[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Rumor

spain

I heard that the Vikings are trying to move up in the draft to secure Braylon Edwards. After adding 5 defensive players and losing Candy Moss, they need to go offense, and wr in particular. They are trying to strike a deal with the Bears to swap 1.7 for 1.4 and take Edwards or maybe even take a chance on Mike Williams. Bears can move down and still get Mike Williams, Ced Benson, or Cadillac. No confirmation at all, just more rumors..

I heard that the Vikings are trying to move up in the draft to secure Braylon Edwards.  After adding 5 defensive players and losing Candy Moss, they need to go offense, and wr in particular.  They are trying to strike a deal with the Bears to swap 1.7 for 1.4 and take Edwards or maybe even take a chance on Mike Williams.  Bears can move down and still get Mike Williams, Ced Benson, or Cadillac.  No confirmation at all, just more rumors..

741572[/snapback]

Thanks Spain. Where'd the rumor come from? Radio or? I have a hard time believing division rivals would make such a trade, but you never know i guess. I'm really looking forward to the draft. Losing Randy sucked, but all these D signings have renewed my excitement in the team. The Vikes do need a high profile O player in the first round though just to help get over that stigmatism of losing Moss.

Pure fan speculation, but many think the Vikes will try for one of the big 3 RBs with their first pick to give them a grind it out O to go with their new D instead of the quick strike O that Randy allowed.

741581[/snapback]

Just what they need are more RB's to piss us all off.

I heard that the Vikings are trying to move up in the draft to secure Braylon Edwards.  After adding 5 defensive players and losing Candy Moss, they need to go offense, and wr in particular.  They are trying to strike a deal with the Bears to swap 1.7 for 1.4 and take Edwards or maybe even take a chance on Mike Williams.  Bears can move down and still get Mike Williams, Ced Benson, or Cadillac.  No confirmation at all, just more rumors..

741572[/snapback]

I assume they weren't too high on it since they sent the pick to NYJ for Cowert.

I wonder who the Jets will be focusing on - puts a new wrinkle in the draft IMHO :D

Maybe the Bears want to go double or nothing after the Vikes picked Daunte ahead of them.

743163[/snapback]

Did they? I thought the Bears took Cade McClown ahead of Daunte? Or did they trade down or something...?

Ok, looked it up myself.  Daunte went #11 and McNown #12.  But I think the way it went down was that the Bears originally had a higher pick, but then traded down b/c they actually preferred McNown... :doah:

743548[/snapback]

Correct. Another in a long line of Bears draft triumphs.

Pure fan speculation, but many think the Vikes will try for one of the big 3 RBs with their first pick to give them a grind it out O to go with their new D instead of the quick strike O that Randy allowed.

741581[/snapback]

just what they need to go with Bennett, Moe, Mwelde, and Onterrio- THAT would be a waste.

Hand the keys to Mewelde Moore- kid rocked when they gave him the chance then gets hurt, goes into Tice's dog-house, etc. He's Brain Westbrook-Lite if you ask me...

As much as it pains me to say this, the Vikings no longer have many needs at all -- not even a need to trade up. I think they'll stay put, draft Mike Williams at #7 (because it's the best value and he can grab the goal-line jumpball), and draft the best available O-lineman at #18.

After that, I'll be a pissed-off Packer fan.