[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Other" off-season tidbits

darin3

26 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Dallas wouldn't surprise me, either.  I would, however, be surprised, if he went to NE.  Just doesn't seem like a fit for Hopkins.  He's looking for a chance to win, and a chance to play with a top QB.  That's why I like KC or BUF better than DAL.  Their QB's are head and shoulders above Dak.  

There's another variable we haven't discussed, Hopkins' legacy. He's a great wide receiver, but not quite HOF level. 2-3 more years with at least one SB ring can change that outlook. I like the Bills or the Chiefs for him to put up good stats AND earn a SB ring. 

Edited by Shaft

Per ESPN’s Josh Weinfuss, the Baltimore Ravens, Buffalo Bills and New England Patriots were some of the clubs “reportedly interested in pursuing Hopkins,” leading up to his release from the Cardinals.

12 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Speaking of Raiders,  Saints may be continuing to pillage LV with rumors swirling of a post June 1st trade for Hunter Renfrow.

Yep, I saw that. As a Renfrow dynasty owner, I like it. Carr will then have two former Raiders in that offense.

53 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I saw on Twitter that he was spotted at the Philly airport a couple of days ago.  :shrug:  

Please no. 

On 5/31/2023 at 9:02 AM, darin3 said:

Hopkins was "officially" released (I guess it wasn't actually done yet), and he hired an agent to assist with finding him a new team.

Bills signed Leonard Floyd so it's now quite unlikely Hopkins is going to Buffalo.

32 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Bills signed Leonard Floyd so it's now quite unlikely Hopkins is going to Buffalo.

A little breathing room time to get Miller back?

I don't see the Chiefs in on Hopkins. They don't have the money right now to sign him AND they have some contracts they are working on or will need to work on in the next couple of years.

Plus, the word is Hopkins is one of those "don't practice during the week" guys, and that wouldn't fly in Andy Reid's system. The complexity of the offense required the guys to be there at practice every day.

Edited by Chief Dick

1 hour ago, Chief Dick said:

I don't see the Chiefs in on Hopkins. They don't have the money right now to sign him AND they have some contracts they are working on or will need to work on in the next couple of years.

Plus, the word is Hopkins is one of those "don't practice during the week" guys, and that wouldn't fly in Andy Reid's system. The complexity of the offense required the guys to be there at practice every day.

Have you been following the Hopkins thread on that "other board"?  There are some compelling arguments about the Chiefs' cap space and how they could quite easily move some chess pieces around financially speaking and be able to afford Hopkins.

That said, what you say about his practice availability is also a compelling thought.  Would he change his tune to be part of a winning organization like that, though?  Maybe.

I was reading this which has some information on what he might want in a contract. Also so reports that neither Giants nor Cowboys are likely to be serious players.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-rumors-deandre-hopkins-wants-151509463.html

The part about him not practicing hard will be an issue with many teams, some may care less. 

I saw a tweet about the Browns releasing some backup OT that saves them $2M as if that was some kind of indication they were going after Hopkins. 

Edited by stevegrab

18 hours ago, darin3 said:

Have you been following the Hopkins thread on that "other board"?  There are some compelling arguments about the Chiefs' cap space and how they could quite easily move some chess pieces around financially speaking and be able to afford Hopkins.

That said, what you say about his practice availability is also a compelling thought.  Would he change his tune to be part of a winning organization like that, though?  Maybe.

Yeah, I've posted a little in there. Mainly what I posted above.

I just don't think Hopkins really is a fit for the Chiefs. They pretty much stay away from big rangy receivers for the most part in lieu of shorter guys capable of running all the routes. 

That part of the offense is so important and I think at this point Hopkins just won't do the work to make himself multi-faceted like that. Reid wouldn't take a guy like that. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Dalvin Cook officially released by the Vikings. Come on Dallas!!  Wishful thinking on my part. I can see him easily go to Miami or Buffalo.  

2 hours ago, irish said:

Dalvin Cook officially released by the Vikings. Come on Dallas!!  Wishful thinking on my part. I can see him easily go to Miami or Buffalo.  

I hope he goes to Miami.  Working a trade in a dynasty league where I really need a solid RB and I fear he'd be "meh" fantasy-wise in Dallas with Pollard there.  Same with Buffalo; he'd share with his lil bro and Harris too much.

Edit:  just read he posted a pic of him at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami on IG.  Maybe a teaser as to where he's going (or hopes to go)?

Edited by darin3

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

I hope he goes to Miami.  Working a trade in a dynasty league where I really need a solid RB and I fear he'd be "meh" fantasy-wise in Dallas with Pollard there.  Same with Buffalo; he'd share with his lil bro and Harris too much.

Edit:  just read he posted a pic of him at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami on IG.  Maybe a teaser as to where he's going (or hopes to go)?

I agree that Miami makes a great fit and is probably the #1 spot he lands.  They are playoff contenders and he would be the #1 option there.  Fantasy-wise that's ideal. As a Cowboys' Fan, he's a better version of Zeke and pairing him with Pollard and those WRs, would be crazy awesome!  

What do you guys think about the Vikings releasing Cook and possibly bring in Zeke as the Thunder to Mattison's lightning?

16 hours ago, irish said:

I agree that Miami makes a great fit and is probably the #1 spot he lands.  They are playoff contenders and he would be the #1 option there.  Fantasy-wise that's ideal. As a Cowboys' Fan, he's a better version of Zeke and pairing him with Pollard and those WRs, would be crazy awesome!  

What do you guys think about the Vikings releasing Cook and possibly bring in Zeke as the Thunder to Mattison's lightning?

No. I’m not convinced Mattison is lightning, and I don’t think Zeke brings much to the table that the Vikes need. 

24 minutes ago, SeductiveNun said:

No. I’m not convinced Mattison is lightning, and I don’t think Zeke brings much to the table that the Vikes need. 

Agreed, just wonder if that's a possible Plan B for them.