[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your week 7 blunders. Post 'em here

Dcat

Playing fantasy football, thinking my top players would produce far above my bench players, then losing by just 5 points. Even after bad games by Jacobs, Adams and Cooper (3 of my studs) I only needed about 22 points from Tua + Swift. So of course they both have their worst games of the year. 

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Playing fantasy football, thinking my top players would produce far above my bench players, then losing by just 5 points. Even after bad games by Jacobs, Adams and Cooper (3 of my studs) I only needed about 22 points from Tua + Swift. So of course they both have their worst games of the year. 

I lost by 2 points by playing Howell over TLaw. I would have won by a bit too. 2-5 after this week. There's always next year. 

20 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Apparently gambling on DK playing with only Parham as a backup plan. 

Yeah I should have gone with either Michael Thomas or James Cook instead of DK, but his matchup was just so juicy... plus MT hadn't scored a TD all season and Cook faced a stout NEP DEF.  Doesn't look like it's going to crush me in my Guillotine league, though.  

32 minutes ago, mongrels84 said:

I lost by 2 points by playing Howell over TLaw. I would have won by a bit too. 2-5 after this week. There's always next year. 

I will also be 2-5, and probably the worst team in the league (record, total points). Oh goodie #1 waiver priority. 

Every starting decision I made seemed logical. 

Tua over Lawrence

Jacobs and Swift over Mattison/Hunt 

Adams and Cooper as my top 2 WR, Doubs in at WR3.  Palmer would have been an option over Doubs, but not the first 2. 

Of course a little better game by Tua (there was a couple dropped passes that could have been TDs), or Swift getting more work and the TD instead of Gainwell could have been the difference as well. Or maybe a rushing TD instead of Hurts. Didn't seem like a long shot before the game, but the more I saw the Dolphins struggle to move the ball the more I worried. 

29 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I will also be 2-5, and probably the worst team in the league (record, total points). Oh goodie #1 waiver priority. 

Every starting decision I made seemed logical. 

Tua over Lawrence

Jacobs and Swift over Mattison/Hunt 

Adams and Cooper as my top 2 WR, Doubs in at WR3.  Palmer would have been an option over Doubs, but not the first 2. 

Of course a little better game by Tua (there was a couple dropped passes that could have been TDs), or Swift getting more work and the TD instead of Gainwell could have been the difference as well. Or maybe a rushing TD instead of Hurts. Didn't seem like a long shot before the game, but the more I saw the Dolphins struggle to move the ball the more I worried. 

I don't quite understand what's going on with Jacobs. His per carry avg is terrible and I assume his line isnt very good. But his PFF rating is also way down from last year so it probably isn't just the line. The change to an ineffective QB may have snuffed out whatever production he was getting with all that opportunity. Definitely need Carr back. 

Another one I figured might be a blunder is not playing Rashee Rice. I thought he might even do better than he did but Kelces monster game may have put a cap to it. 

I feel like maybe leagues need a modifier for points scored because it feels like every year someone gets richly rewarded or terribly screwed based on matchups. In one league I will be 3-4 despite a 31-20 head to head record. In another league 2-5 despite having 2nd highest number of points in a 10 team league. It's just kind of annoying. 

Edited by purplemonster

34 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Another one I figured might be a blunder is not playing Rashee Rice. I thought he might even do better than he did but Kelces monster game may have put a cap to it. 

I feel like maybe leagues need a modifier for points scored because it feels like every year someone gets richly rewarded or terribly screwed based on matchups. In one league I will be 3-4 despite a 31-20 head to head record. In another league 2-5 despite having 2nd highest number of points in a 10 team league. It's just kind of annoying. 

My only tip on that would be to try and make sure that those teams who excel in points scored and get poor weekly results still have a good shot at the playoffs, or some money. We have a weekly high score contest, $2 per 12 teams for each week, a team that scores a lot will usually win a few of those. We also have a charge of $2 per player added, that goes into a pot for the top 3 scoring teams. 

Not sure what could be done otherwise, without eliminating the weekly matchups, or just using an all play record (which will more closely follow the high points). 

Traded J Cook for Ford before Sundays game (I was Chubb owner :( )   Now looks like Ford is out with bad ankle! Of course Eckler and Herbert having dud games did not help this week! 

27 minutes ago, whomper said:

Starting Zach evans 

I almost did. Then I saw they added what felt like 4 rb's including Darrell Henderson who was just there last year and serviceable and another guy who used to start somewhere. And after mcvays cagey answer I was out. 

Edited by purplemonster

4 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I don't quite understand what's going on with Jacobs. His per carry avg is terrible and I assume his line isnt very good. But his PFF rating is also way down from last year so it probably isn't just the line. The change to an ineffective QB may have snuffed out whatever production he was getting with all that opportunity. Definitely need Carr back. 

I was concerned with Jacobs this year. He has been nothing but average since entering the league. Raiders didn’t even pick up the 5th year option. It’s to big of a coincidence that he put up those numbers last year in a contract year. Then held out trying to get the contract. This is who he has always been average with the exception of last year. 

7 hours ago, darin3 said:

Yeah I should have gone with either Michael Thomas or James Cook instead of DK, but his matchup was just so juicy... plus MT hadn't scored a TD all season and Cook faced a stout NEP DEF.  Doesn't look like it's going to crush me in my Guillotine league, though.  

I went into tonight with a pretty decent lead, but facing 3 players, including Mattison. It looks like I'll be fine, although it really wouldn't have mattered much anyway since the only other options I had were Antonio Gibson and Cordarrelle Patterson. Bye week and injuries have got me pretty thin in both my leagues.