[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How Do You Choke?

spain

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta give the Pats credit...it wasn't all just him choking...

You must not like NE...

Ben

Anyone who suggests that the Colts lost becaue Manning chokes is (1) mentally challenged, (2) did not watch the game, or (3) baiting.

For you, spain, I 'll give you the benefit of the doubt and guess that it is a combination of the three, given that you had to look after your kids during the game.

Saying the Pats won because Peyton choked is more disrespectful of the Pats and how well they played than any other comments I've seen.

Anyone who suggests that the Colts lost becaue Manning chokes is (1) mentally challenged, (2) did not watch the game, or (3) baiting.

For you, spain, I 'll give you the benefit of the doubt and guess that it is a combination of the three, given that you had to look after your kids during the game.

Saying the Pats won because Peyton choked is more disrespectful of the Pats and how well they played than any other comments I've seen.

657351[/snapback]

Without the coaching tape, it's hard to say how the Pats were able to play coverage so effectively. But I did see Manning more flustered than usual, make passes he doesn't usually make and not run his usual line-of-scrimmage carnival. Most important, he started the game pretty conservatively, an exhibit IMO of the fact that he was too concerned about the Pats.

Did he choke the game away for the Pats? I don't know. But he didn't play balls out either.

I guess you have to look at the comparison between 'choked' and 'didn't get it done'.

IMHO, the Colt's O around manning folded up like a tent. But, from the perspective that Manning is the undisputed leader on the team and the team choked around him, you could point a finger in his direction. It's become a knock with some history, and as he is the guy that gets all the credit for the success, he will get the label for the loss. True or not, it is what it is.

657351[/snapback]

Well put...couldn't have said it better myself.

Ben

I guess you have to look at the comparison between 'choked' and 'didn't get it done'.

IMHO, the Colt's O around manning folded up like a tent.  But, from the perspective that Manning is the undisputed leader on the team and the team choked around him, you could point a finger in his direction.  It's become a knock with some history, and as he is the guy that gets all the credit for the success, he will get the label for the loss.  True or not, it is what it is.

657362[/snapback]

Thats a great way to put it Nick. But the difference is Manning did not have a "horrible" game or fail to make or miss a big play. IMO, Kaeding and Brein choked, Manning just didn't get it done.

Stokley on the other hand really showed up today. He took some wicked hits today.

657375[/snapback]

No doubt. I was surprised to see him just pop right back up after that hit in the 4th quarter by Asante Samuel it was I believe.

Peyton's TEs didn't help him out much today (Clark and Pollard had at least 3 drops between them, possibly more) and Wayne's fumble didn't help either. The Pats once again played some smart and outstanding defense. They were very physical with the Colts WRs and didn't allow many yards after catch.

Peyton really didn't try to go down field very much. His longest completion was 18 yards and the INT he threw in the endzone was probably one of the few passes he threw over 20 yards in the air. The Pats D and the weather must have affected his psyche.

N.E just suffocated the Colts today..Those long drives were the dagger.They just have the colts #.Its as simple as that.The Pats are a very complete and well coached team.The Colts inability to stop the run kept their offense off the field.Great gameplan that was perfectly executed.

657351[/snapback]

Spain is known as the Huddle's most prolific baiter. He's also a fan of the Tits, who have been clowned by the Colts in recent years.

Spain is known as the Huddle's most prolific baiter.  He's also a fan of the Tits, who have been clowned by the Colts in recent years.

657833[/snapback]

I know. The mentally challenged and baiting aspects were never in question.

As I knew he was on babysitting duty during the game, I gave him the benefit of the doubt by finguring that he made a post this obviously stupid because he didn't actually see the game.

That was laugh out loud funny. :D

657527[/snapback]

That is funny.

As for the Colts, the Patriots clearly have psyched them out. NE has a hunge mental edge on them. If the Colts are ever going to win a Superbowl, they either need to have home field throughout the playoffs or hope the Patriots don't make the playoffs.

I will say that Manning did throw up a 69.3 (?) passer rating for the day. Not completely his fault, but he has to take some of the blame. That's liek 50 pts lower than his season average.

I mean, I am of the school that it is a team game, so all the talk of this QB or that QB winning a game is something I find laughable. But, Manning is supposed to make those around him better. That's what everyone says he does. He has to own some portion of the blame. A decent size portion. In that respect he didn't get it done.