[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tom Brady Retiring, for real this time.

League_Champion

18 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Nobody really cares anymore. Should have stayed retired the first time.

Or retired after winning the SB in TB instead of thinking he could repeat that. 

I'm hoping he decides to stay out of broadcasting, otherwise he's already been inked to a contract by Fox to take over the #1 analyst job (replacing Greg Olsen) for their biggest game every week. Even if he's really good at it, just tired of the guy and never really cared for him and know I'm not alone there. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Still kind of shocked that he went out like that. I didn't think his ego would let it happen after the way it ended. 

Brady's last season is a prime example of how far ego will get you. A broken 13yr marriage and a miserably failed attempt at one last taste of glory that made no matter to anyone but himself. His hubris is ultimately his downfall.

What an idiot!  Retires and then unretires just to be a loser all around.  

3 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Nobody really cares anymore. Should have stayed retired the first time.

Thoroughly agree here, enough already, let's keep a proper perspective on things like this.  There's already way too much emphasis and focus placed on sports in general, let alone a singular figure, it's way out of proportion to real world issues.  And this is coming from a rabid sports fan.

Brady's last season is a prime example of how far ego will get you. A broken 13yr marriage and a miserably failed attempt at one last taste of glory that made no matter to anyone but himself. His hubris is ultimately his downfall.

Yup. He could of went out like a Pimp but went out like a Trick. 

19 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Yup. He could of went out like a Pimp but went out like a Trick. 

LOL.

It's funny (not haha funny), but I know guys who are talking about how "hard" Brady had it this year, dealing with personal issues, as well as his declining skills. Some actually have sympathy for him, and others are saying how difficult it will be for him to move on to the next phase of his life without football.

And they are SERIOUS?

I don't know about you, but I think most of us would sign up for Brady's version of a "hard time" right here and now.  Give me an effing break. I'm not without compassion and sympathy, provided it is well placed and earned.  Tom Brady, or any of these egocentric sports figures, do not merit either.  I get that going through a divorce is difficult on anyone, but I'd much rather go through it with the kind of support (of all kinds) that Brady has, than what the majority of us regular folk have.

I'm supposed to feel sorry for a guy that has essentially been coddled and admired for the majority of his life?  Has more money than he knows how to spend it.  And has ultimately traded in an older "model" woman for a newer version, regardless of who initiated it? Don't even get me started on this.  The absolute last thing worrying me is what will poor Tom Brady do now without football.

I also don't like the timing of this announcement, as I find it selfish on his part doing it prior to the Super Bowl, and also coinciding with the release of the stupid movie he took part in.  NOTHING these egotists do isn't calculated, no matter how hard they try to make it appear off the cuff.

Edited by Running With Daboll

Yeah pretty much where I stand.  I mean, the stats and sustained greatness are awesome and all, but he should have just retired after the Tampa SB win and spent time with his family.

6 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

I don't know about you, but I think most of us would sign up for Brady's version of a "hard time" right here and now.

I agree, but Tommy's never complained about his situation. It's tough for anyone to go through, I don't care who you are. 

There's a few in here that hate Brady for other reasons, but how can you hate on Brady for what he's accomplished in the NFL? He's had mind blowing success that will never be duplicated. We've had the honor of watching a master at his craft.

You go Tommy Boy! Thanks for the memories. Patriots still suck!!!! 

• Like 1

I really like Greg Olsen in the booth a lot. Got a high pitched voice , but aside from that , I think he is a great commentator. I hope Tom doesnt replace him. I thought Brady would hang on one last year with a contender that may be a qb away like the Jets or maybe the niners . He owes the game nothing. Hes the GOAT. I dont think the last season ended his marriage. I think it was a culmination of things and maybe it was the last straw of a marriage that would have eventually ended anyway  . Enjoy retirement and thanks for the memories . Guy was a pleasure to watch for many many years and that Tampa SB was the mike drop 

Edited by whomper
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, whomper said:

I really like Greg Olsen in the booth a lot. Got a high pitched voice , but aside from that , I think he is a great commentator. 

I agree; I like Olsen.  Maybe Olsen doesn't get the #1 job anymore but they pair him with someone else, since it sounds like Brady will be the #1 with his $300MM contract.

11 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I agree; I like Olsen.  Maybe Olsen doesn't get the #1 job anymore but they pair him with someone else, since it sounds like Brady will be the #1 with his $300MM contract.

Yes the networks have their broadcast team pecking order, Olsen will simply move down to another team. I think the #2 team is Joe Davis and Daryl Johnston. Not sure he'll replace moose there but maybe he replaces somebody else. 

Regarding his marriage, not sure it would have survived just because he would have stayed retired last year. I was reading some stuff about their past and it mentioned how she chastised him once after speaking about politics, then he quit doing it, And also didn't go to the WH after they won the SB in TB. 

Maybe they had issues there, or he just didn't like being told what to do. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Regarding his marriage, not sure it would have survived just because he would have stayed retired last year. I was reading some stuff about their past and it mentioned how she chastised him once after speaking about politics, then he quit doing it, And also didn't go to the WH after they won the SB in TB. 

Maybe they had issues there, or he just didn't like being told what to do. 

Relationships are tough you never know the full story. Sure it seems like him reneging on retirement was what caused the divorce but I'm sure it is a lot more complicated than that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, purplemonster said:

Relationships are tough you never know the full story. Sure it seems like him reneging on retirement was what caused the divorce but I'm sure it is a lot more complicated than that. 

From what I read (and not TMZ), their marriage was already on the rocks several years ago and I think his un-retirement was the straw that broke the camel's back.  Anyways, not really football-related so probably shouldn't even warrant further conversation.  Just thought I'd add that I read that on a reputable site.  Don't recall where/when but I do remember.

I am not sure that I ever hated him, just thought he was  overrated early in his career (felt the same about Rapelessburger) due to amazing defense, special teams and running game.

He has benefited from more than a handful of "bounces" in tight, meaningful games but is truly a great QB and created many opportunities himself.  In general, the game was better for having him in it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

I am not sure that I ever hated him, just thought he was  overrated early in his career (felt the same about Rapelessburger) due to amazing defense, special teams and running game.

He has benefited from more than a handful of "bounces" in tight, meaningful games but is truly a great QB and created many opportunities himself.  In general, the game was better for having him in it.

I'll never forget this one.

SaintsPatriotsGaletteHolding.jpg.db168d3aa2751fa9488c853b9af99795.jpg