[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Other" off-season tidbits

darin3

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

Mary Kay is a decent beat writer, she was pushing for the Browns to bring in Elijah Moore a few months ago.

Yes somebody who sent her a question for a column she does started off with congratulating her for calling the Moore trade well in advance. I've just felt that over the years she's a bit too much on the drama side of sports. She also rarely had big scoops about the team, always the same kind "league source" that others use. That isn't normal for a beat writer, they should be more plugged in than national guys like Schefter. 

24 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I've just felt that over the years she's a bit too much on the drama side of sports. She also rarely had big scoops about the team, always the same kind "league source" that others use. That isn't normal for a beat writer, they should be more plugged in than national guys like Schefter. 

She was spot on with the Baker Mayfield stuff though. She laid it out way before anyone else had it, and she was right. You're right though, she does seem to get caught up in the emotional stuff rather than breaking important team news. 

20 hours ago, League_Champion said:

6 Billion!!! 

This could be spun off into its own thread. Didn't know much about Harris and read a bit more(source Wikipedia). He and his partner in these sports ventures also recently bought a small stake in the Steelers (under 5%) and he also made an attempt to buy the Broncos which had him as majority owner.

The current group trying to buy the Commanders includes Magic Johnson. Harris is worth about $7B, another businessman in the group(Mitchell Rales) is worth $5.5B, Magic is only worth about $600M. 

Saw this in Huddle news

Miami Dolphins WR Tyreek Hill said on the Totally Offensive Podcast that he plans to play through the 2025 season and retire at 31.

So I checked his current contract with Dolphins, it goes thru the 2026 season, but probably would have gotten deal redone as it was heavily backloaded with a nearly $44M salary in the final year (the yearly average for the contract was 30M). Also indicates that his 2024 salary is already fully guaranteed. 

Tyreek has earned about $67M so far in his career, these next 3 seasons he plans to play would pay him about $70M (26-20-23). 

26 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Saw this in Huddle news

Miami Dolphins WR Tyreek Hill said on the Totally Offensive Podcast that he plans to play through the 2025 season and retire at 31.

So I checked his current contract with Dolphins, it goes thru the 2026 season, but probably would have gotten deal redone as it was heavily backloaded with a nearly $44M salary in the final year (the yearly average for the contract was 30M). Also indicates that his 2024 salary is already fully guaranteed. 

Tyreek has earned about $67M so far in his career, these next 3 seasons he plans to play would pay him about $70M (26-20-23). 

A non-story, but ok. 

15 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

screw you

Seriously, why tf are you still responding to him if this is the reaction?  

Really would be ok with getting rid of LC and anyone who continually responds to him in this way.  Ghost yard is preferred at this point.

You are all the same pile of stink feeding upon each others negativity.  It's so tiresome and childish.  Be adults, be better.   

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Def. said:

Seriously, why tf are you still responding to him if this is the reaction?  

Really would be ok with getting rid of LC and anyone who continually responds to him in this way.  Ghost yard is preferred at this point.

You are all the same pile of stink feeding upon each others negativity.  It's so tiresome and childish.  Be adults, be better.   

I've ignored and not responded to quite a few of his posts. 

I don't "continually respond like that". I've actually tried to have a rational discussion at times. Other times I just lash out, because there is no reasoning with him. 

24 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I've ignored and not responded to quite a few of his posts. 

I don't "continually respond like that". I've actually tried to have a rational discussion at times. Other times I just lash out, because there is no reasoning with him. 

Bullmanure.  As always, his and yours (as well as others) petty name-calling squabbles from the tailgate about (insert one of the two dumb ass sides here) has flown over to here, again.  You are as much a part of the problem as LC.  Please stop trying to make excuses.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1