[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

K. Warner has called a Friday presser

Wolverines Fan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As dynasty league owners of Larry Fitzgerald begin to hurl themselves into snake-filled pits.

My prediction - the loss of Warner will lead to the loss of Boldin which will lead to the Cards being a run-first team next year with Wells and no longer the pass-happy team of the past. Fitzgerald may still survive in FF if Leinart exceeds all expectations but none of the other WRs are going to be fantasy relevant, at least not likely worthy a FF start.

My prediction - the loss of Warner will lead to the loss of Boldin which will lead to the Cards being a run-first team next year with Wells and no longer the pass-happy team of the past. Fitzgerald may still survive in FF if Leinart exceeds all expectations but none of the other WRs are going to be fantasy relevant, at least not likely worthy a FF start.

This is my prediction.

When Leinart has played, he's locked on to Fitzy.

I'd be worried about everyone else though.

This is the one that gets me every time I see it:

He has the top three passing performances in Super Bowl history.

Just think about that and think about all the great QBs that have played in the Superbowl. The ex-grocery store shelf stacker has the TOP THREE passing performances.

This is the one that gets me every time I see it:

Just think about that and think about all the great QBs that have played in the Superbowl. The ex-grocery store shelf stacker has the TOP THREE passing performances.

+1 I can usually see both sides of an issue, but for the life of me I can't at all see how folks can not think Kurt should be a HOF'er. I just can't. :wacko:

As dynasty league owners of Larry Fitzgerald begin to hurl themselves into snake-filled pits.

THIS in two leagues. :wacko:

Nonethless, Kurt's golden arm won multiple titles for me going all the way back to '99. He'll go down as one of the greats, no doubt.

Flashback to 1999 (could be off a year):

Beginning of week three in my FFL leage. Back in those days, our league had a rule that you can pick up a FA every 3rd week (a carryover from Al Gore leagues, when commish had to do all transactions himself).

Yours truly, having deftly drafted Steve McNair and Kordell Stewart as my QBs, was already in teh market for a new QB by said week 3

"Who do you want to take?" asks the commissioner.

Looking over the surprisinly decent list of available QBs at that time, I say "What the hell, he's had a couple good games......give me that Warner guy from St. Louis"

The rest, as they say, is Fantasy Football history. With Warner (and Isaac Bruce) on my team, I practically lapped the field that year.

Thanks, Kurt! I have always been a fan since then.

My prediction: Warner's post-football career will far surpass his football days, and impact a heck of a lot more people than us lucky schmuck's who lucked into him that year as our QB.

Flashback to 1999 (could be off a year):

Beginning of week three in my FFL leage. Back in those days, our league had a rule that you can pick up a FA every 3rd week (a carryover from Al Gore leagues, when commish had to do all transactions himself).

Yours truly, having deftly drafted Steve McNair and Kordell Stewart as my QBs, was already in teh market for a new QB by said week 3

"Who do you want to take?" asks the commissioner.

Looking over the surprisinly decent list of available QBs at that time, I say "What the hell, he's had a couple good games......give me that Warner guy from St. Louis"

The rest, as they say, is Fantasy Football history. With Warner (and Isaac Bruce) on my team, I practically lapped the field that year.

Thanks, Kurt! I have always been a fan since then.

My prediction: Warner's post-football career will far surpass his football days, and impact a heck of a lot more people than us lucky schmuck's who lucked into him that year as our QB.

Ah, what a year. My first FF championship. I picked 11th in a 12 teamer. Picked Eddie George in the first round, and Edgerrin James at the turn. Picked up Kurt Warner after the 2nd week off waivers.

Can't even remember the rest of my guys. Cakewalk to the champeenship. :wacko:

+1

This sounds spot on to me. Wells was a beast this year and he will only get better. As long as he can limit his fumbles I see him being very good. I think Wisenhunt is a very good offensive coach that has shown to be adaptable and he will prove it again this year. I do think they need a QB to be consistent playoff contenders, a move for McNabb just seems ideal, especially since Philly has Kolb in their back pocket. I'm not buying into the McNabb>Zona hype necessarily, but it makes good sense. Either way, if Leinart fails early, I would not be surprised to see Wisenhunt move to his #2 QB (I don't even know who that is) because as I said, he's adaptable.

I should add that I think Warner had one year left in him - I wish he would have waited until draft time, let his body fully heal and then make a decision. Did anyone catch him shake his head no - while answering yes - to being asked if he was 100% certain he would remain retired? A little non-verbal foreshadowing?

And finally, FWIW, I think Warner is the best QB to ever play the game. Call me crazy, but that's what I believe! I'm gonna miss my favorite player :wacko::D:D First ballot HOF for sure.

Thanks for the memories Kurt.

Especially that time when you left the game hurt in the 1st quarter during the semi-finals of my fantasy playoffs and I lost by a few points. :wacko:

:D

:D He got me in that game too

+1 I can usually see both sides of an issue, but for the life of me I can't at all see how folks can not think Kurt should be a HOF'er. I just can't. :D

I agree. I am surprised when people question this at all. To me it is a no brainer that he gets in

All speculations here locally are that the Cards are sticking with Leinart and going to give him a full offseason and preseason to get some solid work with the #1 offense. The organization thinks that he has learned way too much behind Kurt Warner (as well as he's been paid him a lot of $$) and isn't ready to let him go.

It worked out OK for GB.

This is true, but Lienhart hasn't shown he has 1/10th the work ethic of Rogers. That being said, he's got the physical tools. If Wisenhunt can get through to him I wouldn't write him off just yet. :wacko:

Well, there are SOME who'd say that Rodgers is a failure at this point as well.

But I agree, GB got VERY lucky to get Rodgers; one can hope that Warner's ethic and humility have rubbed off on Leinart. He may never be what he was expected to be coming out but a guy willing to work and lead can accomplish things in the league.