[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fork Please!

Big Score 1

Browns | Winslow Out for the Season? - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 18 May 2005 16:34:17 -0700

" Jim Donovan, of WKYC.com, reports Cleveland Browns TE Kellen Winslow Jr. (knee) will miss the entire 2005 season. His station, Channel 3 News, has learned that Winslow has a significant right knee injury. Results of Winslow's MRI have not been released, but Donovan is reporting sources told him the results show an injury to his ACL. The Winslow family will not allow the information to be become public."

Bummer. :D

I really wanted to see this kid play in the NFL full strength. Considering all the injuries he's had now, even when he does come back, I don't think I'll ever get to see what COULD'VE been.

So.... since the Browns shouldn't have to pay him since they have an out in the contract for something like this does that mean they are that much under the cap?

816938[/snapback]

I think it would be nice to see the team take a little bit back from him and rework it to let him earn it back if he produces in the next few years, but I don't see it happening. These guys have to learn a lesson somehow ...

The more the Winslow family tries to keep the extent of his injuries secret, the more suspicious I become that his injuries were MAJOR. This announcement that he may miss the entire season with a knee injury comes as no surprise to me.

The more the Winslow family tries to keep the extent of his injuries secret, the more suspicious I become that his injuries were MAJOR.

817013[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing. If it is no big deal then why hide it. They need to just put it all out there. Maybe he is waiting to release it in a book (or paragraph) about his NFL career. :D

And to think Winslow is making more $$$$ than Gonzo. Go figure.

I think it would be nice to see the team take a little bit back from him and rework it to let him earn it back if he produces in the next few years, but I don't see it happening.  These guys have to learn a lesson somehow ...

816987[/snapback]

exactly what is being said here...you from cleveland?

exactly what is being said here...you from cleveland?

817136[/snapback]

a little more than an hour south, but I'm as far away from liking the Clowns as someone in Hawaii ... wait, that doesn't sound like a bad idea ... better than this crappy Ohio weather.

I'm getting a little tired of the accusations thrown at Winslow because of the "soldier" comment. This would never have been an issue if we were not at war. If he says this pre 9/11, it wouldn't even make the papers.

I, for one, was looking forward to seeing what he could do on the field. He was a tremendous athelete in college, and not a bad apple, like Lawrence Phillips for example. That one unfortunate statement, made in the emotional aftermath of a tough game, shouldn't be held against him the rest of his life.

Now, riding the motorcycle was just plain stupid. It's too bad, really, because his NFL carreer is probably over.

www.profootballtalk.com is speculating that the injury could be career-threatening:

KELLNIEVEL KAPUT FOR '05

Jim Donovan of WKYC-TV in Cleveland reports that Browns tight end Kellen Winslow is out for the season with a "significant right knee injury."

Because Winslow is refusing to allow the details of the Tuesday MRI to be released, only his family and the team know the specific results of the diagnostic procedure that had to be delayed 15 days while the swelling subsided.

We'd previously heard that the team is concerned that the knee is "ruined," which suggests that Winslow suffered nerve damage or other harm that likely can't be made right by anything other than E.T.'s light-bulb finger.

[Kellnievel would have been wise to slap a milk crate with a space man in it to the front of his motorcycle.]

Though no other information regarding the extent of the injury is currently available, we've got a feeling that this is more than a torn ACL -- and that Winslow very well might be hurt permanently.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Check out the link - the picture of Winslow with ET is priceless...

The curse of the Cleveland Browns' draft picks continues.......

817230[/snapback]

Like I said before, stay far, far away from Braylon Edwards at yer Draft.

I'm getting a little tired of the accusations thrown at Winslow because of the "soldier" comment.  This would never have been an issue if we were not at war.  If he says this  pre 9/11, it wouldn't even make the papers.

I, for one, was looking forward to seeing what he could do on the field.  He was a tremendous athelete in college, and not a bad apple, like Lawrence Phillips for example.  That one unfortunate statement, made in the emotional aftermath of a tough game, shouldn't be held against him the rest of his life.

Now, riding the motorcycle was just plain stupid.  It's too bad, really, because his NFL carreer is probably over.

817204[/snapback]

This is precisely the point, in conjunction with his father's behavior. Winslow has painted for himself a picture of the ultimate egocentric spoiled brat. People therefore have a hard time conjuring up any sympathy for him when he discovers that he's actually human.

The curse of the Cleveland Browns' draft picks continues.......

817230[/snapback]

Its a good idea in general to stay away from Cleveland players in most sports ... unless they are traded to another team. :D

NOTE: There are a FEW exceptions ... but not many.

I hope the Browns slam this fool and take as much money away from him for breach of contract as they can. :D:D:D:D

As a Charger fan, I loved his dad, but daddy has not taught the kid the right way (daddy has a crappy tude a lot of the time as well, COTSS, Chip On The Shoulder Syndrome). This family has geared the life of this kid to get the Pay Day that Dad never dreamed of, and have acted like they deserved it instead of earning it. Now that daddy’s little gold mine is skilless outside of football and his value is seriously in doubt, I really don’t feel sorry for these people. I do not wish anyone injury, etc. but this is definitely not a Tillman type story.

You all want to know what this kid “could” have been? See David Boston. All the tools in the world and a complete lack of mental ability to take full advantage of them. :D

:D

Edited by McBoog

You all want to know what this kid “could” have been?  See David Boston.  All the tools in the world and a complete lack of mental ability to take full advantage of them.  :D:D

817668[/snapback]

No....that's not what he "could've" been. That's what he "is", except he's even less than Boston.

We at least got a glimpse of what Boston "could" do.

KW II hasn't even been able to suit up for an entire game yet. By the reports (or should I say lack of them) he may well never suit up again.

I don't like the guys personality, but I at least wanted to see his football skills at the NFL level.

I don't think very much of Randy Moss.....but I sure like watching him play.

I freakin' HATE Deion Sanders....but again, I loved to watch him play.

That's why I say it's a bummer about KW II. Not 'cause I like the guy, but 'cause I wanted to see him play.

Now I'll probably never get that chance. Oh well, ces't la vie :D

I don't think very much of Randy Moss.....but I sure like watching him play.

I freakin' HATE Deion Sanders....but again, I loved to watch him play.

That's why I say it's a bummer about KW II. Not 'cause I like the guy, but 'cause I wanted to see him play.

Now I'll probably never get that chance. Oh well, ces't la vie :D

817682[/snapback]

You can be an as*hole when you're awesome. KWII just has the as*hole part down so far in the NFL...

I'm getting a little tired of the accusations thrown at Winslow because of the "soldier" comment.  This would never have been an issue if we were not at war.  If he says this  pre 9/11, it wouldn't even make the papers.

817204[/snapback]

Anyone who ever refers to themselves as a warrior needs a history lesson.

If I were the Browns I'd cut Winslow and make him pay me some money back. That may not make a lot of sense (yeah, wait for him to heal and trade him or whatever) but I'd say get rid of his attitude.