[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Other" off-season tidbits

darin3

22 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I see nothing here that should get a guy fired. Even if he said some inappropriate things, which is up for question anyway, I am having trouble seeing how anyone should get fired

I think with how quickly everyone tries to get the "news" out organizations that live in PR tend to act first and ask for facts later.   They don't want to be seen as associates of a problem.   

imo, There has also been a huge increase in the assumption of guilt, and I think a large part of that is the result of juries And video. We have all seen videos where we would have found someone guilty and yet they are exonerated in a court of law, so we watch videos make up our own mind and move on holding onto that thought. 

So the next time you see a older male a little close to an attractive young female you start to make assumptions.  Then something close pops up in the news and we think, oh no not again, and we have already convicted them without a word.

Apologies if I may have missed someone posting this, but I just read that Samaje Perine is now a Bronco.

I thought two things based on this:

1)  Could be a cheap early-season option as a RB2/Flex (with upside for more) if Javonte Williams isn't fully healthy by the start of the season.  The Broncos look like they will run the ball a bit and Perine looked more than OK filling in for Joe Mixon on the Bungles.

2)  This opens up Trayveon Williams to be the new Samaje Perine for Cincy, and I believe Mixon's in his final contract year.

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

Apologies if I may have missed someone posting this, but I just read that Samaje Perine is now a Bronco.

I thought two things based on this:

1)  Could be a cheap early-season option as a RB2/Flex (with upside for more) if Javonte Williams isn't fully healthy by the start of the season.  The Broncos look like they will run the ball a bit and Perine looked more than OK filling in for Joe Mixon on the Bungles.

2)  This opens up Trayveon Williams to be the new Samaje Perine for Cincy, and I believe Mixon's in his final contract year.

Cincy will probably draft a RB this year, somewhere in the first 2 rounds.

35 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Cincy will probably draft a RB this year, somewhere in the first 2 rounds.

Possibly.  Deep RB pool this year and Cincy can (and must) address other spots first.  Safety and OL being two of them.  

7 minutes ago, rebdog said:

It’s one year deal   I think Singletary is strictly a backup and no goal line threat to Pierce 

You're probably right.  Just worried about half and full PPR formats where Pierce's upside may be limited now with Singletary maybe getting 25-30% of the snaps.

Pierce never ran more than 106 times in any of his 4 years at Florida. He broke down after 220 and was on pace for 287 but had a high ankle sprain. Getting someone to share with makes sense for HOU. Plus HOU has ex SF coaches too that may not want to run any one player a lot. It's not Shanahan making decisions in HOU, but his pass game coordinator is the new OC. That SF offense hasn't ever had a RB with more than 207 carries in the last five years. HOU just had no other weapons to use last year and couldn't pass. Be interesting and I am not convinced it's just plug and play Pierce in the same manner as last year with different coaches, scheme and a team devoid of playmakers.

2 hours ago, 6kings said:

Looks like he saw a ghost!

382983F7-2454-4922-A097-358325455080.jpeg

That's hysterical.