[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Hitman

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest THEbigred
....ESPN President George Bodenheimer said in the statement. "This team is a true collaboration of ESPN and ABC Sports, and clearly demonstrates the strength and promise of what our company can deliver."

Actually that part is quite correct.

Not that it really matters....I haven't watch MNF w/o the MUTE button enabled in quite some time.

But lmao @ Joey T. Talk about the worst possible choice.

How about Boomer Easiason?  I still can't believe that donkey insulted Marino on air.

I wonder if, in some twisted way, I might actually miss the idiot duo of Theismann and Maguire on Sunday nights.  They were so bad that they were almost entertaining at times.  I enjoyed impersonating and insulting them from the couch in between sips of Jack Daniels.  The wife always got a kick out of it as well.

Ahhh... Sunday nights will never be the same again...  :D

896158[/snapback]

Gotta agree with that completely. Those buffoons were so bad they were entertaining. Football plus comedy; what more can you ask for?

Theismann: "I saw Dick LeBeau before the game, and I told him, 'Nice to have you back, and do you know what he told me?"

Paul: "No, what?"

Theismann: "Nice to be back." :D:D

Oh God this is going to be absolutely horrible.  I am stunned yet again by the idiocy of network executives. 

I wondered how long it would take for me to look back fondly on the "Dennis Miller" era.  The time has come.

ABC / ESPN bites.

896036[/snapback]

I really agree. I actually liked Fouts and Miller. If they would've given him time to grow into a new position, I think that could've been a nice crew.

For the first four games on Monday Night--why not get Ricky Williams (gold tooth and all) and out of a job Koren Robinson to do the announcing...got to be better than what's there now...it would definitely be entertaining...a smokey booth by halftime would not be out of the question....by end of third quarter there'd be food wrappers everywhere...mustard and ketchup on their faces and the microphone would smell like...well you get the idea...now that would be entertaining and something I'd tune in to hear...!! :D

Theisman will come across as the know-it-all that everyone hates to listen to. I guess that the media brass think he is something special when in reality he is just a blowhard that is now really known only for one thing - breaking his leg on MNF 20 years ago (or was it longer than that?).

I'd rather watch a replay of his leg snapping than hear his lips flapping.

Good info here. Let me give you more to hate him about. I went to school with Theisman's son for a few years--I was in HS and he was about 3 grades behind me at a small private school in the DC area. His wife at the time was his first wife and had been his wife for a long time and was a knock out and a nice lady who we all saw around school (like I said, it was a small private school and people hung out, every boy had to play three sports and parents would wait around to pick em up).

Theisman leaves her to bang OJ's ex-girlfriend Cathy Lee Crosby or whatever her name was from Thats Incredible and never shows up at the school again. He used to be there for sporting events and to pick up his son but we never saw him again. It was a messy divorce with adultery allegations, etc. I obviously dont know the truth of what happened, but it seemed like pretty Athenay behavior to me at the time.

896332[/snapback]

Typical Redskin... :D

I really agree.  I actually liked Fouts and Miller.  If they would've given him time to grow into a new position, I think that could've been a nice crew.

896821[/snapback]

Fouts was really good and Miller was still better than Theismann or Maguire.

This will never happen because of contractual obligations, but I think that Greg Gumbell and Fouts would be great.

Now, if TiVo can wipe out announcers like they wipe out commercials...  :D

896922[/snapback]

Try the S.A.P. (Second Audio Program) function on the TV.

"Bienvenidos a el partido de futbol Americana de la noche de Lunes! Soy Hector Gonzales, y estoy aquí besar el asno de Brett Favre!"

Edited by AtomicCEO

Theisman will come across as the know-it-all that everyone hates to listen to. I guess that the media brass think he is something special when in reality he is just a blowhard that is now really known only for one thing - breaking his leg on MNF 20 years ago (or was it longer than that?).

I'd rather watch a replay of his leg snapping than hear his lips flapping.

897033[/snapback]

Come on, DMD. That is silly. I cant stand Theisman as an announcer or even as an individual based on my personal knowledge of his behavior, but he could play ball. In some ways he was like a Tom Brady type of QB blessed by a great coach, dominant ground game and very cohesive team. Interesting little note: 5 of his 7 primary Redskins seasons he was a top 10 fantasy QB. :D

1985 NFL Wash Redskins 10-6-0 Gibbs Theismann Rogers Monk 20 11 11 2 28

1984 NFL Wash Redskins 11-5-0 Gibbs Theismann Riggins Monk 3 12 12 21 28

1983 NFL Wash Redskins 14-2-0 Gibbs Theismann Riggins Brown 1 3 11 16 28

1982 NFL Wash Redskins 8-1-0 Gibbs Theismann Riggins Brown 12 6 1 5 28

1981 NFL Wash Redskins 8-8-0 Gibbs Theismann Washington Monk 10 9 16 11 28

1980 NFL Wash Redskins 6-10-0 Pardee Theismann Jackson Monk 25 21 8 5 28

1979 NFL Wash Redskins 10-6-0 Pardee Theismann Riggins Buggs 10 19 10 18

The four numbers to the right are Offensive Ranks points and yards and Defensive ranks points and yards. So in Theisman's seven primary seasons the Redskins had offensive points rankings of 1, 3, 10, 10, 12, 20 and 25 (average 11.5). And offensive yards rankings of 3, 6, 9, 11, 12, 19, and 21 (average 11.5). Granted, I am not breaking down his individual stats but I measure a QB on team performance and wins also.

The Redskins were 67 - 38 (with the strike shortened 82 season) in Theisman's seven primary seasons there, and had the following three playoff appearances, including back to back Super Bowl appearances and one SB win:

NFC Divisional Playoff: lost 19 - 23 vs. Chicago Bears

NFC Divisional Playoff: won 51 - 7 vs. Los Angeles Rams

NFC Championship Game: won 24 - 21 vs. San Francisco 49ers

Super Bowl: lost 9 - 38 vs. Los Angeles Raiders

NFC Wildcard Game: won 31 - 7 vs. Detroit Lions

NFC Divisional Playoff: won 21 - 7 vs. Minnesota Vikings

NFC Championship Game: won 31 - 17 vs. Dallas Cowboys

Super Bowl: won 27 - 17 at Miami Dolphins

Link to Theisman individual stats.

Edited by skins

A communist and a chick that knows football.  About as good as it gets.

896207[/snapback]

A woman doesn't need C cup breasts to be hot. You're one of those guys that never gets laid because of your unrealistically high standards, aren't you?

After 20 years, I still strongly contend his only fame to the average person is breaking his leg on MNF - that is all he is remembered for. His passing numbers were largely pedestrian and his winning was due more to the rushing game and defense.

His past doesn't really matter anyway. He's simply the most painful announcer to listen to in all of recorded history. I don't mind when announcers do not add anything to the game. But I do mind when they take away so much of the enjoyment of the game.

After 20 years, I still strongly contend his only fame to the average person is breaking his leg on MNF - that is all he is remembered for. His passing numbers were largely pedestrian and his winning was due more to the rushing game and defense.

897533[/snapback]

Given that Doug Williams and Mark Rypien achieved just as much as Joe, I agree that he is highly-overrated.