[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Could you miss a season for money?

cliaz

Would you? Could you?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Would you miss a complete season for $40k

• Yes
    • No

This was a topic at work today. In fact, we had 6 principle engineers, 4 operational engineers, 2 project managers and 1 operations manager (combined we had 1x PhD in Physics, 1x Masters Degree in Advanced Game Theory, 1 Masters in aeronautical engineering, & 3x undergrads in various IT degrees all applying their formulas on the issue) all discussing what I am about to lay out for you all for this pole.

You are offered $40k, cash and tax free, if you can, willingly and to the best of your ability, purposely miss all NFL activities for an entire season. I'm talking about training camp/preseason, regular season, playoffs, and super bowl.

You could not do any of the following:

-watch any sports shows on TV

-listen to any sports shows on the radio

-read any sports articles on line

-read any player rankings on fantasy football sites

There would be understanding on the issue of incidental viewing such as a new cast new breaks, magazine covers, etc.

7 said yes

3 said no

3 undecided

As for me, I don't think I could.

Easy.

Yes.

PS - $40k tax free = approx $55k pretax ... that's about $4700 / month ... there is no way I turn down that for the NFL ...

Yep, easily. Football is a hobby. That much cash is the real deal.

Besides, set some of that aside for better season tickets NEXT year... :wacko:

You are offered $40k, cash and tax free, if you can, willingly and to the best of your ability, purposely miss all NFL activities for an entire season. I'm talking about training camp/preseason, regular season, playoffs, and super bowl.

You could not do any of the following:

-watch any sports shows on TV

-listen to any sports shows on the radio

-read any sports articles on line

-read any player rankings on fantasy football sites

I would say I could... but I would still watch every game remembering who was on my dynasty rosters that I'm not actively managing...

:wacko:

I could do it for 10k and likely signifigantly less (and get a grap load of stuff done with the free time)

I'm leaning more and more this way as it is. So, yes, I would do it for a fraction of $40K.