[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Other" off-season tidbits

darin3

On 3/14/2023 at 10:03 PM, League_Champion said:

this is huge.  Monty & Swift will split this backfield?  Not so good for either owner b/c we already saw Jamaal Williams eat into Swift.  I can Swift owners bailing on keeping him if they can.  

So weird for long-time FF managers to see Monty and Sanders on new teams.  It's very interesting evaluating their respective values now.  I prefer Monty to Swift, but I'm no OC.  Goff has himself some A-grade offensive weapons.  And if Jameson Williams explodes, that will be a pretty scary offense, notwithstanding Goff's inconsistencies.

Edited by Dcat

22 minutes ago, Dcat said:

this is huge.  Monty & Swift will split this backfield?  Not so good for either owner b/c we already saw Jamaal Williams eat into Swift.  I can Swift owners bailing on keeping him if they can.  

Yes and no, while it means neither will be a top 5-10 back, Williams and Swift finished 13th and 21st in rb scoring (ppr) last year.  More then respectable rb2 with upside. 

Obviously there is enough work, and idk if you ever thought Swift was a top tier rb1, but for his career he has been 1000 total yards 50 rec and 9tds per season.  So this isnt really moving the needle either way for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

A healthy Thomas will be great for Olave owners as well.  Would love to see it.  But I will never be drafting Michael Thomas in a fantasy draft again.  Burned a sufficient number of times.

Unfortunately I have him in dynasty. Can't trade him for anything decent & can't cut him.

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Sam Darnold is the new Ryan Fitzpatrick, except he hasn't won anything yet. 

What's the over/under on the # of NFL teams Darnold will have played on by the time he hangs it up?  I say he will rival Fitz.

Wow Fitz has played for 9 NFL teams, over 1/4 of the league. 

The 49ers make it 3 for Darnold, Baker Mayfield is already at 4 with his signing in TB, and he spent one more season with the team that drafted him. 

• Like 1

I can't even keep track of Baker Mayfield anymore, I think he's on his 3rd team in a year, right. I am still trying to digest all the free agency changes, the RB landscape is hard to figure right now. The Monty one to Detroit is tough to know, he could essentially be their main back, but I think Swift is still probably a decent RB2. Jamaal Williams could have some sneaky value for the Saints. If I have to pick an offense I really like though, I think that goes to the Jags. 

22 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I can't even keep track of Baker Mayfield anymore, I think he's on his 3rd team in a year, right. I am still trying to digest all the free agency changes, the RB landscape is hard to figure right now. The Monty one to Detroit is tough to know, he could essentially be their main back, but I think Swift is still probably a decent RB2. Jamaal Williams could have some sneaky value for the Saints. If I have to pick an offense I really like though, I think that goes to the Jags. 

Technically now Baker's 4th team within one year as he was traded by the Browns in July of last year. 

12 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Technically now Baker's 4th team within one year as he was traded by the Browns in July of last year. 

I'm shocked that teams still view him as a starter. I do think this is a great opportunity for him, he's got some really nice weapons in TB. Hopefully he puts it all together this time. 

23 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I'm shocked that teams still view him as a starter. I do think this is a great opportunity for him, he's got some really nice weapons in TB. Hopefully he puts it all together this time. 

Wait you want him to succeed?  But that would mean Baker doesn't stink? 

2 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

I wonder if Jamal Adams gets cut with this signing. If so that will turn out to be an absolutely horrible trade and signing.

Two 1sts and a 3rd and 38 million for minimal production, can't imagine Seahawks fans are very happy

Edited by purplemonster

On 3/15/2023 at 6:13 PM, rajncajn said:

Saints pick up Jamal Williams. Like this deal. Gives them some breathing room in prep for a Kamara suspension. I still hope we find a successor in the draft. 

Don't really like quoting myself, but after watching his press conference and this video I am an instant fan. Dude has energy & heart to spare. Saints fans already love the guy and he's only been there 2 days. Can't wait to see him and Taysom (his QB at BYU) line up in a goal-line package.

Edit: For those of you not knowing what I'm talking about, this is Michael Irvin and the Marriott harassment video 

I see nothing here that should get a guy fired. Even if he said some inappropriate things, which is up for question anyway, I am having trouble seeing how anyone should get fired. 

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiigFodHRwczovL3d3dy5zaS5jb20vbmZsL2Nvd2JveXMvbmV3cy9taWNoYWVsLWlydmluLXJlbGVhc2UtdmlkZW8tbWFycmlvdHQtbGF3c3VpdC1kaXNtaXNzZWQtZGFsbGFzLWNvd2JveXMtZHJhZnQtamFsZW4tY2FydGVyLWdlb3JnaWEtcnVtb3LSAY8BaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuc2kuY29tL25mbC9jb3dib3lzLy5hbXAvbmV3cy9taWNoYWVsLWlydmluLXJlbGVhc2UtdmlkZW8tbWFycmlvdHQtbGF3c3VpdC1kaXNtaXNzZWQtZGFsbGFzLWNvd2JveXMtZHJhZnQtamFsZW4tY2FydGVyLWdlb3JnaWEtcnVtb3I?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Edited by purplemonster