[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which player action is worse?

DMD

Which action should be fined the most, if at all?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Which action should be fined the most, if at all?

• Pretend to moon the endzone crowd after scoring a TD
    • Flipping off the crowd in the stands
    • Spitting your gum into the stands

I think flipping off the stands... especially when they are YOUR fans back there is the most classless thing.

I'm ready to see Jake go. I hear Jeff George may be available, and unfortunately it would be an improvement.

I'm really tired of him putting up great numbers in a losing effort.

Anything involving the ejection of bodily fluids into the stands is clearly worse than a faux mooning. Especially given the apparent fact that Randy's move was a take-off on Packer fans' practice of mooning the opposing team's bus.

Randy is immature & apparently desires a great deal of attention (mission accomplished). I am a big Joe Buck fan, but I think his over-reaction on the telecast has led to this being made out to be a much bigger deal than it really is.

Wow, with all of this fresh on everyones mind and all of the complaining, I am very surprised to see that after 14 votes, the pretend moon has gotten 0 votes! :bigshock:

Edited by Ziachild007

I think there is a big difference in these examples. Two are done in anger. One is done in having fun. The art of mooning has been going on for decades. Why? IMO...in the quest to have some fun. Unless somewhere along the way it's developed into some kind of significant gang signing that I'm not aware of. :D

Childish, immature? That's kind of obvious. But again, apparently there are plenty of Packer fans that for some time now have enjoyed having their little fun. That's all this was, an opponent, a very familiar opponent, returning the fun. I'm betting there's a group of cheeseheads out there that are just rolling with laughter that Moss mooned them back.

:D

I think there is a big difference in these examples. Two are done in anger. One is done in having fun.  The art of mooning has been going on for decades. Why? IMO...in the quest to have some fun. Unless somewhere along the way it's developed into some kind of significant gang signing that I'm not aware of. :D

Childish, immature? That's kind of obvious. But again, apparently there are plenty of Packer fans that for some time now have enjoyed having their little fun.  That's all this was, an opponent, a very familiar opponent, returning the fun.  I'm betting there's a group of cheeseheads out there that are just rolling with laughter that Moss mooned them back.

:D

649023[/snapback]

I'd have to agree with Billy...it was immature but nothing worse, and really do you NOT expect Moss to be immature? I'd be much more upset if I were spit on or at, and I think even flipping someone off is a little worse. Had he actually dropped his pants and mooned the crowd, that might be another story, but simply imitating it wasn't really that big a deal in the grand scope of things.

I saw it happen and I saw it repeated later. He didn't bend his knees and rub his butt up and down. He mostly just bumped it twice with his right butt cheek and then started towards the bench. While I am sensitive and all, I just didn't see quite the horrific action that evidently most people saw. He had been taunted the whole game by the stands, it was probably milder than what I'd do if people treated me that way.

Just wait until all the teams put seats down on the field like Minnesota does.

648987[/snapback]

A lot of those seats are for kids and adults that are handicap. During the home games Randy will either jump into the stands, or walk the ball over and give it to a kid in a wheelchairs. I think that is fantastic.

I'd have to agree with Billy...it was immature but nothing worse, and really do you NOT expect Moss to be immature?  I'd be much more upset if I were spit on or at, and I think even flipping someone off is a little worse.  Had he actually dropped his pants and mooned the crowd, that might be another story, but simply imitating it wasn't really that big a deal in the grand scope of things.

649030[/snapback]

I have to agree. As I said in another post, I didn't see the moon yesterday, and just heard the reaction of some of the media. After listening to all the outcry yesterday, when I finally saw the highlight, I was half expecting him to drop his pants and take a dump in the end zone.

I think flipping off the stands... especially when they are YOUR fans back there is the most classless thing.

I'm ready to see Jake go.  I hear Jeff George may be available, and unfortunately it would be an improvement.

I'm really tired of him putting up great numbers in a losing effort.

648929[/snapback]

PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT

Simply pretending to moon is not a big deal to me, what set me off was that he rubbed up against the goal post. But, when I finally saw the replay, I will admit that I thought it was a bit anticlimactic. I have no idea what he was doing on the goal post other than bumping it. :D

The most classless thing is not listed here, that was when the RB took the pitch-out, got into the secondary, pulled a gun and shot the the last two defenders that could stop him and gets in the end zone...oh wait...sorry, that was a movie. :D

If Moss was pretending to take a dump and wipe on the goal post, it was the worst display of pantomime since mummenschanz.

Assuming Moss was pretending to moon the fans, his display doesn't come close to the other two. I actually laughed at it. It was funny. I just don't understand why some people have gotten so upset by it. Mooning itself ain't no thing and Moss pretended to moon.

The most classless thing is not listed here, that was when the RB took the pitch-out, got into the secondary, pulled a gun and shot the the last two defenders that could stop him and gets in the end zone...oh wait...sorry, that was a movie.  :D

649362[/snapback]

I don't remember...was that a Last Boyscout reference? If so, very good! :D

The spitting would bother me the most, by far. The other things are gestures in poor taste but spitting is confrontational. Whether it's Steve Lyons pulling his pants down accidentally or Randy Moss pretend-mooning people intentionally, those are just acts of stupidity.

Giving somebody or a bunch of people the finger just seems like an act of immature frustration, as if to admit that you let the fans get the better of you.