[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On a Serious Note

melrich

I'm a diehard fantasy player but haven't been able to follow much this week due to my Dad's battle w/cancer. Spent the entire day with him and he passed away this afternoon. Most difficult moment of my life. It's midnight and now everyone is sleeping and just to get away from reality..I check the score of my championship game to see I blow out my opponent and win the championship this year.

Obviously, I don't really care about winning a title....point is to everyone go and hug your wife, girlfriend, child, parent or pet and don't lose site of reality. I know we all get caught up in this fantasy stuff, but don't let it take over your life where you don't spend quality time with the people who matter. I know how easy that can happen.

Say a prayer for a fellow fantasy player's father who passed away today.

Thank you.

I'm a diehard fantasy player but haven't been able to follow much this week due to my Dad's battle w/cancer. Spent the entire day with him and he passed away this afternoon. Most difficult moment of my life. It's midnight and now everyone is sleeping and just to get away from reality..I check the score of my championship game to see I blow out my opponent and win the championship this year.

Obviously, I don't really care about winning a title....point is to everyone go and hug your wife, girlfriend, child, parent or pet and don't lose site of reality. I know we all get caught up in this fantasy stuff, but don't let it take over your life where you don't spend quality time with the people who matter. I know how easy that can happen.

Say a prayer for a fellow fantasy player's father who passed away today.

Thank you.

632408[/snapback]

Melrich,

I want to give you and your family my deepest sympathy. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I just read your post after friviously posting about needing a "miracle" to still win my SB. It stopped me in my tracks. I thank you for your advice, which is sound and comes from your heart. I can get too caught up in this at times, at the expense of my family. It's fun, but should stay light.

God bless you and your family tonight.

I am sincerely sorry for your loss. I was thinking of bragging about how I seem to have my SB locked up but it made me think of how I was huddled around the TV and looking up stats on the computer when I should have been spending more “quality time” with my family on Christmas. Thanks for sharing with us and putting things in perspective for us. I will include you in my prayers tonight.

Thanks for taking time during this terrible moment in your life to unselfishly offer such great advice to everyone, melrich. As someone who has lost a few friends and relatives to this horrific disease, I'm truly sorry to hear about your loss, and I hope you and your family are getting through it as well as can be expected. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

May the Lord be with you and your family.

We all get way to caught up in football and FF during the course of the season, and occasionally forget about what is most important in our lives. Thank you for this reminder to never forget our families.