[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Hitman

After 20 years, I still strongly contend his only fame to the average person is breaking his leg on MNF - that is all he is remembered for. His passing numbers were largely pedestrian and his winning was due more to the rushing game and defense.

897533[/snapback]

Spoken like a true Cowboys fan. This hatred of Joey T couldn't be linked to his being a former Redsking, coult it? :D

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that Doug Williams and Mark Rypien achieved just as much as Joe, I agree that he is highly-overrated.

898110[/snapback]

That would make sense....except that they didnt. He went to back to back Super Bowls.

Spoken like a true Cowboys fan.  This hatred of Joey T couldn't be linked to his being a former Redsking, coult it?  :D

898388[/snapback]

:D

Oh please, if I had to remember back 20 years I can think of Danny White who had better passing numbers than Theeeesman did. I am not saying Joey was not good in his day and offense, but he wasn't even in within cruise missile distance to being great.

Other than those of us who can remember the NFL 20+ years ago, ask the average football fan what theeeesman is known for and it is for two things - he broke his leg and he is an insufferable blowhard.

Other than those of us who can remember the NFL 20+ years ago, ask the average football fan what theeeesman is known for and it is for two things - he broke his leg and he is an insufferable blowhard.

898512[/snapback]

I agree, anybody who doubts that, well, I just don't get it. He was def overrated.

898512[/snapback]

A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.

Theismann is just about the worst announcer in the NFL.

With both him and Maguire in the booth, I turned the volume waaaayyyy down on the broadcasts.

896114[/snapback]

Definately agree...thats why watching MNF in a bar is so great...you don't hear the commentators...and you can :D with your buddies.

I would be willing to bet a sigline for an entire year if Theisman doesnt say the words. "I disagree with you Al " on their first regular season telecast. Book it. He says it every broadcast. I like Michaels and wouldve preferred a Simms/ Gumbel /Fouts pairing .Theisman and Boomer are horrible .

Try the S.A.P. (Second Audio Program) function on the TV.

"Bienvenidos a el partido de futbol Americana de la noche de Lunes! Soy Hector Gonzales, y estoy aquí besar el asno de Brett Favre!"

897141[/snapback]

"mcnabb a owens.....gooooooooooooooooaaaaal!!! goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaal!!" :D

I personally can't stand Theismann.

899037[/snapback]

Yeah, me too. And every day that goes by I can't stand him a little bit more. So each time you see me, I hate him more than I ever did before. :D

Edited by Hitman

A woman doesn't need C cup breasts to be hot.  You're one of those guys that never gets laid because of your unrealistically high standards, aren't you?

897500[/snapback]

:D Yeah Kolber and Couric have HUGH racks. You've got me figured out. Unlike you, I don't go trolling youth soccer games looking to score.

"Bienvenidos a el partido de futbol Americana de la noche de Lunes! Soy Hector Gonzales, y estoy aquí besar el asno de Brett Favre!"

897141[/snapback]

Didn't anyone translate this? I personally thought I was hilarious... :D

:D Yeah Kolber and Couric have HUGH racks.  You've got me figured out.  Unlike you, I don't go trolling youth soccer games looking to score.

899058[/snapback]

Opps, I responded to the wrong post. The forum I spend most of my time at has the reply button above the post. In a way, I'm glad I did, because if I hadn't I would have never discovered your cunning wit and comedic genius.

I would be willing to bet a sigline for an entire year if Theisman doesnt say the words. "I disagree with you Al " on their first regular season telecast. Book it. He says it every broadcast. I like Michaels and wouldve preferred a Simms/ Gumbel /Fouts pairing .Theisman and Boomer are horrible .

899010[/snapback]

Sucker bet. :D That's like saying Theisman (rhymes with Heisman) won't say "Back when I played", "When I was in the Super Bowl", "When Joe Gibbs and I crawled into bed together"....

Do I have to agree with DMD about Danny White being a better QB than Joey T???

Edited by TimC

Yeah, me too.  And every day that goes by I can't stand him a little bit more.  So each time you see me, I hate him more than I ever did before.    :D

899054[/snapback]

Off-topic...Hitman's avatars are by far the best I have seen. Every time he posts something, somebody's getting knocked out. I commend you for a job well done. :D