[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Other" off-season tidbits

darin3

Chuck Clark going to Jets

Jets were thin at safety, and seems like a nothing-burger to give up in order to get a player of Clark's caliber.

@Dcat what are your thoughts on this?

The Jets' D was solid on the front end, now it just got a bit better on the back end.

--------------

Feel free to post other random tidbits, etc., that may not be of the more "groundbreaking" variety here!  :D

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Eagles give Slay permission to seek a trade. 

Losing Slay and Bradberry would be disaster for the Eagles secondary.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/10/report-eagles-give-darius-slay-permission-to-seek-trade/

I read they may let CJ Gardner-Johnson walk as well.

8 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Eagles give Slay permission to seek a trade. 

Losing Slay and Bradberry would be disaster for the Eagles secondary.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/10/report-eagles-give-darius-slay-permission-to-seek-trade/

That site later said he was not the one seeking the trade.

19 hours ago, Big John said:

Texans forfeit a 5th-round pick for a salary-cap situation involving Watson.

That seems like more fallout from the claims of abuse by massage therapists, since it came out in the investigation that the team had provided him with this benefit (a room at the Houstonian) 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/texans-forfeit-nfl-draft-pick-fined-175000-after-salary-cap-reporting-violation-involving-deshaun-watson/

2 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Carolina

Oh... yeah... after they missed out on the Carr sweepstakes I could certainly see that happening.

The Rams are going to be a MESS.  I am so glad I flipped Kupp in one of my dynasties.  

52 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Oh... yeah... after they missed out on the Carr sweepstakes I could certainly see that happening.

The Rams are going to be a MESS.  I am so glad I flipped Kupp in one of my dynasties.  

:kicksrock:

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

Well now with CAR picking a QB at 1.01 this is not happening.

On 3/9/2023 at 2:43 PM, darin3 said:

Chuck Clark going to Jets

Jets were thin at safety, and seems like a nothing-burger to give up in order to get a player of Clark's caliber.

@Dcat what are your thoughts on this?

The Jets' D was solid on the front end, now it just got a bit better on the back end.

Very pleased and I like what I'm hearing from my trustworthy long-time Ravens' fan online buddies:

[QUOTE=Shrubbs;2458606]  Better person than player. I'd consider him an average starter. He's athletically limited, not the fastest but makes up for it with good instincts. Has experience being the on-the-field coach of the defense with green dot duties. Super heady guy. And he will lay the wood. Definitely his best attribute is his willingness to be physical. Don't expect him one on one vs slot receivers or running backs.
Quality player, definitely not a star. But every roster has guys like that on it that are important.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=GOTA;2458670] Clark is a classic Strong Safety. He's a great leader and very smart. Clark wore the green dot for the Ravens after Mosley signed with you guys. Clark is not the most athletic guy but is a real hard hitter and always plays balls to the wall. Clark is a lot closer to Jordan Whitehead than Lamarcus Joyner. I don't think he fills that hole at Free Safety the Jets have. I think he's going to compete against Whitehead. He's been a much better run stopper than Whitehead and they both mediocre in pass coverage. [/QUOTE]

• Like 1