[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Other" off-season tidbits

darin3

10 hours ago, Def. said:

You are as much a part of the problem as LC.  

Disagree here.  Steve talks football, his intentions are pure,  he's just the easiest bait for LC.  

And you making posts about the whole thing doesn't sound that much different relative to what you are rallying against...unfortunately. 

Just saying. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BillyBalata said:

Ravens signed Odell Beckham Jr., formerly of the Rams, to a one-year contract worth "up to" $18 million.

Crazy, wasn't he supposed to visit the Jets tomorrow to discuss a contract and Rodgers coming in?  He probably looked at the loaded WR room in NY and thought I'm not getting the reps I want there. 

2 hours ago, BillyBalata said:

Ravens signed Odell Beckham Jr., formerly of the Rams, to a one-year contract worth "up to" $18 million.

2 hours ago, irish said:

Crazy, wasn't he supposed to visit the Jets tomorrow to discuss a contract and Rodgers coming in?  He probably looked at the loaded WR room in NY and thought I'm not getting the reps I want there. 

$15 million guaranteed! 

Texans HC Demeco Ryans sounds like a realist, or just trying not to pile too much pressure on whoever they take with the 2nd overall pick. Basically saying "we are not expecting whoever we draft to be the team's savior, that is too much pressure."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/texans-coach-gets-brutally-honest-about-no-2-overall-pick/ar-AA19Jb7o

• Like 1

On 4/9/2023 at 9:01 PM, Shaft said:

$15 million guaranteed! 

I saw, with that much guaranteed, he didn't even get on the plane to NY or turned around midway there. 

The Jets were gonna offer him maybe 6 million and a bucket of KFC with a side of mashed.  

Edited by irish
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, irish said:

I saw, with that much guaranteed, he didn't even get on the plane to NY or turned around midway there. 

The Jets were gonna offer him maybe 6 million and a bucket of KFC with a side of mashed.  

And that KFC would be heavily taxed!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shaft said:

And that KFC would be heavily taxed!!!

Speaking of KFC, I've gotten lame in my older age. I used to eat and love KFC, I had a weak moment and picked some up a few months back and almost killed myself. I was a prisoner to my bathroom for a day and a half. Brutal and I'll never do that again!

The exact same thing happened to me back in graduate school. I thought I had food poisoning!  That food was leaving out of the nearest exit, pun intended! Those dam chicken fingers. I haven't eaten there since and that was a long time ago.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, irish said:

Speaking of KFC, I've gotten lame in my older age. I used to eat and love KFC, I had a weak moment and picked some up a few months back and almost killed myself. I was a prisoner to my bathroom for a day and a half. Brutal and I'll never do that again!

Regular or extra crispy? What kind of sides? ;) 

Been ages since I ate there, used to be a regular for my family. Local grocery store makes decent fried chicken. 

I haven't eaten at Taco Bell in decades, I'm sure that stuff would nearly kill me now. 

14 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Regular or extra crispy? What kind of sides? ;) 

Been ages since I ate there, used to be a regular for my family. Local grocery store makes decent fried chicken. 

I haven't eaten at Taco Bell in decades, I'm sure that stuff would nearly kill me now. 

🤣 give me the regular.   Gotta have mashed taters with them.   I can't believe how poorly my system responded. I've had Taco Bell at some point but didn't do the same damage. 

I got some fried chicken from The Halal Guys near me and it was amazing!  

On 4/11/2023 at 4:22 PM, irish said:

Obit: After a long hard fought battle with KFC, Irish eventually succumbed to his injuries on April 24th

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Big John said:

Jalen Hurts agrees to 5-year $255M extension.

Good for him but ultimately the pay that QB's are now commanding is IMO going to be bad for football.  Beside Mahomes there are very few QB's that can win without a great team around them.  I am not a capologist, but even with the increasing salary cap, $225MM in 2023,  teams that have to give 20% or more of their cap to one position are going to have a hard time winning unless they are very successful on hitting on draft picks.  The window for winning with one of these superstar QB's seems to narrowing.  Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Hurts, Jackson and even Lawrence are on borrowed time as their teammates are going to have to be paid too or find a new team .    Do the 49ers have the right formula with a great defense and an adequate system QB?  (though even they sold the farm for a shiny new QB that got broken right away).   

It will be very interesting to see how long this literal arms race lasts before the QB bubble bursts...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, T-Scorp said:

It will be very interesting to see how long this literal arms race lasts before the QB bubble bursts...

Brady (and the NFL rulebook) has really screwed up the NFL & Mahommes is following in those footsteps. Right now, the model to a championship is building around a superstar franchise QB and since the 2000's there have been very few exceptions. The last 10 years you've had just Goff, Foles & Wilson making the exceptions, though I would argue Wilson and Goff were peaking prime when they won. Until teams show they can consistently win with defense & the running game (a joke in today's NFL) teams are going to put all emphasis & money on the franchise QB.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, T-Scorp said:

I remember when everyone went nuts over ARod's baseball contract that was along the lines of 80-90 million.  Now we have these guys making a quarter of a billion dollars.  Much more when you add all their commercials and endorsements.  I think the NFL has become the poster child for greed.  

Edited by 1fastdoc

38 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

I remember when everyone went nuts over ARod's baseball contract that was along the lines of 80-90 million.  Now we have these guys making a quarter of a billion dollars.  Much more when you add all their commercials and endorsements.  I think the NFL has become the posterior child for greed.  

Are you talking about the players, the owners or some other facet?