[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Got robbed Monday night.

Front Row

I live in a small town on a corner lot, my back yard is approx 60' x50'. I have stockade fence with locking gate facing the road and wire fence along the woodline to keep the yungins in.

Mon. night a pair of pretty brash Sobs pushed the wire fence down, came into my backyard and stole one of these. workin mans tool

Not an easy thing to carry. :D

This was not in plain sight. Also was not chained. :doah: The thief new what he came for and where it was kept.

Aluminum is bringing a good penny at the scrap yard. :D

I am 99.999% sure who is behind this, a little crackhead bas mustard who has helped me in the past. The PD here have some knowledge of this young man also.

I am now very sorely aware of the evil thieving crackheads that poison my little community.

The real crime here is I no longer feel secure in my place and my wife is also fearfull they will be back for the rest, ladders, scaffold etc. and be even more brash, perhaps even enter the house.

:D

Off to home cheapo to get more chain & padlocks :D And then to the range. :D

Sorry for the long rant ,I just needed to vent .

This sucks.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a damn shame we can't booby trap our homes and yards against these type of intrusions. Sorry to hear about this, man. :D

Yes it does. :D

I'm sure I don't need to remind you to be careful and remember that they have to be in the house and not the yard when you shoot them.

1494241[/snapback]

I hope it doesn't come to this, but after shooting them, you can't allow them to leave the house prior to the police arriving. Multiple shots may be required.

who says you can't booby trap your yard? I have a man trap in my back yard. But it was made by the previous owners of the house (well their dogs anyways.)

that sucks, I had a crack head break into my house via our doggy door and steal thousands of dollars worth of stuff from my house.

who says you can't booby trap your yard?  I have a man trap in my back yard.  But it was made by the previous owners of the house (well their dogs anyways.)

1494298[/snapback]

Depends on the booby trap, I suppose.

Most states have a law that prohibits any "traps" especially those that are lethal or excessive. In addition, any use of force will have to reasonably meet a "self-defense" test. For example, you may have some legal issues if you shoot someone 4 times in the back as they are running from your property. It is one of the most mind-boggling laws on the books in my opinion. I seriously hope nobody ever has to encounter such a situation as it is one of the most frustrating and infuriating experiences I have ever had (no shooting involved).

Most states have a law that prohibits any "traps" especially those that are lethal or excessive.  In addition, any use of force will have to reasonably meet a "self-defense" test.  For example, you may have some legal issues if you shoot someone 4 times in the back as they are running from your property.  It is one of the most mind-boggling laws on the books in my opinion.  I seriously hope nobody ever has to encounter such a situation as it is one of the most frustrating and infuriating experiences I have ever had (no shooting involved).

1494312[/snapback]

I'm sure these states also have laws "prohibiting" tearing down someone's fence and stealing sh#t!! The way society is nowadays, I'm sure if you were to shoot the little SOBs, their lowlife parents would sue you. (and most likely win!)

Sorry about your luck FR :D

Aww heck, why not just go all out. Get a rabid wolverine and feed it gunpowder just to make it mean. That way when the next crackhead tries to break in, he becomes a tasty treat for the critter.

Seriously though, getting robbed sucks. I'm sorry dude. :D

The only problem with getting dogs that are meant to guard the house is the children. There should be a law where you are allowed to shoot crackheads on sight.

1494364[/snapback]

Hell the gansta's think every dog is a guard dog so a friendly lab will scare them away.... I bring mine to work at times and they wont come near her.. To big :D

For example, you may have some legal issues if you shoot someone 4 times in the back as they are running from your property.

1494312[/snapback]

Your state ought to get one of these. One of my favorite things about Colorado is our frontier spirit:

18-1-704.5 Use Of Deadly Physical Force Against An Intruder (“Make My Day law”)

1.    The general assembly hereby recognizes that the citizens of Colorado have a right to expect absolute safety within their own homes.

2.    Notwithstanding the provisions of section 18-1-704, any occupant of a dwelling is justified in using any degree of physical force, including deadly physical force, against another person when that other person has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, and when the occupant has a reasonable belief that such other person has committed a crime in the dwelling in addition to the uninvited entry, or is committing or intends to commit a crime against a person or property in addition to the uninvited entry, and when the occupant reasonably believes that such other person might use any physical force, no matter how slight, against any occupant.

3.    Any occupant of a dwelling using physical force, including deadly physical force, in accordance with the provisions or subsection (2) of this section shall be immune from criminal prosecution for the use of such force.

4.    Any occupant of a dwelling using physical force, including deadly physical force, in accordance with the provisions of subsection (2) of this section shall be immune from any civil liability for injuries or death resulting from the use of such force.

If you come onto my property to commit a crime, I can kill you. The cops can't prosecute me, and your family can't sue me. :D

Edited by AtomicCEO