[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who takes over SF backfield

T-Scorp

Coach Shanahan presser seems to indicate Mitchell has earned the role but Mason got the carries when CMac went out.  Is either worth a pickup?? 

57 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Well unless I missed something, it sounds like CMC is going to be OK and it's really just a main tolerance kind of thing.  :shrug:

I was going to make a sarcastic joke about Christian MCcaffery being my favorite sneaky pick to take over the backfield.  From what I heard he is day to day and still may play this week.  

Seems like worse case scenario maybe he misses two games before San Fran's bye. 

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

I was going to make a sarcastic joke about Christian MCcaffery being my favorite sneaky pick to take over the backfield.  From what I heard he is day to day and still may play this week.  

Seems like worse case scenario maybe he misses two games before San Fran's bye. 

I actually thought they'd probably hold him out these next two games as they are not divisional and the bye gives him an extra week.  But from what I am reading it sounds like he's trending towards playing.  

SFO's practice report isn't out yet but I will most definitely check it tomorrow.  I would assume they just hold him out as to not exacerbate the injury but it'll be interesting to see if he at least gets a limited practice in.

7 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I actually thought they'd probably hold him out these next two games as they are not divisional and the bye gives him an extra week.  But from what I am reading it sounds like he's trending towards playing.  

SFO's practice report isn't out yet but I will most definitely check it tomorrow.  I would assume they just hold him out as to not exacerbate the injury but it'll be interesting to see if he at least gets a limited practice in.

Curious why you think it matters that the next two games are outside the division? Division record is only a tie breaker in deciding the division, and SF is going have their eyes on the #1 seed, with the Lions and Eagles also at 5-1. If division record ends up being more important than overall record after the season is over that means they are struggling to win the division. 

I think after a loss they need to win, and will use CMC if he's healthy. 

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

Curious why you think it matters that the next two games are outside the division? Division record is only a tie breaker in deciding the division, and SF is going have their eyes on the #1 seed, with the Lions and Eagles also at 5-1. If division record ends up being more important than overall record after the season is over that means they are struggling to win the division. 

I think after a loss they need to win, and will use CMC if he's healthy. 

Probably a win either way. If Eli healthy, be good to let CMC rest.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Shanahan said McCaffrey and Samuel will miss practice today.

Mitchell was already rostered by the guy I’m playing this week so I grabbed Mason for the heck of it. Now I see the guy I’m playing dropped Mitchell to wavers so I’m going to put a claim on him and drop Mason. 

that being said I have other options too. I could play James Cook or Gibbs. But since SF plays Monday night, if they don’t rule CMC out ahead of time I’ll just leave him in and play Mitchell if he is ruled out. 

11 hours ago, Ramhock said:

Deebo out, has shoulder fracture.🙄

Ouch.  I dont have him, but I was trying to draft and then trade for Auiyuk .  Seems he's even more valuable now. 

Any word on how long for deebo?  Bummer.  Seems like a good guy too.

Edited by FinishTheDrill
to improve clarity

3 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Ouch.  I dont have him, but I was trying to draft Auiyuk and then trade for him.  Seems he's even more valuable now. 

Out through week 9 bye.  Expected to return week 10.

42 minutes ago, gijoerock said:

Do you bench Brock Purdy with Deebo ruled out and CMC status unknown?

That's the big question.  Having Aiyuk and Kittle is nothing to blow off.  I still like Purdy but it depends on who your alternative is.  Off to the help thread with it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Ouch.  I dont have him, but I was trying to draft Auiyuk and then trade for him.  Seems he's even more valuable now. 

I'm just laughing because you took a guy with too many vowels and gave him one extra 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I'm just laughing because you took a guy with too many vowels and gave him one extra 

Vowels?  How about vowels and apostrophes? In making a little list of prospect IDP's, I had trouble remembering where all the apostrophes go for rookie LB Henry Toot Toot.

toot.jpg

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

Vowels?  How about vowels and apostrophes? In making a little list of prospect IDP's, I had trouble remembering where all the apostrophes go for rookie LB Henry Toot Toot.

toot.jpg

Yeah I saw that name a while ago and my brain almost broke. Looks like two To'o's

To'oTo'o 

Edited by purplemonster

Not sure what to do here now. I actually need points from whoever they use at RB. I have CMC and Mitchell. If they do the old CMC starts and barely plays I’m screwed. I should have not had to worry about this but Mostert and D. Smith doing little and playing against Deonte Foreman has made this a sweat.