superbowl QB, is he there as well?? 

So... do you believe eli is better than peyton?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Manning, amazing NFL QB and certainly top 5 IMO but the GOAT, hell no! I'd put your boy Montana over Manning. 

Manning, brady, montana are my top three and we can make arguments for all of them as #1

21 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

The Patriots have an average offensive ranking of 5.5 in their six championship seasons, with an average defensive ranking of 4.3. However, with a p-value of 0.54, we are unable to conclude from this data whether the Patriots’ offense or defense deserves more credit for their six Super Bowl titles.

After removing the Patriots from the Super Bowl winner data, the average offensive ranking of teams increases from 8.4 to 9.4. This means that the Patriots, in their championship seasons, generally had a higher ranked offense than other Super Bowl winners in the past 20 years. 

Their offensive ranking for the season has as much to do with their cupcake division as anything.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

I can't argue with your top 3, it's solid. I just don't see any scenario imaginable where Brady isn't #1. 

How much of the burden the qb carries factors into it for me. Manning and Montana were asked to do more earlier. Sf did not have much of a running game and Walsh enhanced what he learned in Cincy and developed the wco. 

Montana and Brady benefited from excellent defenses. 

Manning had better offensive pieces (earlier)

• Like 1

Going away from stats for a minute and going on gut, my feeling was that at their peaks Manning was as good as anyone, and maybe better than Brady marginally for all I know. Its for the whole corpus of work I just can't see unseating Brady, even with the good D and easy division, he was so clutch. So many of those teams had rags and he made them studs or at least squeezed more out of them than you thought possible. They did jack everywhere else. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Did you see how many 4th QT come from behind games he's had? That kinda blows that theory up. 

you are not connecting the dots.... he was not having to score a lot of points.  he was great at moving the ball into fg range. the defense kept them in enough for him to do that.

Just now, League_Champion said:

You're all over the place. 

I think i have been pretty concise and coherent. there are a lot of factors that go into assessing a qb. you are going by 4th quarter comebacks and SB wins.  there is more that go into how these qbs operate imo. 

you are also forgetting that most of my "criticism" is related to his early years and NEP's early success.

20 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Did you see how many 4th QT come from behind games he's had? That kinda blows that theory up

It doesn't at all.   Wilson was racking up 4th QB comebacks at very high pace early in his career, setting pace records in that stat.  A lot of it was because Seattle played ball control offense, with a good defense, and they didn't routinely put up a lot of points. 

I'm with Bier, you talk about football a lot more than you've actually watched it. 

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

It doesn't at all.   Wilson was racking up 4th QB comebacks at very high pace early in his career, setting pace records in that stat.  A lot of it was because Seattle played ball control offense, with a good defense, and they didn't routinely put up a lot of points. 

I'm with Bier, you talk about football a more than you've actually watched it. 

So who's your GOAT RussBoy? 

47 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

Sorry I went beyond your attention span capacity. There are medications for ADD, perhaps give them a try?

C'mon, you don't find that in the least bit funny / hypocritical?

Why does everything have to turn into a pissing match around here?  You said you were keeping it short and went on to type 7 paragraphs, man.  

I thought it was funny.  Maybe you should pop some additional Metamucil.  :) 

• Haha 2